Florida Cam. Watch Hatching and Raising of Bald Eagles (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

deviant2

hell is other people
Just a guy. And his vulture.
20171125_120101.jpg

deviant2

hell is other people
M came in when Ozzie got hurt, was rescued and went to Eagle rehab for 3 months. Harriet and Ozzie had two babes in the nest at this time. One didn't make it, however one did. M was quite persistent in his love for Harriet. She carried her love for Ozzie for a while, as birds of prey do. They marry for life, until death do them part. Harriet provided for that babe by herself, hunted for food, protected the nest, hardly slept. She rocks, old girl that she is. Then in came M... he would sit in her nest, like a little boy, waiting for her to show. To show his love, brave BRAVE, lol. She at first gave him grief, lots of grief. But he hung in there and became a step parent to the babe that was there. That babe, HATED him, lol. But excepted his food offerings, minded her Mom... and flew off as the seasons call, wiser and perhaps smarter tham most. Has since visited the nest as a juvie/sub adult, I believe. No Eagle, babe nor adult , would dare land in that tree, if they hadn't been there before, you see.
If anyone reading cares to know the story, look it up. If I keep typing, I'll have a novel written before long.

Reactions: msr

deviant2

hell is other people
^ last seasons babe...
But this song just skipped it's way onto my Pandora round.
So it's a twofer...

deviant2

hell is other people
Pretty blue sky at the old shag pine.

Someone is monitoring cam 2... It's zoomed in this morning. And I think I see nest cam equipment hanging there... EEPS!

deviant2

hell is other people
Harriet has never laid more than 2, that have been on cam. And she's been on cam for many years now.

Other nests have been recorded with 3. Once in a blue moon, 4.

Last edited:

deviant2

hell is other people
They'll have to work a bit for their sticks and crib rails this time 'round. Last year, they had to wait for Irma do her thing but they had some choice pickings for nestorations. They showed seperately(Harriet first, then M). We all held our breaths to be sure, until he flew in just after sunrise one morning. And HOLY SCREAMING FEMALE, did she let it be known he was there, lol.

deviant2

hell is other people
Fyi... at the end of that vid, when they fly across the busy road... is where you'd find "Yonder Pond".

;)

Back