Last Movie You Watched..

Humungus

Well Known Member
John Wick 3 10/10 Yes 10 it’s not movie magic but it is stupid action from the get go and it doesn’t seem to even slow down,it was exactly what I needed lots of fights with knives guns and good old martial arts motorbike chases and even a horse chase.Ian McShane looks like a pantomime dame as he camps it up.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Tigers are not afraid. 2019. Mexico.
10 outta fucking 10.
A modern day fairy tale with narcos.
The film is only 78 mins long but was a riveting from the start. It deals with a group of orphan boys and a slightly older girl. The 'leader' of their group steals a gun and cellphone from a narco, on it is a video he's filmed of a killing done by his boss. The visual effects in the film are used to represent ghosts and bad vibes (so to speak). The director was a woman who also wrote the script. It's a brutal movie which made it all the more interesting that she wrote it.

The only problem i had with the film was the copy i got was off a russian torrent site and had just one guy doing the dialouge for the entire film. It's worth viewing, but a clean copy is advisable.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Nineteen eighty four. 1984.
8/10
A unique vision of the 'future' based on the book by Orwell. I first saw this when i very young and it largely went over my head. Now iv seen the rise of the 'internet', concentration of wealth, 'social media' and it's influence for good and bad. The film portrays a resemble picture of the world but my view is more the way the 'entertainment' industry has developed with the massive control Disney has over everything now and the fact that it has influenced all other studios to follow its lead.
Still relevant in its political 'thought control' themes and constant barage of bleak news that everyone gets on their phones now, instead of standing in a big room along with the fact there is now little to no privacy.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Secret sunshine. 2007. South Korea.
Drama.
7/10
A widow moves to the town that her late husband is from. Her only son is murdered and she has to deal with grief that comes next.
Slow but interesting film from the director of Oasis, Mother and Burning. It revolves heavily around religion and the 'finding God' experience that could be linked to a tramatic event. It not a uplifting film even thou the other main actor is Kang-ho Song whose been in a few movies i seen recently and his performance is always sorta comedic but with overtones of seriousness.
Not one i'd watch again because it was a downer, but interesting.

Humungus

Well Known Member
The Dead Don’t Die Load of shit/10 Honestly if Bill Murray Tom Waits And Iggy POP can’t make a tongue in cheek zombie movie there’s no hope,well there’s no hope because this is pants,nothing happens for 30 minutes then Iggy who didn’t need much make up is with a zombie whore eating diner waitresses,all good then nothing happens for 30 minutes,then 2 of the lead characters start talking about how the movie ends ? One says I’ve read the script Bill Murray says but I’m friends with the director I’ve got a relationship I only got our scenes in the script ? It just misses the mark on every level was well disappointed.

Humungus

Well Known Member
C33E7FFA-7CB1-41CE-A39D-E176E32A716C.jpeg

Oh dear oh dear oh dear/10 can’t find one positive with this one I thought there maybe a laugh when a black Elvis impersonator turns up but no it’s pretty much shit all the way through.