disaster Wcgw letting off firecrackers next to helium balloons 🤔 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dr Deacon

Lick the Window of Life
I'm not a scientist but isn't hydrogen heavier than air. And who just has a hydrogen tank.
No it isn't, it's the lightest element and one of the most flammable. It can (and does because I've seen it) spontaneously combust when under very high pressure and released to the air due to the friction between air molecules and hydrogen atoms.
It's China, you can probably buy almost anything, including bottles of hydrogen, because they have no health and safety laws or regulation.

Denim Chicken

Full-On Rapist
No it isn't, it's the lightest element and one of the most flammable. It can (and does because I've seen it) spontaneously combust when under very high pressure and released to the air due to the friction between air molecules and hydrogen atoms.
It's China, you can probably buy almost anything, including bottles of hydrogen, because they have no health and safety laws or regulation.
Goddamnit. I should know better lol. I remembered some science demonstration in 6th grade or so where the teacher inhaled some gas that made his voice super deep and demonic sounding, I remembered it being hydrogen but clearly it's not 🤦

Dr Deacon

Lick the Window of Life
Goddamnit. I should know better lol. I remembered some science demonstration in 6th grade or so where the teacher inhaled some gas that made his voice super deep and demonic sounding, I remembered it being hydrogen but clearly it's not 🤦
Sulphur hexafluoride is the gas that makes your voice sound really low and deep.
Helium on the other hand...Due to its lower density, sound travels over twice as fast through helium than through air. When you breathe in helium the sound from your voice travels much more quickly across your vocal cords. (It's a myth that helium changes the pitch of your voice because your vocal cords vibrate at the same frequency).

Back