6-year-old shoots teacher in Virginia classroom (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Vampiric

Fuck the world for what it's worth.
Bad parenting all around. My kids know u don't fucking touch dads guns period. There not toys they can kill you so if u touch them I will beat there ass for going through my stuff and touching the gun u have been told not to mess with. My 18 year still won't go in my room and touch my stuff. They know it's not okay to mess with other people's things forsake not guns knifes etc they are not toys. My son is six he won't go around it when I clean my guns he goes to play ps5 he knows I'll bust his ass if he touches any part of the gun. But I will explain to him what the parts do and how bad you or some else can be hurt with out proper experience.

ReallyJess

This one's optimistic
"Virginia law does not allow 6-year-olds to be tried as adults.

In addition, a 6-year-old is too young to be committed to the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice if found guilty."

Well no fucking shit

mrln

silent ghost
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

American parenting is worse.
This child has a terrible life. It's his parents who made this kid what he is.
its any parent of any kid that makes them the person who they are. no matter where in the world they live.

nostrils

Forum Veteran
A 6-year-old student shot and wounded a teacher at his school in Virginia during an altercation inside a first-grade classroom Friday, police and school officials in the city of Newport News said.

Experts said a school shooting involving a 6-year-old is extremely rare, although not unheard of, while Virginia law limits the ways in which a child that age can be punished for such a crime.

No students were injured in the shooting at Richneck Elementary School, police said. The teacher — a woman in her 30s — suffered life-threatening injuries. Her condition had improved somewhat by late afternoon, Newport News Police Chief Steve Drew said.

“We did not have a situation where someone was going around the school shooting,” Drew told reporters, later adding that the gunshot was not an accident.

Drew said the student and teacher had known in each other in a classroom setting.

He said the boy had a handgun in the classroom, and investigators were trying to figure out where he obtained it. The police chief did not provide further details about the shooting, the altercation or what happened inside the school.

Joselin Glover, whose son is in fourth grade, told The Virginian-Pilot newspaper she got a text from the school stating that one person was shot and another was in custody.

My heart stopped,” she said. “I was freaking out, very nervous. Just wondering if that one person was my son.”

Carlos, her 9-year-old, was at recess. But he said he and his classmates were soon holed up in the back of a classroom.

“Most of the whole class was crying,” Carlos told the newspaper.

Parents and students were reunited at a gymnasium door, Newport News Public Schools said via Facebook.

The police chief did not specifically address questions about whether authorities were in touch with the boy’s parents, but said members of the police department were handling that investigation.

“We have been in contact with our commonwealth’s attorney (local prosecutor) and some other entities to help us best get services to this young man,” Drew said.

Newport News is a city of about 185,000 people in southeastern Virginia known for its shipyard, which builds the nation’s aircraft carriers and other U.S. Navy vessels.

Richneck has about 550 students who are in kindergarten through fifth grade, according to the Virginia Department of Education’s website. School officials have already said that there will be no classes at the school on Monday.

“Today our students got a lesson in gun violence,” said George Parker III, Newport News schools superintendent, “and what guns can do to disrupt, not only an educational environment, but also a family, a community.”

Virginia law does not allow 6-year-olds to be tried as adults.

In addition, a 6-year-old is too young to be committed to the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice if found guilty.

A juvenile judge would have authority, though, to revoke a parent’s custody and place a child under the purview of the Department of Social Services.
A school shooting involving a 6-year-old is extremely rare, said James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Boston’s Northeastern University.

Fox told The Associated Press Friday evening that he could think of one previous incident involving a child that age.

In 2000, a 6-year-old boy fired a bullet from a .32-caliber gun inside Buell Elementary near Flint, Michigan, 60 miles (96 kilometers) from Detroit, striking 6-year-old Kayla Rolland in the neck, according to an AP article from the time. She died a half-hour later.

Fox analyzed school shooting data sets going back to 1970 from the Center for Homeland Defense and Security, which is located at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California. He said the data listed school shootings involving children ages 7, 8, 9 and older, but not 6-year-olds.

Another factor that stands out about the Virginia shooting is that it occurred in a classroom, Fox said. Many occur outside a school building where students are unsupervised.

From 2010 through 2021, there were more than 800 school-related shootings in K-12 schools that involved 1,149 victims. Thirty percent of those occurred in the school building, said Fox, who published the 2010 book, “Violence and Security on Campus: From Preschool Through College.”

“There are students who killed teachers, more typically high school students,” Fox said. “I don’t know of other cases where a 6-year-old shot a teacher.”

They’ll probably put him on trial as an adult 😂

dwdays

We Shoulda Picked Our Own Cotton.
American kids are fucking irritating
Irritating….? They’re fucking lethal.

A 6-year-old student shot and wounded a teacher at his school in Virginia during an altercation inside a first-grade classroom Friday, police and school officials in the city of Newport News said.

Experts said a school shooting involving a 6-year-old is extremely rare, although not unheard of, while Virginia law limits the ways in which a child that age can be punished for such a crime.

No students were injured in the shooting at Richneck Elementary School, police said. The teacher — a woman in her 30s — suffered life-threatening injuries. Her condition had improved somewhat by late afternoon, Newport News Police Chief Steve Drew said.

“We did not have a situation where someone was going around the school shooting,” Drew told reporters, later adding that the gunshot was not an accident.

Drew said the student and teacher had known in each other in a classroom setting.

He said the boy had a handgun in the classroom, and investigators were trying to figure out where he obtained it. The police chief did not provide further details about the shooting, the altercation or what happened inside the school.

Joselin Glover, whose son is in fourth grade, told The Virginian-Pilot newspaper she got a text from the school stating that one person was shot and another was in custody.

My heart stopped,” she said. “I was freaking out, very nervous. Just wondering if that one person was my son.”

Carlos, her 9-year-old, was at recess. But he said he and his classmates were soon holed up in the back of a classroom.

Parents and students were reunited at a gymnasium door, Newport News Public Schools said via Facebook.

The police chief did not specifically address questions about whether authorities were in touch with the boy’s parents, but said members of the police department were handling that investigation.

“We have been in contact with our commonwealth’s attorney (local prosecutor) and some other entities to help us best get services to this young man,” Drew said.

Newport News is a city of about 185,000 people in southeastern Virginia known for its shipyard, which builds the nation’s aircraft carriers and other U.S. Navy vessels.

Richneck has about 550 students who are in kindergarten through fifth grade, according to the Virginia Department of Education’s website. School officials have already said that there will be no classes at the school on Monday.

“Today our students got a lesson in gun violence,” said George Parker III, Newport News schools superintendent, “and what guns can do to disrupt, not only an educational environment, but also a family, a community.”

In addition, a 6-year-old is too young to be committed to the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice if found guilty.

A juvenile judge would have authority, though, to revoke a parent’s custody and place a child under the purview of the Department of Social Services.
A school shooting involving a 6-year-old is extremely rare, said James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Boston’s Northeastern University.

Fox told The Associated Press Friday evening that he could think of one previous incident involving a child that age.

In 2000, a 6-year-old boy fired a bullet from a .32-caliber gun inside Buell Elementary near Flint, Michigan, 60 miles (96 kilometers) from Detroit, striking 6-year-old Kayla Rolland in the neck, according to an AP article from the time. She died a half-hour later.

Fox analyzed school shooting data sets going back to 1970 from the Center for Homeland Defense and Security, which is located at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California. He said the data listed school shootings involving children ages 7, 8, 9 and older, but not 6-year-olds.

Another factor that stands out about the Virginia shooting is that it occurred in a classroom, Fox said. Many occur outside a school building where students are unsupervised.

From 2010 through 2021, there were more than 800 school-related shootings in K-12 schools that involved 1,149 victims. Thirty percent of those occurred in the school building, said Fox, who published the 2010 book, “Violence and Security on Campus: From Preschool Through College.”

“There are students who killed teachers, more typically high school students,” Fox said. “I don’t know of other cases where a 6-year-old shot a teacher.”

I don’t remember if my kids could brush their own teeth at 6. WTF!

Dr. Johnny Fever

aka Bill Murray
this is the little felon.....that melanin is some powerful shit

1673146321034.png

Pachinko

3rd World Country Reviewer
English woman needs to pipe down, 6yr olds in the UK carry knives

Another thing I'd like to add to is that there is still gun violence in the UK it just isn't reported on the news because it's gangs attacking each other, on top of that English children right now probably carry razors or boxer cutters to stay safe on the streets of Britain.

Graziani

TRUMP BACK TO WHITE HOUSE
That shit's gotta come from the home. I wonder what happened in his short life that could have prompted him to even contemplate doing this?
You are right. Dad and mom teachs some violent behavior to little son

Reject

This user was banned

A little terrorist, he started early.

hedgerow

simpelton
your lucky
did you ever consider the priest hood?
no way...would an agnostic priest work out i wonder. I never believed in even the basic tenets of Christian faith, never mind all its intricacies. Immaculate Conception...more like the Immaculate Deception.

mrln

silent ghost
no way...would an agnostic priest work out i wonder. I never believed in even the basic tenets of Christian faith, never mind all its intricacies. Immaculate Conception...more like the Immaculate Deception.
well its not too late for you. your retired right? and with all that time on your hands,you could try the collar on and see how it fits. agnostically...

Fetid01

STRAIGHT PRIDE WORLDWIDE!
I say good for the little niglet! Teachers should not be touching children sexually, thats the parents responsibility.....

mrln

silent ghost
again i will say it. the parent should be held responsible. no if's and's or but's! they were the one who was negligent and left the weapon for this little shit to grab and take to school and do the damage he did. put mom or dad,or who the fuck ever owns the gun. i dont care who it is. they are the one who is responsible for this little fuck getting a hold of the gun in the first place. it should be this cut and dry!

freebsd

Well Known Member
No, today your students learned it is ok to kill teachers and they won't do anything to you.
Strap him to ol sparky, and throw the switch. That will rehabilitate him, and let others know this will not be tolerated.

Yes i'm retired, but somehow i feel the collar would be far too tight for me.

All religious institutions should have their tax-exempt status taken away...nothing but freeloaders.

Since they pay no taxes, i and everyone else's taxes need to be higher to support them...so in a way i'm already agnostically supporting them.
No it doesn't. They could spend LESS money. Getting rid of TSA should cover the lack of pope mobile money.

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
UPDATE

Family of 6-year-old Virginia boy who shot first-grade teacher says firearm 'was secured'

The family of a 6-year-old boy who shot a first-grade teacher in her classroom said the gun was secured at their home when the student took it.

“Our family has always been committed to responsible gun ownership and keeping firearms out of the reach of children. The firearm our son accessed was secured,” the family said through a statement provided by their attorney, James Ellenson.

Our heart goes out to our son’s teacher and we pray for her healing in the aftermath of such an unimaginable tragedy as she selflessly served our son and the children in the school. She has worked diligently and compassionately to support our family as we sought the best education and learning environment for our son. We thank her for her courage, grace and sacrifice. We grieve alongside all of the other teachers, families and administrators for how this horrific incident has impacted them, our community, and the nation."

Abigail Zwerner was critically wounded in the Jan. 6 shooting while teaching about 20 students at a Newport News, Va., school.

The teacher was released from the hospital this week, a spokesperson for the Riverside Regional Medical Center said Thursday.

"She continues her recovery as an outpatient with the support of family, friends, and health professionals," the spokesperson said.

Newport News Police Chief Steve Drew said the boy's mother legally purchased the gun which the boy took from his home. He said a key element in the investigation will be to determine if the gun was properly secured. No charges have been announced in the case.

The family said the child is disabled.

“Our son suffers from an acute disability and was under a care plan at the school that included his mother or father attending school with him and accompanying him to class every day. Additionally, our son has benefitted from an extensive community of care that also includes his grandparents working alongside us and other caregivers to ensure his needs and accommodations are met. The week of the shooting was the first week when we were not in class with him. We will regret our absence on this day for the rest of our lives.”

Since the shooting, the statement added, the boy has been in a hospital receiving the “treatment he needs.”

“We continue to pray for his teacher’s full recovery, and for her loved ones who are undoubtedly upset and concerned. At the same time, we love our son and are asking that you please include him and our family in your prayers,” according to the statement.

The school system’s superintendent, George Parker III, said during a Jan. 12 virtual town hall that wasn’t public that the boy had come to school late and that his book bag was inspected upon his arriving at the office to sign in, according to parents who watched the meeting.

At least one administrator was notified of a possible weapon,” Parker said in a video reviewed by NBC News.

A Newport News police spokeswoman said authorities also determined through their investigation that “a school employee was notified of a possible firearm at Richneck Elementary before the shooting occurred,” adding, “The Newport News Police Department was not notified of this information prior to the incident.”

Further details haven't been made available about who conducted the search, why the gun wasn’t found and whether the child’s clothing was physically examined.

A representative with the Newport News police cited the ongoing investigation Thursday when declining comment. The school district could not be immediately reached for comment.

During a raucous school board meeting Tuesday night, parents, teachers and students told the superintendent and board members that teachers were not able to properly discipline problematic students.

Attendees also said the district has failed to properly protect students and staff, noting there have been three incidents of gun violence on school properties in 17 months.

Prior to the shooting at Richneck, In September 2021, a 16-year-old fired several shots in a busy hallway in Heritage High School during lunchtime, injuring two 17-year-olds, NBC affiliate WAVY of Portsmouth, Virginia, reported.

The shooter was sentenced to 10 years in prison, according to the station.

Less than two months later, in December, Demari Batten, 18, fatally shot Justice Dunham, 17, in the parking lot of Menchville High School after a football game against Woodside High School, also in the Newport News Public Schools system, according to WAVY.

Quinn Chambers, 26, who has a son in kindergarten at Richneck, told NBC News at the school board meeting: "The district let us down. It's the parents job to raise the kids but the district's job to provide some sort of safety and security."

Richneck has been closed since the shooting

District officials have said when it reopens, the elementary school will be outfitted with a metal detector. The district has also secured funding for 90 state-of-the-art detectors that will be placed on every district campus, officials said

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I call bullshit and the parents should be charged as well as that kid. He knew what he was doing. Obviously the gun wad not locked up and secure.

Back