murder 911 calls from 2021 - good list for true crime nerds to follow up (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

curiouslonelygirl

Innocent Soul
Why do 911 operators ask for unnecessary information before sending help? They need to hurry up.
It's a genuine question. I've never been on the helper's side of the phone, but I've been on the other side and there's no time to get into details when someone has been shot.

SeekingReality

Chẹẹƙy Ɓrịt Ɓịrɗ
Why do 911 operators ask for unnecessary information before sending help? They need to hurry up.
It's a genuine question. I've never been on the helper's side of the phone, but I've been on the other side and there's no time to get into details when someone has been shot.
Exactly. I know calls are recorded, but even so. Here our numbers come up on the operators side and logged, though they still are obliged to ask stupid and senseless questions when time is mostly of the essence. Am highly aware they need as much info as possible to pass on as they are talking to you, to assess risk and so forth, but it wastes valuable time.
Certainly don't blame the operators as such, as they are only doing what they're told to do however, there is always the jobsworths that are way too slow, and truly ask the dumbest of questions which can frankly fucking wait.

I have a friend who is a cop. They ask questions to keep you calm(ish) and to also try and keep you focused on what you CAN do. While those questions are being asked the operator is sending nearby vehicles to said location. By 3- 4 questions deep, cars are alrdy on their way.

pxnkoff

UnsupervisedRabbit

ps. this site is really good with the authenticity. no bs.

So recently this month I was heading south on I-295 NJ and smoking and speeding until I see this pickup truck in flames. I pull over and called 911. Two things happened here, first off 911 kept fuckin dialing for two minutes while this truck was being rapidly engulfed in flames on a highway that's still active at night until some operating lady finally answered. Second, this bitch sent me to the wrong fucking department. I don't know who she sent me too, but the fire and police and ambulance wasn't fucking it. I'm sorry but retarded people can't be fucking up like that lol

Back