Last Movie You Watched..

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Midnight runners. 2017. South Korea.
8/10
2 police officers in training witness a kidnapping and try to solve it.
A 'buddy cop' action comedy that focuses on two student cops. It stayed to what is the tried and true formula for a film like this, but with a running time of 118 mins it was pretty action packed. The main plot was the fact the young runaway girls were being abducted and plied with a drug that would increase the amount of eggs their body would produce so they could be harvested and sold on to infertile couples.
Failing that, organ harvesting.
It didn't have too many laughs after the half way point but still keep a lighthearted mood and made a somber point about the reality some people face.

tyyp

Rookie
Midsommar really sucks. Some parts of the movie made me laugh more than anything.
it is horror only for american peoples. who has not let their mind go so open far like european peoples has. we have even nude beaches in here you know.
There are many cults and witches out there who do their practises. very dangerous stuff..

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
it is horror only for american peoples. who has not let their mind go so open far like european peoples has. we have even nude beaches in here you know.
There are many cults and witches out there who do their practises. very dangerous stuff..
I saw it wouldn't have considered it a horror movie.

tyyp

Rookie
I saw it wouldn't have considered it a horror movie.
i agree, even parasite end was more horror. And that ending was reason why it beat the joker for better movie.
interesting how almost always every year many movies have similar plots and scenariums, like their secretly copy pasting each other in writing room.

Saharja

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Might not be horror as scary, but as unsettling. I hate when horror movies abuse fear effects , it doesn't work on me and bores me. I think when they focus too much on scaring people, it ruins the plot (I have never been into movies like Rec for these reasons). I def love Ari Aster's work

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Crazy racer. 2009. China.
6/10.
A cyclist gets caught up in a drug deal.
Not as simple as that, there are multiple stories going on and the characters slowly start to run into each other is funny ways.
A black comedy that has a few laugh out loud moments as it all slowly connects.
Very well written considering there is a large number in the cast and the stories at the beginning seem pretty isolated.

The mystery of Picasso.
10/10
A documentry style film from 1956 that shows Pablo Picasso creating his art. They film a screen as he draws on the other side with ink.
You get to see the process in a few minutes of the picture taking shape. From a simple line drawing it gets layered up, eventually with colour.
Near the end its more a stop motion style as he paints, then you can see how it gets more and more layered, sometimes going over whole parts.

Margin Call - Margin Call is a 2011 American drama film written and directed by J. C. Chandor in his feature directorial debut. The principal story takes place over a 24-hour period at a large Wall Street investment bank during the initial stages of the financial crisis of 2007–08.

Senior partners meeting clip -

full movie -

great flick, ruined somewhat by the sexual predator...

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Ashfall. 2019. South Korea.
10/10.
A bomb disposal team has to plant a warhead in a mine to ward off a volcanic explosion.
At its core its a disaster movie with alot of CGI. But being that it's made in South Korea it came loaded with a good story that had a equal amount of laughs, tension and drama. It wasn't a 'one-person-saves-all' type of garbage, instead there was large cast with numerous characters, two were central to the film but the twists were written well enough it didn't get boring.
It was over the top in general, using nuclear warheads to defuse a erupting volcano, but very entertaining.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Footnote. Israel. 2011.
4/10
A father gets an award meant for his son.
Interesting film about a father and son who are both professers, but the father has been looked over for any awards in his lifetime of research while his son is popular.
It's a slow film that doesn't really pick up, the academic side of things is the main thrust of and it does get tedious. The way it's 'resolved' is nice, with the son backing his father but thats about it.