bizarre British Heroes (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Inhaler

Forum Veteran
It isn't an accent that has a location, it's place is routed in class. It's called Received Pronunciation and is spoken primarily by the middle class, it's basically how they're taught to speak at expensive private schools. The RAF is full of those sort of people.

Also, British middle class is totally different to American middle class.

ThunderCat

Forum Veteran
Sounds like a PROPER piss take of the British. Like a Carry on film accent πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

It isn't an accent that has a location, it's place is routed in class. It's called Received Pronunciation and is spoken primarily by the middle class, it's basically how they're taught to speak at expensive private schools. The RAF is full of those sort of people.

Also, British middle class is totally different to American middle class.
Hey i went to a VERY expensive private school and got taught to speak proper... I don't speak like that. Some would say i do have a posh accent as i don't have a northern, or Bristol, or even an Irish accent. But this ain't posh. This is silly british accent. You can even tell they are not talking their NORMAL voice. Hahahaha. Maybe in the 60s people USED to put a British accent on and sound STUPID as they did it. But if you listen to Chelsea people. That's a PROPER English accent...And it's Middle/higher class...

I agree its not an area that has a posh accent. But I'm definitely thinking this COULD be outta a film/comedy from the 60s. It just doesn't sound like ANY British that I've met

Last edited:

Inhaler

Forum Veteran
Sounds like a PROPER piss take of the British. Like a Carry on film accent πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hey i went to a VERY expensive private school and got taught to speak proper... I don't speak like that. Some would say i do have a posh accent as i don't have a northern, or Bristol, or even an Irish accent. But this ain't posh. This is silly british accent. You can even tell they are not talking their NORMAL voice. Hahahaha. Maybe in the 60s people USED to put a British accent on and sound STUPID as they did it. But if you listen to Chelsea people. That's a PROPER English accent...And it's Middle/higher class...

I agree its not an area that has a posh accent. But I'm definitely thinking this COULD be outta a film/comedy from the 60s. It just doesn't sound like ANY British that I've met
I dunno, it's hard to tell if it's a joke or not cause everyone from that time sounded so different to how anyone speaks nowadays... bit like how no one in America still speaks in a 100mph trans Atlantic accent anymore. Accent change at a rapid pace.

We can agree they sound like twats

They speak like that so everyone is clear and understanding. Britain has so many different accents,some are hard even for a brit to understand.

Mingemuffin73

Hadenufdrgs2day
I dunno, it's hard to tell if it's a joke or not cause everyone from that time sounded so different to how anyone speaks nowadays... bit like how no one in America still speaks in a 100mph trans Atlantic accent anymore. Accent change at a rapid pace.

We can agree they sound like twats
Well said ol boy 😜

They are called public schools , not private . I guess grammar wasn't big on your timetable lol . speak properly not speak proper . I think you've pulled this story out of your anus to be honest .

It's what was know as ,"Kings English" . Most of the media at the time used it . The use of accents ; as scouse , brummie etc was thought too common for broadcast . Even amongst the upper classes this accent has gone , it's now a more , "Eton " accent . Like the current and past prime ministers .

Jessica Fletcher. 🍳

π™°πš—πšπšŽπš•πšŠ 𝚘𝚏 π™³πšŽπšŠπšπš‘.
Hey i went to a VERY expensive private school and got taught to speak proper... I don't speak like that.
Indeed you don't, the proper word would be properly.

I'm at work so I watched it silent but Ive heard enough "Tally Ho what's?" to get an idea.

ThunderCat

Forum Veteran
Indeed you don't, the proper word would be properly.

I'm at work so I watched it silent but Ive heard enough "Tally Ho what's?" to get an idea.
Well the actual meaning of what i said as in "Proper " means the CORRECT type or form, suitable or appropiate. So i ASSUME that's the Proper word i used.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜˜

Back