Climate protesters throw tomato soup on Van Gogh’s ‘Sunflowers’ painting (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

frederykruysch

tropical darks
LONDON (AP) — Climate protesters threw soup over Vincent van Gogh’s “Sunflowers” in London’s National Gallery on Friday to protest fossil fuel extraction, but caused no damage to the glass-covered painting.

The group Just Stop Oil, which wants the British government to halt new oil and gas projects, said activists dumped two cans of tomato soup over the oil painting, one of the Dutch artist’s most iconic works. The two protesters also glued themselves to the gallery wall.

The soup splashed across the glass covering the painting and its gilded frame. The gallery said “there is some minor damage to the frame but the painting is unharmed.” It was cleaned and returned to its place in the gallery on Friday afternoon.

MX6NBIILAZGLBBTNBQAFKVRW4U.jpg

XCMPAPRPJBHHNLDT4VCGLUWW7E.jpg

Iappreciate art so much, let the paintings alone!
Can't they just find other way to protest??

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
“We protest over the use of oil paint!!!”

Stupid, ignorant retarded dipshits!!!

I bet their parents would just say “that’s nice” without looking when they drew crayon pictures as toddlers. That’s the kind of shit that leave deep scars in the human mind 😂 (it actually is, but I’m using the reference for humorous purposes).

wiggins

Forum Veteran
“We protest over the use of oil paint!!!”

Stupid, ignorant retarded dipshits!!!

I bet their parents would just say “that’s nice” without looking when they drew crayon pictures as toddlers. That’s the kind of shit that leave deep scars in the human mind 😂 (it actually is, but I’m using the reference for humorous purposes).
They face no consequences these days because the magistrates have been inculcated with the same woke pathogens at uni too.

So they remove statues that are 'at risk' rather than guarding them, they let these little cunts off as they are 'suffering from global warming PTSD (Sydney harbour woman who jammed up the traffic over the bridge by stopping her car in the middle and locking her head to the steering wheel), the little cunts who threw that statue into the sea in Bristol etc.

Give them 20 years gaol and this would die out quickly.

I have partial insight. As i grow older I become more and more fascist. i began as a left wing student dabbling in student politics and am now well to the right of Attila the Hun...

They say if you are not left wing in your twenties you have no heart.

If you're still left wing in your 40's you have no brain...

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
They face no consequences these days because the magistrates have been inculcated with the same woke pathogens at uni too.

So they remove statues that are 'at risk' rather than guarding them, they let these little cunts off as they are 'suffering from global warming PTSD (Sydney harbour woman who jammed up the traffic over the bridge by stopping her car in the middle and locking her head to the steering wheel), the little cunts who threw that statue into the sea in Bristol etc.

Give them 20 years gaol and this would die out quickly.

I have partial insight. As i grow older I become more and more fascist. i began as a left wing student dabbling in student politics and am now well to the right of Attila the Hun...

They say if you are not left wing in your twenties you have no heart.

If you're still left wing in your 40's you have no brain...

I love your correct use of the historical spelling of jail. I remember learning that as a kid where Gaol was carved into the stone header above the door of a historical prison.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
I love your correct use of the historical spelling of jail. I remember learning that as a kid where Gaol was carved into the stone header above the door of a historical prison

I was taught to speak the Queen's English in the days before computers. And before the cultural imperialism of computers with American English spell checks...

How did Churchill put it? America and England are two countries divided by a common language...

DeathMetalWife

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
Where did they buy the soup? Who made the t shirts? What are they doing right now to offset the emissions created in procuring these items? Their effort to throw soup on a priceless work of art isn't even carbon neutral. This misguided provocateur shit is weak (tomato) sauce.

Don't even get me started on the chemicals washed down the drain dying that hair.
Where did they get the cyanoacrylate? Solvent based glue. Tsk tsk tsk.

There's a lack of self awareness here.

To think that they would have no problem doing the same to a beautiful painting not covered with protective glass is infuriating. These two self-entitled dweebs should have a bucket of sulfuric acid thrown on them.
They did the right thing. Think of all the dumbass animals that have no home because of that museum. The museum is entaughtled.

JayZee

Everything will be really bad.
I love your correct use of the historical spelling of jail. I remember learning that as a kid where Gaol was carved into the stone header above the door of a historical prison.
Gaol is jail? I thought he was abbreviating Gay All! Which oddly enough is what a lot of (all) prisoners are forced to become whilst in "gaol". Ha! I kid...I kid... 😂
Where did they buy the soup? Who made the t shirts? What are they doing right now to offset the emissions created in procuring these items? Their effort to throw soup on a priceless work of art isn't even carbon neutral. This misguided provocateur shit is weak (tomato) sauce.

Don't even get me started on the chemicals washed down the drain dying that hair.
Where did they get the cyanoacrylate? Solvent based glue. Tsk tsk tsk.

There's a lack of self awareness here.
I called them a couple of losers before, but upon reading this I would to change it to a couple of idiots. Please edit accordingly. 😝

Back