why the catholic church is fucked up (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kesselring

卐 SIEG HEIL STALIN 卐
This user was banned
As a preamble I'm a very lapsed catholic, aside from funerals or weddings its got to be 30 years since I've been to mass. They're an institution in crisis with scandals around real & damaging abuse, declining membership and not connecting with their flock.

For over 20 years a priest in Phoenix has been baptizing children saying "We baptize you in the name of...." instead of "I baptize you in the name of....". The church's response to this was to invalidate thousands of baptisms which throws confirmations, weddings, etc. into disarray. The priest involved sounds like a decent guy, is loved by his parishioners, didn't diddle kids and by all accounts made the We vs. I mistake innocently. The dioceses is insisting that everyone affected needs to be rebaptized, thats some bullshit!

The church has excused pedophiles, abusers and all sorts of scumbaggery surely to fuck they could grant some sort of papal disposition to allow those baptized as "we" to continue to be good catholics.

they are the only istitution that made your parents able to fuck to create you so i guess that you should be grateful because if youd lived two thousands years ago you would have been used as a sacrifice to some beautiful strange horned god

D.O.A.

We are Kings
I now consider the Catholic church to be more like organized crime or the mafia than a religious institution. They threaten and manipulate for power and wealth, they protect their own, and they are rife with corruption. I have absolutely zero positive things to say about the Catholic church.
I was baptized, like politics it can be used to rid us of certain elements. The Catholic church has no power now tho, so the good old days of nailing muslims upside down and burning down their cities has been passed on to the Republican party.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
First communion used to be fun
images - 2022-02-20T130656.926.jpeg

dwdays

We Shoulda Picked Our Own Cotton.
Say what you want about those evil bible-thumping Catholics…..their holy water makes the best lube.

SUGARBLU

Well Known Member
As a preamble I'm a very lapsed catholic, aside from funerals or weddings its got to be 30 years since I've been to mass. They're an institution in crisis with scandals around real & damaging abuse, declining membership and not connecting with their flock.

For over 20 years a priest in Phoenix has been baptizing children saying "We baptize you in the name of...." instead of "I baptize you in the name of....". The church's response to this was to invalidate thousands of baptisms which throws confirmations, weddings, etc. into disarray. The priest involved sounds like a decent guy, is loved by his parishioners, didn't diddle kids and by all accounts made the We vs. I mistake innocently. The dioceses is insisting that everyone affected needs to be rebaptized, thats some bullshit!

The church has excused pedophiles, abusers and all sorts of scumbaggery surely to fuck they could grant some sort of papal disposition to allow those baptized as "we" to continue to be good catholics.

Not as fucked up as the Mormons

reaper6790

NewbieX

it comes from people whop believe they have a warrant from god, a mandate from heaven to tell people what to do and what to think in order so that the pope can tell people not to jack off. Its delusional and even though it seems so self-evident to one on the outside(coming from a former catholic) they won't stop with such nonsense till that belief is left behind where it belongs.

hcoop111

Such is life
Mate…all religions are retarded …the way they try to rationalise it the pure fact that no matter what you do your damned and a sinner anyway oh but if you pray to some deity you will be forgiven (obv relating to Christianity atm) seems like a excuse to do more evil no…you don’t need that in life to be a good person (not that I’d call somebody who 100% followed the bible a good person) …anywho long story short religion is :shit:

Dead Christ

Saw It Coming
Religions can be fine if they mind their fucking business about what other people are doing and don't actively hurt people with their practices. Which is why Christianity has a good 1000+ years worth of shit to answer to, IMO

Graziani

TRUMP BACK TO WHITE HOUSE
I dont remember last time i was in church. And i have good memory. Even marriage cerimony i dont give a shit, and i never go.

Back