Woman dies while 911 dispatcher mocks her (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ku Klux Kloyce

I ARE SHERIFF
Debbie Stevens was out delivering newspapers in Fort Smith, Arkansas when floodwaters in the riverfront town swept up her car. A distraught Stevens called 911 for help.
Instead of receiving help, she was mocked by the 911 operator, who told a panicked Stevens "You're not going to die. I don't know why you're freaking out" as water slowly filled her car. Stevens later drowned.
Police released audio of the disturbing 911 call Friday but not the name of the dispatcher. Stevens can be heard pleading for help, repeatedly saying, "Please help me. I don't wanna die."

The 911 dispatcher replied to Stevens in a mocking tone, flippantly telling her authorities will get there when they get there.
Dispatcher: "You're not going to die. I don't know why you're freaking out. It's OK. I know the water level is high."
Stevens: "I'm scared. I'm sorry."
Dispatcher: "I understand that, but you freaking out — doing nothing but losing your oxygen up in there, so calm down."
Stevens: "When are they going to be here?"
Dispatcher: "As soon as they get there."
At one point the 911 operator berates Stevens for driving into the water.
Stevens: "I'm scared. I've never had anything like this happen to me before."
Dispatcher: "This will teach you next time don't drive in the water."
Stevens: "Couldn't see it, ma'am. I'm sorry, or I wouldn't have."
Dispatcher: "I don't see how you didn't see it. You had to go right over it, so."
The full audio of the 911 call and police bodycam footage can be viewed in the video below, but a warning to readers, some might find it disturbing.
Authorities responded to the scene 12 minutes after Stevens first called 911, but because of the floodwaters, it took more than an hour for anybody to reach Stevens' vehicle. By the time police and firefighters were able to secure the car, Stevens had drowned.
Forth Smith Interim Police Chief Danny Baker said he understood the angered reactions to how the 911 operator treated Stevens in her dying moments. Baker said the dispatcher had given two weeks notice and that Stevens' phone call for help came during the dispatcher's last shift.
"I understand that listening to a person going through the panic that Ms. Stevens was in those final moments of her life, we would all hope that we would get a little bit better response than perhaps she was given," Baker told KHBS after the 911 call was released. "I don't want us interacting with anyone in that way, whether it's a life and death situation or not."
When asked why Stevens' call wasn't elevated, which would have put in place a certain set of procedures, Baker said the dispatcher likely wasn't aware of the severity of the situation. Baker told KHBS there's an ongoing investigation into the dispatcher's behavior, but then went on to say the 911 operator did nothing wrong.
"She did nothing criminally wrong. I'm not even going to go so far as saying she violated policy," Baker told KHBS.
"I am heartbroken for this tragic loss of life and my prayers are with Debra's family and friends," Baker said in a statement released to the media. "All of our first responders who attempted to save Ms. Stevens are distraught over the outcome. For every one of us, saving lives is at the very core of who we are and why we do what we do."
Stevens was 47-years-old at the time of her death. She was called a "model of being servant" by friend Neal Martin.
"She was a hardworking woman who was very dedicated to her job; she would deliver in the snow and ice when almost no one else would," Latonya Stolz told Times Record. "This goes to show just how dedicated to her job and to pleasing others she was."

Ward Cleaver

Resident Expert
The woman's 911 call was received at 4:38:19

The 911 operator dispatched the fire department at 4:41:56 (3 minutes and 37 seconds after she received the call).

That's a pretty damn fast turn-around time, considering she has to get the information from the caller and enter it into the system in order for the first responders to be dispatched.

However, the first responders didn't get to the vehicle until almost 6 in the morning...over an hour and 15 minutes after they were dispatched.

The 911 operator had nothing to do with this woman's death, in spite of the news media bitching that she was "rude."

I see two entities that would be more deserving of blame for this woman's death...

1) The first responders, due to the fact that they dicked around for over an hour and 15 minutes before they got to her car.

2) The woman who was driving the car and drowned, due to the fact that she attempted to drive through a flooded portion of a parking lot.

It's not unusual for people to drown in this manner during flash flooding, because they don't use due diligence and caution while they're driving. Instead of using an alternate route, they attempt to drive through moving water over pavement...foolishly underestimating the strength and power of the moving water, even if it's not real deep.
By the time they realize they've done something stupid...it's too late, and they're unable to drive out of it.

911call.png

Regards,
-Ward

DeadCold

Rookie
1) The first responders, due to the fact that they dicked around for over an hour and 15 minutes before they got to her car.

Actually Ward, if Im not mistaken by another source, was they couldnt find her. Where her original location was, the water rose, and caused her car to float further down to an area, firefighters couldnt see, nor access easily.

Be happy⚕

Vacant, Composed
Probably shouldn't have "berated" her for driving through the flooded area.. that's the only part I find harsh at all :/
Tbh I somewhat like the chilled out "don't waste your breath, conserve oxygen and calm yourself, all will be okay" attitude of the dispatcher.. perhaps things could have ran smoother, maybe they could have got to her quicker.. but from a 911 phone there's not a hell of alot more the operator could have done.. were they supposed to be saying
"help is on the way, but they probably won't be able to find you given the conditions, what you should do is flap about wildly in a blind panic and scream at the top of your lungs, cursing god and me, death is inevitable, good luck swimming around in your car, if you freak out enough perhaps it'll distract you from your dying"
No, you verbally slap her for being hysterical and tell her it will all be fine, even though you know.. she's fucked

bgirl

Bedevilling
This user was banned
Response time is measured from the time the call comes in to the time the first unit arrives on scene. The goal is 7-8 minutes, they were there in 12. Even though the dispatcher wasn't the cause of her death, she didn't do her job and I'm sure violated company policies and procedures.

She's supposed to keep the caller calm. Keep them talking by asking questions and giving them something to focus on while they're waiting. The dispatcher didn't get the urgency from the caller and it sounded like she didn't believe she was in real danger. When the called told her how high the water was getting she should have told her to try and get out of the vehicle.

While what she did wasn't criminal, the dead woman's family certainly has a negligence case against the city and the dispatcher personally. EMT's have to carry at least 1 million in malpractice insurance that the employer usually covers. If she violated their policies they may be able to sue her also. lol I hope that bitch has nightmares about that drowning woman for the rest of her life.

Debbie Stevens was out delivering newspapers in Fort Smith, Arkansas when floodwaters in the riverfront town swept up her car. A distraught Stevens called 911 for help.
Instead of receiving help, she was mocked by the 911 operator, who told a panicked Stevens "You're not going to die. I don't know why you're freaking out" as water slowly filled her car. Stevens later drowned.
Police released audio of the disturbing 911 call Friday but not the name of the dispatcher. Stevens can be heard pleading for help, repeatedly saying, "Please help me. I don't wanna die."

The 911 dispatcher replied to Stevens in a mocking tone, flippantly telling her authorities will get there when they get there.
Dispatcher: "You're not going to die. I don't know why you're freaking out. It's OK. I know the water level is high."
Stevens: "I'm scared. I'm sorry."
Dispatcher: "I understand that, but you freaking out — doing nothing but losing your oxygen up in there, so calm down."
Stevens: "When are they going to be here?"
Dispatcher: "As soon as they get there."
At one point the 911 operator berates Stevens for driving into the water.
Stevens: "I'm scared. I've never had anything like this happen to me before."
Dispatcher: "This will teach you next time don't drive in the water."
Stevens: "Couldn't see it, ma'am. I'm sorry, or I wouldn't have."
Dispatcher: "I don't see how you didn't see it. You had to go right over it, so."
The full audio of the 911 call and police bodycam footage can be viewed in the video below, but a warning to readers, some might find it disturbing.
Authorities responded to the scene 12 minutes after Stevens first called 911, but because of the floodwaters, it took more than an hour for anybody to reach Stevens' vehicle. By the time police and firefighters were able to secure the car, Stevens had drowned.
Forth Smith Interim Police Chief Danny Baker said he understood the angered reactions to how the 911 operator treated Stevens in her dying moments. Baker said the dispatcher had given two weeks notice and that Stevens' phone call for help came during the dispatcher's last shift.
"I understand that listening to a person going through the panic that Ms. Stevens was in those final moments of her life, we would all hope that we would get a little bit better response than perhaps she was given," Baker told KHBS after the 911 call was released. "I don't want us interacting with anyone in that way, whether it's a life and death situation or not."
When asked why Stevens' call wasn't elevated, which would have put in place a certain set of procedures, Baker said the dispatcher likely wasn't aware of the severity of the situation. Baker told KHBS there's an ongoing investigation into the dispatcher's behavior, but then went on to say the 911 operator did nothing wrong.
"She did nothing criminally wrong. I'm not even going to go so far as saying she violated policy," Baker told KHBS.
"I am heartbroken for this tragic loss of life and my prayers are with Debra's family and friends," Baker said in a statement released to the media. "All of our first responders who attempted to save Ms. Stevens are distraught over the outcome. For every one of us, saving lives is at the very core of who we are and why we do what we do."
Stevens was 47-years-old at the time of her death. She was called a "model of being servant" by friend Neal Martin.
"She was a hardworking woman who was very dedicated to her job; she would deliver in the snow and ice when almost no one else would," Latonya Stolz told Times Record. "This goes to show just how dedicated to her job and to pleasing others she was."

What a bitch.. If I was a family member I would hunt that bitch down and Drown her ass myself unprofessional sarcastic cunt bitch ?

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!

The 911 operator dispatched the fire department at 4:41:56 (3 minutes and 37 seconds after she received the call).

That's a pretty damn fast turn-around time, considering she has to get the information from the caller and enter it into the system in order for the first responders to be dispatched.

However, the first responders didn't get to the vehicle until almost 6 in the morning...over an hour and 15 minutes after they were dispatched.

The 911 operator had nothing to do with this woman's death, in spite of the news media bitching that she was "rude."

I see two entities that would be more deserving of blame for this woman's death...

2) The woman who was driving the car and drowned, due to the fact that she attempted to drive through a flooded portion of a parking lot.

It's not unusual for people to drown in this manner during flash flooding, because they don't use due diligence and caution while they're driving. Instead of using an alternate route, they attempt to drive through moving water over pavement...foolishly underestimating the strength and power of the moving water, even if it's not real deep.
By the time they realize they've done something stupid...it's too late, and they're unable to drive out of it.

View attachment 376851

Regards,
-Ward
Ya,that one just sucks,no matter what played into the womans death...RIP...SP

SquirmsOfUse

Fresh Meat
Stuff like this makes me hope angry spirits exist. Her last minutes were her being treated like shit by dispatch, even if the were going to die the dispatcher should have been empathetic and helped them more than saying calm down seeing as shes was about to die, and if she was not about to die to distract them with a different topic, your jobs to keep them on the phone. I swear common sense is extinct.

cereal_killer6.0

This user was banned

View attachment 376851

Regards,
-Ward
UM she was fucking rude. U should listen to the audio it’s on YouTube. Dumb bitch dispatcher I hope this haunts her forever

yotgguitar

"Hiro" aka: "Dolly"... the homo britfag dicksucker
There's only one question that matters: Is there any video of her drowning?

whiteboyopie

Forum Veteran
🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

Do a little leg work.
The 911 bitch is a she boon. That's right.
She was not fired. Just a " don't do it again".

Can't prove racism. But it's obvious.

Last edited:

Varmint Hunter

I'd go to hell just to shoot the Devil in the face
Dox the fucker and post all his/her shit onto the Chans and Kiwifarms. The Internet got it from there.

Whenever shit like this happens, DOX the fucking perps. You might even catch them in possession of CP or engaged in similar shit at one point.

Doxxing is extremely effective. Crowdsourced fucking yo' whole muthafuckin' life up. Future employment, private lives, chances of finding a partner, getting your kids into the schools of your choice, all that down the shitter.

Back