Ghislaine Maxwell Arrested (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ward Cleaver

Resident Expert
I recently read through the entire indictment and list of "charges" that federal prosecutors have filed against Ghislaine Maxwell.

I would advise others who are interested in this case to look up that indictment on the internet and read it through for themselves.

Remember, in our legal system...anyone indicted is to be "presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt."

The government's "case" against Maxwell is actually surprisingly weak.
Literally, the only "evidence" they have is some anecdotal stories from some young women, several years after the fact, all of whom have either filed...or are in the process of filing...civil suits against Ghislaine in an effort to secure a big financial pay-day (now that Epstein is dead, and their civil suits against Epstein's estate are going nowhere).

The government's "case" against and indictment of Ms. Maxwell seems to me now to be nothing more than an obvious "bargaining chip" to entice, and possibly coerce Ms. Maxwell to "make a deal," "talk," and hopefully present evidence so that prosecutors can move higher up in the the food chain.

Also, the fact that Ms. Maxwell purchased a home last year in the U.S. and has been living there full-time ever since, is very strong evidence that a good defense attorney can present to the judge during a bail hearing to show that Ms. Maxwell is not a flight risk.

So here's how I think this is going to play out...

1) Ghislaine comes up for a bail hearing on Friday...and she'll probably be granted bail.

2) When she's home and can think clearly, she'll be planning a defense with a group of high-priced, hard-hitting attorneys.

3) I can assure you that the "case" against Ghislaine Maxwell is not a "slam-dunk" like the press is spinning it to be...not even close.

4) I believe she has about an 80% chance of walking completely free...do to various exculpatory factors...without ever having to make any sort of "deal."

5) If I were advising Ms. Maxwell, I would advise her to accept no deals...unless the deal offered complete immunity from prosecution...because the government's case against her is weak.

6) I believe the prosecution would be more than happy to make such a deal because their end-game is to actually go after people higher up in the food chain than Ms. Maxwell.

7) It would then be prudent to accept such a deal...tell what she knows and present any evidence that she has...to avoid the time and expense of a lengthy trial.

Regards,
-Ward

Guipago

Forum Veteran
No. 7 might get her a copper sleeping pill though or a 'no frills' suicide complete with a note & she's smart enough to know that, however it goes, she's in for shit.

KingElvis

Retired
What will be the bigger scandal?

Bill Clinton, prince Andrew etc. exposed or Maxwell commiting suicide...

Guess it will be like Trump and lies; we all know that it's bullshit, but hey, whatya gonna do?

Crusty Santa

Unpaid Elf Labor
This user was banned
You still have not explained why...according to you...Ghislaine Maxwell would still have been arrested and prosecuted if she stayed in France due to her "international crimes."

The U.S. is the only country investigating or prosecuting anything related to Epstein.

France does not allow French citizens to be extradited to any other country.

Why did you say that she wouldn't be safe from arrest even if she stayed in France?
Mr. Baggins...just who do you think would arrest her?

Here's the bottom line...
If Maxwell had stayed in France, the U.S. would have just been shit out of luck.

Regards,
-Ward
I linked my sources, if you didn't watch them thats not my problem and I won't bother talking to you about it. She wouldn't go to France to begin with because that would be too risky, you didn't even think about that did you? Going to France from America isn't a bright idea.

Crusty Santa

Unpaid Elf Labor
This user was banned
the voice of experience...
Every night. Taking gymnastics classes just so I can perfect the self sucking.
909_1000.jpg
079_1000.jpg
TsS5CAp.jpg

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
I recently read through the entire indictment and list of "charges" that federal prosecutors have filed against Ghislaine Maxwell.

I would advise others who are interested in this case to look up that indictment on the internet and read it through for themselves.

Remember, in our legal system...anyone indicted is to be "presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt."

The government's "case" against Maxwell is actually surprisingly weak.
Literally, the only "evidence" they have is some anecdotal stories from some young women, several years after the fact, all of whom have either filed...or are in the process of filing...civil suits against Ghislaine in an effort to secure a big financial pay-day (now that Epstein is dead, and their civil suits against Epstein's estate are going nowhere).

The government's "case" against and indictment of Ms. Maxwell seems to me now to be nothing more than an obvious "bargaining chip" to entice, and possibly coerce Ms. Maxwell to "make a deal," "talk," and hopefully present evidence so that prosecutors can move higher up in the the food chain.

Also, the fact that Ms. Maxwell purchased a home last year in the U.S. and has been living there full-time ever since, is very strong evidence that a good defense attorney can present to the judge during a bail hearing to show that Ms. Maxwell is not a flight risk.

So here's how I think this is going to play out...

1) Ghislaine comes up for a bail hearing on Friday...and she'll probably be granted bail.

2) When she's home and can think clearly, she'll be planning a defense with a group of high-priced, hard-hitting attorneys.

3) I can assure you that the "case" against Ghislaine Maxwell is not a "slam-dunk" like the press is spinning it to be...not even close.

4) I believe she has about an 80% chance of walking completely free...do to various exculpatory factors...without ever having to make any sort of "deal."

5) If I were advising Ms. Maxwell, I would advise her to accept no deals...unless the deal offered complete immunity from prosecution...because the government's case against her is weak.

6) I believe the prosecution would be more than happy to make such a deal because their end-game is to actually go after people higher up in the food chain than Ms. Maxwell.

7) It would then be prudent to accept such a deal...tell what she knows and present any evidence that she has...to avoid the time and expense of a lengthy trial.

Regards,
-Ward

I don't think she's going to get bail. They want her alive and available. I read somewhere today they make her wear a paper suit. She is constantly monitored and she even has a "cellmate".

Ward Cleaver

Resident Expert
Grand Mal Caesar said:
I don't think she's going to get bail.

We'll find out on Tuesday.
Her attorneys filed a request for bail today in the US District Court in Manhattan.

The judge is apparently going to address that request during Maxwell's court appearance on Tuesday.

Personally, I believe the judge will grant bail...but it will be a very high amount.

Regards,
-Ward

Back