Woman shot to death by her two year old. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

msr

AHHHHH FUCK
Woman shot, killed at Walmart in Idaho by her toddler: reports

1 hour ago
  • Content preferences
    Done
    A two-year-old boy fatally shot a woman with a handgun at an Idaho Walmart. http://t.co/c1lTqRvFUn

— Gawker (@Gawker) December 30, 2014
    (Reuters) - A woman was shot and killed at a Walmart store in northern Idaho on Tuesday and local media reported that the gun went off when her toddler pulled a handgun from her purse and discharged it accidentally.

Lieutenant Stu Miller of the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office said on Twitter that a woman in her late 20s was killed in a shooting at the Walmart in Hayden.

"Prelim investigation shows shooting was accidental," Miller said in a tweet. Hayden is located in Kootenai County, north of Coeur d'Alene.

Miller did not say on Twitter who fired the gun and could not immediately be reached by phone.

Local KREM-TV reported that the woman had been shopping with four children when one of them, who was believed to be about two years old, reached into her purse and grabbed the gun.

Authorities say a 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother: http://t.co/jE41NilXAq pic.twitter.com/Vdk0npbsir

— CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews) December 30, 2014
    "A very sad incident occurred at our store today in Hayden involving the death of a female customer. We are working with the Kootenai Sheriff's department as they investigate what happened," Walmart spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan said.

Buchanan said the store had been closed and would remain so until further notice.

(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Sandra Maler)
    • Society & Culture
    • Crime & Justice
    • Walmart
    • Twitter
Click to view comments

YourDeadGrandma

Twisted Nipple
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Poor kids have to live life without their mom. Very unfortunate.
toast.jpg

Robmoore208

Rookie
Irony at best ..Sadly, as terrible a tragedy as this is I had to laugh at this in the end . This lady having a permit for a concealed weapon didn't think to safety her gun or better yet not leave it in reach of her two year olds inquisitive eyes?? And I'm from the same area that this occurred , and I'm thinking who the hell gave her a damn permit .

Attachments

• tmp_11931-Irony2060019956.jpg
    tmp_11931-Irony2060019956.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Mongrel

It's all fun & games until someone looses an eye
This happened spitting distance from me. I am near Spokane. The gun was in a purse that had a concealed weapons pouch. My glock has no safety, several other types don't have a "safety" in the traditional idea of a safety. I haven't been able to find out what type gun she carried. Sad that this happened I don't understand why she let him have any type access to her purse. They don't really mention that his siblings watched it happen. There a bit of therapy.

heatherfeather

I can't drown my demons they know how to swim
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Poor kids have to live life without their mom. Very unfortunate.
it aint even about being without there mom its more they shot there mom. they have to live with that and that is a tragedy

Momoko

Lurker
Kid: Daddy, why don't I have a mommy like the other kids at school?
Dad: Cuz you shot her, son.

A kodak moment waiting to happen.

I can ignore the matter of the safety for a moment, but I cannot ignore the fact that the kids were not taught to stay away from the gun. A parent can't keep their eyes glued on their kids all the time, but this could have been avoided for sure.

Back