Last Movie You Watched..

mystery_man

˙˙˙ǝʌᴉƃ ᴉ sʞɔnɟ ssǝl ǝɥʇ 'ʇǝƃ ᴉ ɹǝplo ǝɥʇ
great movie. it gave me a similar feeling like the revenant did. i'd give it a 7.5/10...

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
The don is dead. 1973.
4/10.
B-grade The Godfather.
A mob boss starts and affair with a singer thats leads quickly to a 'war' between the famillies.
Entertainingly colourful mob film that came out a year after The Godfather. Clearly light on drama and story it makes up for it in violence. Some notable actors are in it but its just really something that is clearly cashing in what came before.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Jagdzeit. (Open season.) 2020. Switzerland.
3/10
A chief financial officer tries to save the company.
Dry and slow drama about a c.f.o in a car manufacturing company who get a new c.e.o. who wnats to change things.
The film was only 90 mins but it took nearly an hour for the main thrust of the film to become clear. I started to click thru it at the 50 minute mark. From there is got more dark as the main character tried to do things to save the company. It was a insight to the self serving corporate world humanity has created for itself and the ways it works and tolls it takes on people and families.
Trailer has no english subtitles.

kowalasoup

Dipshit
Heathers (1989)
so sad they re-did this movie and made it some shit tier musical.

as cliche as the movie was it was pretty sinister.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Inferno of torture. 1969. Japan.
7/10
Tattooed women sold to westerners and rival tattooists.
A odd plot that involves a woman who owes money being sold to become a tattooed geisha, along the way there is alot of exposed breasts, tattooing and some violent torture scenes. The director had quite a prolific output of films, this is only the second iv seen.
The first being Orgies of Edo, which was also pretty violent. It kinda lost me at about halfway point for a while but i got back into it.
It really didn't make much sense, but the back designs were really nice and the effects and sets very convincing.
No english subtitles.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Beanpole. 2019. Russia.
9/10
Two dykes and baby.
Amazing film about two women post WW2 living in Leningrad. It had a quiet, slow, torturous pace with long uncut scenes. The colour green was a big feature, but it was nicely balanced with other colours that would fill the screen. The acting was superb. The long shots and lengthy dialogue gave the actors time to react to what was said. There was no quick edits which only serves to move the film on.
The plot itself was kinda layered but disturbing in a couple of parts. The trailer gives the impression it moves fast, it doesn't, it's slow and deliberate and works. It was depressing but entirely satisfying.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
I haven't seen this one. But i have seen the original, twice, it's a Mexican film. Slow but very violent and creepy.
The trailer has most of the roles reversed and looks like a family out in woods governed by a strong father figure.
The original was a poor inner city family ruled by the mother with her two sons and one daughter.
Interested to know what you thought about this and have you seen the original?.
Definitely worth it.

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I haven't seen this one. But i have seen the original, twice, it's a Mexican film. Slow but very violent and creepy.
The trailer has most of the roles reversed and looks like a family out in woods governed by a strong father figure.
The original was a poor inner city family ruled by the mother with her two sons and one daughter.
Interested to know what you thought about this and have you seen the original?.
Definitely worth it.
I haven't seen the original but would like to. This one wasn't bad But felt like it needed more . but the original sounds better.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Brotherhood of the wolf. 2001. France.
7/10
Amoured beasts and secret societies.
Colourful action film set in late 1800's France. The locations, costumes and action scenes are really nice, created and well filmed. There is some of that 'slo-mo fight scene' stuff that pops up but it's not overly used and is effective. The plot itself moves at a steady pace with some the 'creature' only seen after the first hour. The run time is two and half hours. It gets dark in the last part of the film but that fits in well with the overall tone.

LjDes

Well Known Member
Slender Man and Insidious: The Last Key, - back to back -
I'll never do that again! Especially without a chick to hold, reassuring me that demons are FAKE !

LjDes

Well Known Member
Brotherhood of the wolf. 2001. France.
7/10
Amoured beasts and secret societies.
Colourful action film set in late 1800's France. The locations, costumes and action scenes are really nice, created and well filmed. There is some of that 'slo-mo fight scene' stuff that pops up but it's not overly used and is effective. The plot itself moves at a steady pace with some the 'creature' only seen after the first hour. The run time is two and half hours. It gets dark in the last part of the film but that fits in well with the overall tone.
Subtitles?

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Subtitles?
This a list of available subtitles for that film. HERE.

The name of the rose. 1986.
8/10
Murder in the Abby.
Starring Sean Connery and a young Christian Slater as monks were arrive at a different monastry for a theological debate.
It develops straight from the outset as a murder mystery. Connerys characters surname is "Baskerville".
The film is slow and set in 1327, it involves the inquisition who are certain of 'witchcraft'. The sets are impressive and the different range of grotesque looking monks works well.
It's a film iv seen before but always come back to every few years because of the storyline and slight but interresting twists.

Rabidface

Well Known Member
Just finished black Klansman. Nowt special. I watched the 5 bloods the other week. Are they by the same dude? Spike Lee or jonze?
I looked it up. Yes. I think he's over rated. 5 bloods was utter shite. Black Klansman was very forgettable. Kylo Ren was in it. I like him. Only with the mask on in force awakens.
I'm now on Ronin with Robert deniro. Not seen it in years. I watched Leon the other day and Jean Reno is in this too.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Pain and glory. Spain. 2019.
8/10
A aging director reflects on his life.
Antonio Banderas and Penélope Cruz star in a movie written and directed by Pedro Almodóvar.
The film tells the story of a film director who hasn't done much in his later years and it in constant pain. Reconnecting with a old actor friend for the re-release of a film they made 30 years ago, he slips into a heroin addiction and reflects on his childhood.
A bright and colourful drama that is slow and slightly funny in places.