Last Movie You Watched..

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
The devil's backbone. 2001
8/10
Guillermo del Toro co-wrote and directed the film. Slow for the first hour, but sets up the story nicely. The last 45 mins are when it all kicks off. The story is of a boys orphanage that is 'haunted' by a ghost in the last year of the spanish civil war. The effects are mainly limited to the appearances of the ghost. The plot deals mainly with the war and the survival of the boys and the adults.

Be happy⚕

Vacant, Composed
Watching "masque of the red death" at the moment
Honestly
This is one of the coolest movies I've ever seen.. only reason I've come here is to make the note lol, thought I knew the classics but clearly I was wrong

If anyone knows anything like
masque of the red death
Let me know!
It makes night of the demon look quite professional, cool af atmosphere
Somewhere between the count of Monte cristo, night of the demon and Conan as far as "vibes" go
Has this old school, sword and sorcery, freakshow, foggy castles by night, horror feel
Dig it
I dig it
I dig

Be happy⚕

Vacant, Composed
Watching "masque of the red death" at the moment
Honestly
This is one of the coolest movies I've ever seen.. only reason I've come here is to make the note lol, thought I knew the classics but clearly I was wrong

If anyone knows anything like
masque of the red death
Let me know!
It makes night of the demon look quite professional, cool af atmosphere
Somewhere between the count of Monte cristo, night of the demon and Conan as far as "vibes" go
Has this old school, sword and sorcery, freakshow, foggy castles by night, horror feel
Dig it
I dig it
I dig
Some of the interior set designs remind me of jodorowski's? the holy mountain aswell
Over saturated block colours which somehow still look like they're fading
It's just so shit that it's absolutely magical
This is cinematic alchemy
It's actually shite, yet they've turned it into gold

Be happy⚕

Vacant, Composed
masque_of_red_death_still.jpg

The-Masque-of-the-Red-Death.jpg

How cool is that ..
Makes me want to sit in a dark room, listening to electric wizard, smoking gratuitous amounts of dope, maybe tripping, maybe gouching.. binging movies like this and flicking through h.p Lovecraft stories...
All in big 70's purple block font with smoke machines

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
The Witch: Subversion. 2018. South Korea.
3/10.
A girl escapes from a 'secret facility', raised by a farming couple.
They eventually come looking for her, chaos ensues. The film had a warner bros logo at the start and had the added words to the title 'part 1' when it was first released.
It shows that it's going to be a series of films revolving around the main character, because its so fucking slow. With a two hour run time the violence kicks in at one hour thirty. The director of I saw the devil did this and although that and New World are good films, i won't be bothering with the rest, if any in this 'series'.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Knives out. 2019.
5/10
Interesting 'whodunnit' by Rian Johnson. It plays out kinda simply with the 'murderer' put up front at the beginning, but it becomes less clear as the film goes on. This works well but the use of an immense amount of flashbacks felt to me that it was spoon feeding the information to the viewer. South Korean crime dramas tend to have you follow the clues with the cop. The large monolouge at the end was only just interesting to me and didn't make me think WOW.
I simply yawned, got another beer, content that it was a competent film but completely lacking in any sort of tension.