Last Movie You Watched..

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
you have great reviews and picks @Jon E(vil) - which torrent sites do you use?...
Thanks!.
I check YIFY regularly, there are a wide range of films posted everyday. Pays to check most of them.
Two fims apps that i have on my fone are letterboxd and IMDB. I use those quite a bit.
Letterboxd has a great feature where users can create lists, there are lists for everything.
When i find a film i like i'll look up the director and writer to see what else they have done. On Twitter i follow alot of horror sites or people that post about film in general.
The 'Slash film daily' podcast is pretty good for film or tv news and what they'v been watching.
The Torrentz search engine is usefull for getting a lead on a specific film, but i learned that if it leads to the torrent site Monova, its probably gonna be overdubbed into Russian, mostly by one person. The Pirate Bay is still reliable, 1337x, RARBG, ETTV, that is loaded with pop-ups thou.

AriesKillJester

Mr. Majestic
Bloodshot- I never read the comics based on this film but I was surprised in a good way.
Of course, it has Vin Diesel, don't get me wrong, he's good in it but to me, it seems like
he plays the same type of character role. The action scenes were pretty good and the story
itself is what intrigued me in the first. The whole memory wiping and reinserting manipulated
memories was interesting. 8/10

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Castaway on the moon. 2013. South Korea.
7/10
Nice comedy drama about two people.
She's isolated in her room , he stranded on a island in the Bay, they start contact. Easy and friendly fun, maybe dragged a little in the middle, always nice which says there wont be a surprise ending.

Brutal. 2015. Japan.
9/10
Male and female serial killers meet.
Extreme violence, esp at the start with the man, the film is like Grotesque, shows and delights in its graphic violence. Just over an hour, worth it

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Joint security area. 2000. Park Chan Wook.
8/10
A incident on the Korean border is investigated, the main plot is the various accounts of what happened.
Good thriller. Sets the standard for his later film classics Oldboy & The Handmaiden. The timeline was clearly labeled but lost me a few in, not hard to follow. Great film with a small setting by great cast, director and script.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Raiders of the lost ark. 1981.
7/10
Entertaining treasure hunt film. Steven Spielberg in his classic best. Forgive the plot holes and enjoy the stunts/story.
His films was the Marvel of the day, but all different.
No Temple of Doom.
Yes Last Crusade.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
The Lodge. 2019.
6/10
A new stepmother goes off her meds at a snowy cabin.
Austrian duo who directed Goodnight Mommy create another alone in a house film with echos of The Shinning. The plot is more based on a decent into madness due to not having medication unlike their previous film which had plot of mental instabilty.
Tense and watchable i lasted 80mins before i reached for the FF button for the last 20mins.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Blood Quantum. 2019. Canada.
4/10
Zombie movie where the tribal locals are immune.
What is a interesting idea lead into alot of dialouge that had me reaching for the remote at 24mins. I never gave too much of a shit after that but to slow, rewind and watch any zombie attacks, scares or kills. The effects were great.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Drug War. 2012. Hong Kong.
8/10
A dealer tries to save his skin by working with the police.
The director, Johnnie To, has a long list of fims to his credit. The pace is slow and kinda grinding, but it builds the tension to quite a shoot-out at the end.
Reminded me a bit of the South Korean crime thriller, Believer.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Cold eyes. 2013. South Korea.
8/10
A police surveillance team try to take down a group of bank thieves.
Remake of a Hong Kong film from 2007.
Not seen the original, but this is a tight thriller with a large number of crims and cops, some are just there to make up the numbers but a good percentage of them are used which is better than just the average 'buddy cop bullshit.' It relies of just watching and putting elements together instead of blasting guns and fights scenes.