Climate protesters throw tomato soup on Van Gogh’s ‘Sunflowers’ painting (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dr. Johnny Fever

aka Bill Murray
I would slap them until my hand disintegrated.
I'd use my turgid cock

ezgif-3-7b3ba0d429.gif

Foreskin Goblin

Meth connoisseur
LONDON (AP) — Climate protesters threw soup over Vincent van Gogh’s “Sunflowers” in London’s National Gallery on Friday to protest fossil fuel extraction, but caused no damage to the glass-covered painting.

The group Just Stop Oil, which wants the British government to halt new oil and gas projects, said activists dumped two cans of tomato soup over the oil painting, one of the Dutch artist’s most iconic works. The two protesters also glued themselves to the gallery wall.

The soup splashed across the glass covering the painting and its gilded frame. The gallery said “there is some minor damage to the frame but the painting is unharmed.” It was cleaned and returned to its place in the gallery on Friday afternoon.

View attachment 622225

View attachment 622223
View attachment 622224

Iappreciate art so much, let the paintings alone!
Can't they just find other way to protest??
If i was present theyd have had to pry 2 bodies off that wall.
i dont give a fuck who you are or what you stand for, your life is worth less than that frame around the painting, and the painting itself is worth an IMMENSE amount more than your entire family's lives, so kindly fuck off and die in a hole.
Those works of art should be in a fucking vault or behind thick as fuck glass, because retards dont understand that is history itself, we will never get another, and if we lose it we lose something of incomprehensible importance to our entire species past and future.

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
LONDON (AP) — Climate protesters threw soup over Vincent van Gogh’s “Sunflowers” in London’s National Gallery on Friday to protest fossil fuel extraction, but caused no damage to the glass-covered painting.

The group Just Stop Oil, which wants the British government to halt new oil and gas projects, said activists dumped two cans of tomato soup over the oil painting, one of the Dutch artist’s most iconic works. The two protesters also glued themselves to the gallery wall.

The soup splashed across the glass covering the painting and its gilded frame. The gallery said “there is some minor damage to the frame but the painting is unharmed.” It was cleaned and returned to its place in the gallery on Friday afternoon.

View attachment 622225

View attachment 622223
View attachment 622224

Just Kick the Fuck out of these Disrespectful P'SOS! Target a Famous Painters work for their Useless Fkn Statement's! Nothing will become of their pettiness! That's not how change becomes...U Fkn Dipshits!!!
🤬...SP

OminousDarkness

Plotting your suicide.
This user was banned
I was under the impression that all of the "masterpieces " aren't actually displayed. Instead, they use replicas. I could be wrong, but I do recall hearing this on more than one occasion. Anyone know?

IExist

I exist
The only thing this proves is....

1. PETA/Green Peace is spreading to other environmental factions.
2. People on the internet that are protecting these two fucktards think Van Gogh was rich before he cancelled his life with a gun shot to the head.
3. They made a speech about poverty and reliance on oil companies, yet they wasted food and used a byproduct of oil to superglue their hands to the walls.

Aphotic

Fresh Meat
What's even the point. The oils there, it's already been used, it's already on display. And now on its own it can't harm anything anymore so why bother trying to ruin it?

It's like burning a fur coat, it's already been made, if anything you're just destroying the only thing that creature died for, and now someone doesn't have a coat anymore - it's a lose lose.

Guipago

Forum Veteran
Just say one word "irony" and smash them in the head with a can of soup until it bursts
Use the edge------it'll hurt more
they are just more total fuckwits, they're whinging about fossil fuels, so, go glue yourself to a petrol bowser, no one will flick a match at ya.

View attachment 622225

View attachment 622223
View attachment 622224

they are just terrorist

Back