Last Movie You Watched..

Cyphers

Fresh Meat
Thanks for the heads up> Watched this last night i liked it,8 out of 10. Can you rate the films out of 10 by any chance if you post any more? cheers
Certainly can do that. Probably closer to a 9/10 for me on 52 Pick-Up. Always enjoyed Scheider in every movie I have seen him in. So calm, cool, collected yet you had this feeling there was a volcano in him ready to erupt at any second. I liked the pacing of the movie. So many movies like that get to a point and drag. Not this one in my opinion. Add the perfect match of Glover and Williams III it really couldn't have failed.

Last movie...The Laughing Policeman 7/10 definitely shows Matthau wasn't just a comedian and had good range as an actor

TSS

Make Autism Great Again

This movie is about the story of Ted Bundy. I find this movie very cool, love the costum, settings and music. And the best part is in the end when you see him in real life and his interview.
9/10

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Eyes without a face. 1960. France
9/10
A black and white horror/drama. The daughter of a plastic surgeon is disfigured in a car crash and is locked away inside a house while her father brings new victims to try and transplant her face.
It's a slow film with very little 'horror' but more that enough things happen that are unsettling. This is mainly due to the camera angles and the script.

Strange circus. Japan. 2005.
6/10.
A principal of a school rapes his wife and daughter.
Fucken strange film, it was interesting to see how they handled the 'child sex' scenes and how it played out through the rest of the film. The running time was 1:45 mins, the plot got rather surreal in terms of what was 'reality' and what wasn't. At the 30min mark i had started to lose some interest, but continued untill the 1 hour mark, at that point i started hitting the FF button.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Shoplifters. 2018. Japan.
7/10.
A slow burn drama about a family that scrapes by on what money they can get and shoplifting.
It starts as a struggling family but gradually cracks start to appear. It's near the end that twists happen, although they are significant, it doesn't alter the quiet tone and steady progress of the film. A pleasure to watch.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Mr Turner. 2014. Dir. Mike Leigh.
8/10
Biopic of the artist J.M.W. Turner. Two and half hour run time for what is a quality film dealing with the last years of a well respected artist. I'd tried to sit and watch this film a couple of times but the slow pace of it made me lose interest. The film shows an isolated and grumpy man who is very successfull but distant from those around him.
One of the better biopics that iv seen.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Creepy. 2016. Japan.
10 outa fucken 10!!
I was looking at the movie 'Pulse' from 2001 (the original, not the remake.) and saw the director had done this film only a few years ago.
The run time is just over two hours, and i was very happy with what i got. The first hour slowly sets up the case and the main players. Hints are dropped and its in the second hour that things get 'creepy' really fucken creepy.
It doesn't wind up to a fast pace like a 'western' style crime thriller would but stays with a slow dread, that just increases.
Fans of asian horror/thriller shouldn't pass this up.
A masterclass. The subtitles i got with the download were not good. Getting another copy is advised.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
I am a hero. 2016. Japan.
8/10
This zombie comedy starts quietly and within the first 30 mins it cranks up the humour and gore. The effects have to be mentioned.
They are fucken great throughout.
With a 2 hour run time, it's a bit of a stretch. It slows when they meet fellow 'survivors' and the dynamics of the group are limited to just a few people. But it does a good job of making the characters believeable. The laughs were a bit more spaced out but the film as a whole was still interesting. The effects were stand out.
One cut of the dead is still a funnier zom-com.

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

This movie is about the story of Ted Bundy. I find this movie very cool, love the costum, settings and music. And the best part is in the end when you see him in real life and his interview.
9/10
I just watched this last night wasn't bad

Reactions: TSS

Smokinrav

Fucking asshole pot smoker
The hateful 8. Fantastic old west gorefest, classic Terrantino. Brains spilled. Worth a watch for any of you. Available on Netflix.
Then I watched John Wick 3. Quite fun, fight scenes from beginning to end. Several lol moments. Haven't seen the first two, but I will now. Blood and gore doesn't come close to Terrantino, despite 20x the killings.