Serious Has Gore Gotten Easier Or Harder To Watch Over Time? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Gman2011

Fresh Meat
Easier/less interesting for sure. I noticed I tend to engage most with posts containing warnings of dead children. At first I was like what the fuck is wrong with me but after thinking about it, I engage with those because they still elicit an emotional response. Youā€™ve seen one decapitated brown dude, youā€™ve seen them all. But with each little kid post I always think ā€œawe poor baby didnā€™t deserve thatā€. Iā€™m not brave enough to watch most videos though so I still have some growing to do. I am highly empathetic and I donā€™t mind looking at the aftermath but canā€™t watch someone suffer. Also Iā€™ve never clicked on a post with an animal warning lol animals > people forever

ihateanimalg0re

I fucking hate animal gore
Do you think you will ever grow out of watching gore?

Has it gotten harder or easier to watch over time?

I was introduced to gore when I was about 10 or 11. The first video I ever watched was the famous Mexican cartel chainsaw beheading. I canā€™t recall who showed me the video possibly an older brother of a friend. Anyways, I started really watching gore when I was about 15 with my friend and we would watch videos in our high school math class and show other kids and laugh at their reactions. This was at the time when bestgore was our go to site. Iā€™ve never been able to handle knife videos of people getting slashed or cut and definitely no animals but anything else I can usually handle. But over time I feel like Iā€™m starting to feel like these people Iā€™m watching getting murdered arenā€™t even people if that makes sense. Thereā€™s no way if I was to get my head chopped off Iā€™m ever being at rest. Itā€™s like when your best friend dies for instance, you expect them to go to heaven or be at peace. Thatā€™s what these people being murdered parents are expecting lol. It kinda blows my mind. Backtrack to the story Iā€™m now 22 and I feel like when I was younger It was lowkey easier to watch gore. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever quit watching it as I like seeing what goes on in the real world but I feel like my view has changed.. man Iā€™m high. Time to go watch some more videos.
Definitely easier. At least when it comes to human gore. Animal gore, no it really doesnā€™t

easier definitely. i remember the first gore video i saw was a cartel (or isis i dont remember) execution. i wasnā€™t even searching for it just accidentally found it. i was 14 and not ready to see something like that so it stuck with me for a while. but now i can watch way worse than a simple headshot without feeling much of anything at all.

Feels about the same as when I started. No emotional spikes, just interesting to watch.

I can watch pretty much everything, just don't particularly enjoy those with kids or animals. It's amusing to watch adults die though.

I also like reading the comments, you guys are fucked up. My kind of people.

Gabtera

Lurker
No it's not easy to watch these videos and I hope it stays this way. Otherwise I'll start making my own videos šŸ¤«

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
I've always been sorta indifferent to it. It is what it is. We all die in the end anyways, and it matters not a single iota how one leaves this world.

It's really kinda hard for me to explain this. But. Well. I'll try:

It's natural. 100% entirely natural. Just like the moon orbiting the earth, and the earth and all the anets orbiting the sun. Comets come and go, as do asteroids. The solar system, along with 400 billion other star systems, orbits a central black hole in our galaxy. There are a trillion other galaxies out there, perhaps some places with creatures. Most places without.

There are various particle of gases, and everything made up of atoms. There are also weird quantum physics I couldn't even begin to ud erstand, but a few people seem like they think they know what they're talking about.

My point is this:

A human body is really no different from a fragmented comet or asteroid. It is what it is. It just happens to be biological, as opposed to inert. A human body, no matter how "messy" us humans view it, is still only just made up of atoms and other particles. Of gases and liquids that exist. Nothing more. Nothing less. It just simply is what it is. It's a fact. Period.

Eventually, you'll just turn to dust anyway. And beyond and that, whatever dust particles that once made up your body, in 5 billion years from now, it'll all be consumed by the expanding sun anyway. And eventually beyond that, the sun will blow apart and leave behind a white dwarf, probably without any planets or anything. It's all entirely fleeting.

JaBlOoN

I'll blow ya brains out

I was introduced to gore when I was about 10 or 11. The first video I ever watched was the famous Mexican cartel chainsaw beheading. I canā€™t recall who showed me the video possibly an older brother of a friend. Anyways, I started really watching gore when I was about 15 with my friend and we would watch videos in our high school math class and show other kids and laugh at their reactions. This was at the time when bestgore was our go to site. Iā€™ve never been able to handle knife videos of people getting slashed or cut and definitely no animals but anything else I can usually handle. But over time I feel like Iā€™m starting to feel like these people Iā€™m watching getting murdered arenā€™t even people if that makes sense. Thereā€™s no way if I was to get my head chopped off Iā€™m ever being at rest. Itā€™s like when your best friend dies for instance, you expect them to go to heaven or be at peace. Thatā€™s what these people being murdered parents are expecting lol. It kinda blows my mind. Backtrack to the story Iā€™m now 22 and I feel like when I was younger It was lowkey easier to watch gore. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever quit watching it as I like seeing what goes on in the real world but I feel like my view has changed.. man Iā€™m high. Time to go watch some more videos.
Def easier!

DrY

Pure Scorpio šŸ„¼šŸ—½šŸ©»šŸŽŖāœ”ļøšŸ’‰šŸ¾
i ā¤ļø medical images, forensics, pathology, accidents and acts of Gd, and all the news of the weird that is sociologically off the beaten path.
I wonā€™t look at the cartelā€˜s inhumanity nor ISIS insane terrorism and avoid actual murdering.
i avoid posts and members studded with hate monikers.
No recent war.
No active violence.
No animals or kids.
Crime scene and autopsy scenes though ā˜ ļøšŸ„©šŸ˜ šŸ”„

Iā€™ve seen disease processes here that Iā€™ve never even heard of that are utterly disgusting šŸ¤©

Honest

Hey asshole, quit honkin on the pub floor
It's gotten boring for me, nothing shocks me anymore. I don't think there's anything I haven't
seen yet except for a guys face being degloved. I've seen the after but never the during.

mkuktra2013

I killed myself before my parents met

Itā€™s not easier or harder itā€™s just that ur reasons for watching have change whereas before u watched for getting kicks out of ur friends reactions now u just watch out of morbid curiosity like most of minus the negligible percentile who fetishizes it Iā€™d say Iā€™ve got nothing to worry about urbwarching things for dog reasons itā€™s natural to have diff perspective of the content Iā€™m a lot like u canā€™t watch animals or kids but game for anything else. At the end of the day who do I rlly have to justify why u watch something and how u feel about it fuck it

Personally I'd say it got harder. I started watching them around 11-12 and had the usual videos, chainsaw beheadings, extremist killings, bombings, mutilation and suicide etc. and thought the same, that they're in a sense not a real person because they're just on my screen in a weird way. I'm almost 20 now and sometimes videos that I used to watch are just so much harder to watch now. I feel in a way that I have more empathy? Maybe that's not the case, but for example, a cartel video. If I see someone being shot in the back of the head, it doesn't have much affect apart from 'poor guy, didn't see it coming' but when there's a killing and you can see the person trying to crawl away, or crying out for their mother or just any sense of help becuase they truly don't want to die, it's horrifying; makes me get offline for the day and go do other shit to distract myself.

All in all, I think it got harder for me myself, but that doesnt mean that other people or even you OP won't have the same feeling. Plenty of people, especially some friends of mine think it got easier, some still laugh at the real gore shit that's on here and other sites at the same stuff I can't even watch for a minute. It's all different from person to person, and if you think it's getting easier or something, take a break, come back in a week, a month or whatever makes you feel comfortable or just leave gore all together. Again, varies from person to person.

darksoleil

NewbieX
I agree that whilst I have become desensitized to gore my emotional reactions to certain videos have changed. One of the first gore videos I ever watched was two women being executed by the cartel, I'll never forget the sound of the axe hitting one of the women in the head, it was like the guy doing the swinging was just chopping some chunky ass wood for the fire.

spycosis

This user was banned
I am completely desensitized to gore and violence.
So much so that a couple of weeks ago I posted on facebook that it would be fun to execute my managers and the entire sales team where I work(ed) I thought I was being funny, after all I did put a smiley face at the end of my message.
Last week I was raided by the armed police and informed by my company that I was suspended indefinitely until my contract is brought to an end on March 31st, on which date I will be expelled from the country (I work as expat in a foreign nation) I am banned from the area of town where my company is situated and I am not allowed to contact any of the employees.

Yes I know it was a stupid thing to say but after you spend all weekend watching people on fire or being dismembered, saying shit like that doesn't seem so bad. And I'll regularly watch a cartel killing or an ISIS execution whilst eating my dinner. That would have been unthinkable 20 years ago.

Mcblob

Commander
Its now boring. I look for the accident not the aftermath. If I want to see aftermath I'd turn around and look at what I ate yesturdday.....

Back