why the catholic church is fucked up (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

McM

ARSELING
The church in Berlin had even its own camp for forced labourers during the Nazi time, they had to work mostly as gravediggers for them.
One could assume they had a better life than others but that wasn't the case.

Kesselring

卐 SIEG HEIL STALIN 卐
This user was banned
Stop eating tide pods you imbecile
Well, this is a solid thesis. You should teach in school.
I wonder if you ever been in a school, apart from cleaning bathrooms
I was raised Catholic and now consider myself a recovering Catholic....because the guilt and shame fostered by religion runs deep.

I now consider the Catholic church to be more like organized crime or the mafia than a religious institution. They threaten and manipulate for power and wealth, they protect their own, and they are rife with corruption. I have absolutely zero positive things to say about the Catholic church.
Did you get your degree in a trap house?

Dead Christ

Saw It Coming
they are the only istitution that made your parents able to fuck to create you so i guess that you should be grateful because if youd lived two thousands years ago you would have been used as a sacrifice to some beautiful strange horned god
On the contrary, animals and people fuck no matter who created the planet. Your parents fucking does seem to be a miracle though, so I'll give you that

mr Ma'am

Well Known Member
Yeah, but in the UK we just call it being ‘a big whimp’ (scaredy cat, pussy, chicken) 😂

But seriously though, certain people can lose the plot when exposed to emotional stimuli. Like me hearing Justin Bieber. I remember hearing about Cinematic Neurosis as a student. Music was an even greater trigger for many people. Imagine how many bats had their heads eaten thanks to Ozzy ha ha.
Justin Bieber's music does posess me to want to kick his face in now that you mention it. 🤬

mrln

silent ghost
I thought a baptism was between you & God but now the church has control of that too 🤷🏼‍♀️ Worry about priests and their dirty tricks and leave the innocent folks alone!
like the age old argument. they should be able to have the right to marry. priests and nuns alike. listen. a dog is a dog. human nature is human nature. shouldnt fuck with either one. and because they cant. wtf are they to give marital advice and lecture you on how to raise your kids. why. because the "book" says so? yeaok...

Jon N.

Forum Veteran
As a preamble I'm a very lapsed catholic, aside from funerals or weddings its got to be 30 years since I've been to mass. They're an institution in crisis with scandals around real & damaging abuse, declining membership and not connecting with their flock.

For over 20 years a priest in Phoenix has been baptizing children saying "We baptize you in the name of...." instead of "I baptize you in the name of....". The church's response to this was to invalidate thousands of baptisms which throws confirmations, weddings, etc. into disarray. The priest involved sounds like a decent guy, is loved by his parishioners, didn't diddle kids and by all accounts made the We vs. I mistake innocently. The dioceses is insisting that everyone affected needs to be rebaptized, thats some bullshit!

The church has excused pedophiles, abusers and all sorts of scumbaggery surely to fuck they could grant some sort of papal disposition to allow those baptized as "we" to continue to be good catholics.

bummer.

WhatIsLife64

This user was banned
As A former Catholic, it hurts me to say (see how deep the guilt runs?) "why is the Church set up the way it is"? It's a natural gay club. Priests should be married. Just that would weed out a lot of wackos.

As for believing in religion, it's necessary. There will always be a segment of society that absolutely needs to believe in a higher power to remain sane ... or insane.

Back