Boycott Subway Calls Grow as Company Continues Doing Business in Russia (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

92.eth

CFO Slime Capital LLC - The Wolf of Gore Street
Go ahead boycott subway but the day you boycott Wendys BBQ sauce it's gonna to be click clack

Newsweek | March 18 2022

More than 400 of the biggest companies in the world—including Netflix, Spotify and Ikea—have reacted to mounting international pressure to suspend or withdraw their business from Russia since the invasion of Ukraine on February 24.

Some giant multinational chains, like McDonalds, Starbucks and Burger King, have temporarily halted operations there, sending a strong signal of their support for Ukraine.

But not Subway.

With 446 franchised shops across the country, Subway is so far refusing to sever ties with Russia.

Customers across the world have not taken the company's decision well.

Calls to boycott Subway have been spreading like wildfire on social media, with Twitter users declaring their surprise at finding the company in the list of businesses refusing to quit Russia.

"I haven't been to a Subway forever, now I'll never go back to one!" echoed @Wenlindy.

Some are more conflicted. "Oh, crap! Subway is one of my favorite fast food places. Boycotting gets complicated sometimes," tweeted @physicsmom1.

Some users complained that a boycott would only hurt local franchise owners already hit by sanctions, instead of punishing the company itself.

"Subway has no corporate operations in Russia," reads a statement from the company.

"There are approximately 450 franchised restaurants in Russia which are all independently owned and operated by local franchisees and managed by an independent master franchisee.

"We don't directly control these independent franchisees and their restaurants, and have limited insight into their day-to-day operations."

Other companies which function on a franchise-basis—like Starbucks and Burger King—have suspended business in Russia. Starbucks has temporarily closed its 130 licensed locations in the country and Burger King halted operations in its almost 800 franchises.

Yum! Brands, which operates 1,000 franchised KFC locations and several Pizza Huts in Russia, has also stopped supporting those restaurants.

Papa John's has likewise suspended all corporate operations in Russia, including those supporting its independent franchisees.

In the cases of both Burger King and Papa John's, the companies each have one independent franchisee they said they are unable to shut down.

Subway said that it will redirect any profits from operations in Russia to "humanitarian efforts supporting Ukrainians who have been affected by the war" and that it's working to provide meals for Ukrainian refugees in its franchises across Europe.

But that's also what companies who have already suspended operations in Russia—Starbucks and Burger King—have committed to do.

In his speech to Congress on Wednesday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky asked for Americans to stop buying products that are funding Vladimir Putin's invasion of Russia. In a passionate speech, he called for all American companies to "leave Russia" and "leave their market immediately because it's flooded with our blood."

U.S. politician Jon Cooper tweeted, that same Ukrainian blood is now spreading on Subway's "footlong sandwiches."

Subway is not the only company shying away from concrete action in Russia.

A list of big corporate exits from Russia compiled by Jeffrey Sonnenfeld of the Yale Chief Executive Leadership Institute shows that around 30 major firms continue to do business there.

Newsweek reached out to Subway for comment and got redirected to the company's previously mentioned published statement.

Collins

Well Known Member
Their ad says eat fresh, but all the meat is processed cured meats.

The bread has that much sugar that the Irish courts ruled that it can't be classed bread.
Probably true just like everything else these days, like if you look at a jar of honey it’ll say 100% pure honey and I’m sure you know that’s complete bollox 😂. your Irish, me too 🤘

Foreskin Goblin

Meth connoisseur
Go ahead boycott subway but the day you boycott Wendys BBQ sauce it's gonna to be click clack

Newsweek | March 18 2022

More than 400 of the biggest companies in the world—including Netflix, Spotify and Ikea—have reacted to mounting international pressure to suspend or withdraw their business from Russia since the invasion of Ukraine on February 24.

Some giant multinational chains, like McDonalds, Starbucks and Burger King, have temporarily halted operations there, sending a strong signal of their support for Ukraine.

But not Subway.

With 446 franchised shops across the country, Subway is so far refusing to sever ties with Russia.

Customers across the world have not taken the company's decision well.

Calls to boycott Subway have been spreading like wildfire on social media, with Twitter users declaring their surprise at finding the company in the list of businesses refusing to quit Russia.

"I haven't been to a Subway forever, now I'll never go back to one!" echoed @Wenlindy.

Some are more conflicted. "Oh, crap! Subway is one of my favorite fast food places. Boycotting gets complicated sometimes," tweeted @physicsmom1.

Some users complained that a boycott would only hurt local franchise owners already hit by sanctions, instead of punishing the company itself.

"Subway has no corporate operations in Russia," reads a statement from the company.

"There are approximately 450 franchised restaurants in Russia which are all independently owned and operated by local franchisees and managed by an independent master franchisee.

"We don't directly control these independent franchisees and their restaurants, and have limited insight into their day-to-day operations."

Other companies which function on a franchise-basis—like Starbucks and Burger King—have suspended business in Russia. Starbucks has temporarily closed its 130 licensed locations in the country and Burger King halted operations in its almost 800 franchises.

Yum! Brands, which operates 1,000 franchised KFC locations and several Pizza Huts in Russia, has also stopped supporting those restaurants.

Papa John's has likewise suspended all corporate operations in Russia, including those supporting its independent franchisees.

In the cases of both Burger King and Papa John's, the companies each have one independent franchisee they said they are unable to shut down.

Subway said that it will redirect any profits from operations in Russia to "humanitarian efforts supporting Ukrainians who have been affected by the war" and that it's working to provide meals for Ukrainian refugees in its franchises across Europe.

But that's also what companies who have already suspended operations in Russia—Starbucks and Burger King—have committed to do.

In his speech to Congress on Wednesday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky asked for Americans to stop buying products that are funding Vladimir Putin's invasion of Russia. In a passionate speech, he called for all American companies to "leave Russia" and "leave their market immediately because it's flooded with our blood."

U.S. politician Jon Cooper tweeted, that same Ukrainian blood is now spreading on Subway's "footlong sandwiches."

Subway is not the only company shying away from concrete action in Russia.

A list of big corporate exits from Russia compiled by Jeffrey Sonnenfeld of the Yale Chief Executive Leadership Institute shows that around 30 major firms continue to do business there.

Newsweek reached out to Subway for comment and got redirected to the company's previously mentioned published statement.
Everyone remember this, when the "tolerant" people of society all banded together to fuck over an entire country of people who never did a damn thing to them, never wanted to do what they accused them of, saying "oh if they didnt support it theyd revolt" oh? Just like you pussies did when trump became president? Like you said you would? Oh thats right, you didnt revolt, because its a lot harder to actually overthrow a government than speaking about doing it. I fucking hate these weak faggots hurting the russian people for what the oligarchs are doing, something the average person could never stop.

But people dont think, we've devolved into hairless apes, and we lost the one advantage we had over animals. Time for another species to rise, our stupid fucking species is done for.

Brainfart

Don't take what I say seriously...
Probably true just like everything else these days, like if you look at a jar of honey it’ll say 100% pure honey and I’m sure you know that’s complete bollox 😂. your Irish, me too 🤘
Nah Ozzy mate...here is how to see if your honey is pure...I posted it as a thread too... But put it here just in case the moderators don't put it up...

Back