Iwo Jima USMC battlefield photos (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Guipago

Forum Veteran
I have a few times at retirement homes when putting on military presentations that vets would get pissed off when I displayed my rising sun trophy flag, telling me to "burn that piece of shit".
Going to the ETO for a moment, I put on another display at a retirement home...down walks this 80 year old lady. She stops, stares at my Third Reich flag and salutes its and says loudly and proudly "Heil Hitler". I nearly shit myself because I thought the WWII vets were going to fucking riot. Apparently they were not too upset (but again theu hated my Jap stuff). I ended up talking to her after. She joined the Hitler Youth and praised Hitler because she was able to bring food home for her family after their meetings. If not for this leftover food her family would have starved she said.
Hitler did pull Germany out of a depression after the shit the allies pulled on Germany after ww1 with all the repatriations forced on them, it really made the German civilians suffer more than the should have.

Hitler did pull Germany out of a depression after the shit the allies pulled on Germany after ww1 with all the repatriations forced on them, it really made the German civilians suffer more than the should have.
Agreed. The Allies screwed the Germans after the war and lit the powder keg for WWII. I could go on for a while regarding the blame game. One of my theses was the use of propaganda in the war. Turns out before the Germans ever used mustard gas, the French actually launched the first round of chemical artillery on a German town.

Speaking of which the newest remake of "All Quiet on the Western Front" is out today.

ZeroK

SCIENCE AVENGER
Agreed. The Allies screwed the Germans after the war and lit the powder keg for WWII. I could go on for a while regarding the blame game. One of my theses was the use of propaganda in the war. Turns out before the Germans ever used mustard gas, the French actually launched the first round of chemical artillery on a German town.

Speaking of which the newest remake of "All Quiet on the Western Front" is out today.
Netflix?

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
These photos came from a Marine vet who fought and was wounded twice on Iwo Jima. He served with the 5th Engineer Battalion, 5th Marine Division. He was wounded March 4, 1945 and March 17, 1945. He brought home a few war trophies, one of them being a Jap good luck prayer book (seems it didn't bring its former owner any luck). Included is a piece of his HBT uniform worn on Iwo when he was wounded.

The photos are most interesting, especially the sayings he writes next to the photos. I like the "Dead Japs Are the Best Kind" next to the death photo. It really shows the love these soldiers had for the barbaric Japs.

View attachment 626944View attachment 626945View attachment 626946View attachment 626947View attachment 626948View attachment 626949View attachment 626950View attachment 626951View attachment 626952View attachment 626953View attachment 626954View attachment 626955
Wicked Post Bro! Thanks for the Share! All I 👁👁 was a Pile of "JAP CRAP"
Douse it with Gasoline and introduce it to Spark! 🤘🏻🤟🤙...SP

wiggins

Forum Veteran
Would love to see that. One question about the pics with the palm trees my friend. I don't recall palm trees or hardly any trees on Iwo. In fact there's a pic of Iwo where the photographer (Norman Hatch?) points out a solitary tree. U think ur pic might be from Tarawa or some other island? Much respect 24th!
Good point. I'd never thought of the 'nullarbor' aspects of Iwo Jima. ('Nullarbor Plain' is an area in WA at the very bottom of Aus that has no trees...)

It must have been like fighting on some exotic planet: sulphur stench, hot sand from active vulcanism, no Japs on the walk in, Surabachi ominiously standing over everything... and no trees.

I knew & talked to an Aussie ww2 vet & until his dying day, 96, he hated japs with a passion, you could see it in his eyes, he was at Tobruk when Rommel was saying 'hello' then went to New Guinea, he always said he'd have a beer with a German any day, but japs he'd rather stab, his stories were unbelievable, RIP Johnny Dixson.
It's hard to love a race who's soldier deliberately ate POW's on the Kokoda trail because their supply lines got long. Even the Russians never did that.

For many years the RSL banned Jap cars from their car parks.

Last edited:

Guipago

Forum Veteran
It's hard to love a race who's soldier deliberately ate POW's on the Kokoda trail because their supply lines got long. Even the Russians never did that.
I have no doubt that Russians & Germans under extreme hardship in the winter ate their dead, either that or die, no one would like to admit it, but.
That Nullabor is something else, road across on a Harley with 5 other mates in summer just to see one of them get a tattoo from one of the artists in Perth, nutjobs!

wiggins

Forum Veteran
I have no doubt that Russians & Germans under extreme hardship in the winter ate their dead, either that or die, no one would like to admit it, but.
That Nullabor is something else, road across on a Harley with 5 other mates in summer just to see one of them get a tattoo from one of the artists in Perth, nutjobs!
I've read that the Japs in PNG called the POW's 'toko's' and that their officers where quoted in messages saying words to the equivalent of 'ha ha, now they are eating toko!" as though it was some kind of a joke.

US B29 pilots shot down over Japan were sometimes eaten and often executed by locals. When starvation was not an issue. so it's more than a move out of desperation, it's a cultural Asian thing. Cambodian's and Vietnamese ate their enemies livers as a way of celebrating their deaths and gaining their enemies inner strength, the liver being the site of the soul in Asian culture, rather than the heart, as in ours.

Nullarbor: I rode as a passenger on a semi across it years ago. The sun came up, the sun went down, the sun came up repeat. Great drive and some fantastic views of the bite.

I'm planning to drive to Perth in June next year by car so will see it all again. Ceduna looks good too.

So, in other words, Japs are cunts. Read 'total cunts'. The nukes were not nearly enough. The place should still be glowing even today...

Last edited:
Back