accident Dallas airshow collision (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

King-Rory

Yer can Bollocks M8
I reckon the B17 pilot wouldn't have had time to finish the sentence "What was that bang?" before he hit the ground.

M.O.DENGLER

Splendid Fellow
This is why, and I've always said it, aircraft should have a reverse gear. As per health and safety, it should have one of those 'beep beep' noises the lorries make when going backwards as well.

• Haha
Reactions: McM

nostrils

Forum Veteran
Just a guess here, but it appears to be a screenshot of a DSLR viewfinder. Those squares are the focus points. Love to see the actual raw jpeg image file. Looks like some great detail was captured.
I was like ‘has someone pointed out the bodies’

But I was disappointed

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
What are the boxes meant to be highlighting?
I was trying to figure the same thing out. I have a larger version of that photo and it appears that they are the focus boxes on a digital camera, seeing that it's also showing the camera's ISO setting and F-stop setting. Mine can have up to 49 (focal points), or something like that, but I never have it set to record the settings on a photo - they only appear as the camera operator is focusing in on something, even if just viewing it with the shutter button pressed half way - full press will engage the shutter.

News stories say it was Bell P 63 Kingcobra
Yup, and this is the one (call #311719) that hit the bomber - before and after.

1. Undated photo of the Bell P 63 Kingcobra in flight.
Dallas Air show crash 4 - Nov 14 2022 - DH.jpg

2. Wreckage of the Kingcobra on the ground.
Dallas Air show crash 5 - Nov 14 2022 - DH.jpg

Last edited:

Lurker
Bet the FAA gonna create a bunch of new rules over this

I also see why he didn’t see him until the last second his right wing which was up was blocking the view of the b17 as he was turning

There’s no p63s in existence that looks like a p51 mustang you can tell from the wings and engine noise
You better go and correct all the officials. Cause they’re saying it’s a P63.

Thank God we have an expert here to set the record straight.

Black Momba

Anal raping, unwilling white bitches. -Kobe
Old ex military gents...

Indeed, very unfortunate.
If anyones seen B-17's fly, when they do, they have multiple people in the plane. Its a ride of a life time kinda thing, especially if co-piloting / spotting.

Doing what they loved, flying in machines that fought in WWII.
4w85.png

AlbertThaFish

This user was banned
Play with a vehicle like a toy and you reap what you sow. No one should weep for their deaths as their deaths were the direct cause of stupidity and stupidity should not be mourned.

Back