Nitrogen hypoxia execution of Kenneth Eugene Smith this evening 25/01/2024 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dolly

Uppity cunt
A bit more detail here, seems he went in agony

Kenneth Eugene Smith writhed, convulsed and gasped for air for almost ten minutes before he died in a 'horror show' 22-minute execution using nitrogen hypoxia for the first time in history, witnesses to his death revealed today.

The 58-year-old convicted killer had a firefighters-style mask placed over his face as he was strapped to a gurney inside the execution chamber at the William C. Holman prison in Atmore, Alabama last night.

Experts had said he would be unconscious within seconds of inhaling the gas - but it took up to seven minutes for him to pass out and another 15 for him to be declared dead.

Lee Hedgepeth was one of five journalists to see Smith die and said: 'I've been to four previous executions and I've never seen a condemned inmate thrash in the way that Kenneth Smith reacted to the nitrogen gas. Kenny just began to gasp for air repeatedly and the execution took about 25 minutes total'.

Mr Hedgepeth was sat next to Smith's wife Deanna when the curtain pulled back to show Smith strapped to a gurney. His gasmask stretched from his forehead to his chin and was also tethered to the bed.

After the gas began to flow into his mask at 7.53pm, the inmate smiled, nodded toward his family and signed 'I love you'. Smith made a heart sign with his left hand to his wife Deanna before declaring: 'Tonight Alabama causes humanity to take a step backwards... I'm leaving with love, peace and light.'

But soon Smith was wrenching against the straps, gasping, panting loudly and also trying to hold his breath to try to avoid inhaling the nitrogen through a mask covering his entire face.

Mr Hedgepeth was sat next to Smith's wife Deanna was 'sobbing'. He claims that it was the 'most violent execution' he and others had ever witnessed. No doctor was present in the chamber but one arrived at the end to declare him dead at a 8.16pm - just over 22 minutes after the execution began. Before the medic came in one correction officer had to repeatedly peep into the mask to see his face and try to ascertain if he still looked alive.

Jizdrop1

Hope Mojo dies
I've watched vids of pigs having this done to them. They go out like a light and the reading i've done is it's like breathing air. He was probs unconsicious so didn't know what was going on. Either that or they mixed it with air for the lolz

Ward Cleaver

Resident Expert
"Nitrogen Execution...I'd Love To Open The Valve."

I would have loved to have danced a nice little jig in the execution chamber while those fellas were giving him a lethal dose of nitrogen to breath.

The bastard stabbed a woman to death...a preacher's wife...I couldn't care less if he suffered as he was dying...or how much he suffered.
I imagine that woman suffered as he was repeatedly stabbing her with a knife.

As the inhalation of nitrogen began having an effect on him...and his vision became blurrier and blurrier...it would have been very nice if the last thing he was seeing was Ward Cleaver dancing a nice little jig in the execution chamber...

A nice, happy, satisfying little jig.

Regards,
-Ward

angelo

Well Known Member
i wonder after so much time spent in the appeals process if the convicted feel they "might" cheat death.

as for him in agony.....im sure its just natural to fight the impending reality of your demise.

Reactions: Sev

Mr-Smokey

Forum Veteran
Apprently the mask was not tight so air was mixing in with the nitrogen should of let him have a cig during !!!!

Twiggychick

Ready to purge the planet?
"Alabama inmate Kenneth Eugene Smith is scheduled to be put to death with nitrogen gas – despite condemnation from the UN and human rights groups"

The UN and human rights groups. Right! What a joke.

Put him to death and send them the vid and include with it the cremation of his corpse.
ROLL TIDE!!!

hedgerow

simpelton
i simply can't understand all this concern shown to convicted baddies...return to public hangings, as they're simple and effective

McM

ARSELING
I read it these days too. Maybe they will release later what medically caused the problems. Always thought it's a safe and painless method, if done right.

But I find there's no need for experiments. Just refresh/enhance the good old Fallbeil a bit. (German Guillotine, where more of the important parts are made of steel than in the old French model).
Over 10,000 times proven in its last decades until. No issues and reclamations.
The last executioner and his men even got a raise in payments because of their good work.
Would be a dream job in my eyes. Alone, the stylish black clothes and hat. :Hurr:

Last edited:

AssLover

Rookie
There’s a PETA video on YouTube of nitrogen gas used in slaughterhouses processing pigs. I couldn’t finish it.

But then again I have more sympathy for an animal than a murderer…

RebelFX

Now, I am become death, the destroyer of worlds
Apparently there have been 2 last minute appeals to get a stay of execution. But fuck him, he murdered someone for money.

Im also curious to know how this experiment went, because it sure is an experiment, it sounds so awful though executing him with a gas mask and forcing him to breathe nitrogen. Surely hanging is quicker and more efficient.

Kenneth Smith seeks 11th-hour appeal to halt Alabama’s nitrogen execution: Updates
Guillotine is the supposedly the quickest, most painless (supposedly, who the fuck can really say?) and most guaranteed (non-botched) death according to

But it's actually a really poorly written article so who knows how true it is LOL but what can you REALLY expect from a website called "salon.com". Nitrogen inhalation is thought to induce euphoria even.. sounds TOO peaceful being euphoric, then whiting out to blacking out to passing out to death. My only hope was it was botched and he suffered to death somehow... but then again, a method of death being taken off as an option is a bad thing lol

GoreExorcist

Forum Veteran
Screenshot_20240127-005618_Google.jpg

BeKind

Rookie
I came to goregrish just to get peoples opinions, insight and knowledge about the subject. I’ve researched nitrogen, hypoxia, and even had a tank, is the hoses and everything ready to go the next time I felt like I could go through with it. I’m all good now and ended up selling my tank to somebody who does micro brewing. But the reason I chose that method, was because a doctor in Australia came up with it. For people who wanted it in their lives. Because within seconds of breathing, in pure nitrogen, you’re unconscious, and don’t experience
the hard part of death.

What people are playing this up in the media like it was some horrible way to die. And I’m guessing that’s because they ended up watching the jerks and dancing arms. That happen during suffocation. So my question is, do you think his lawyers and anti-death penalty people are lying, just not used to seeing a person die…. Or have many many self-seeking, analyzing people send misled by a a doctor with credentials???

Hellvis

Rookie
They just need to attach a mask to his face and then a tube running from the mask to my asshole a couple of cheese enchiladas and one burrito later he’s fucking dead.

lechmich

Forum Veteran
I came to goregrish just to get peoples opinions, insight and knowledge about the subject. I’ve researched nitrogen, hypoxia, and even had a tank, is the hoses and everything ready to go the next time I felt like I could go through with it. I’m all good now and ended up selling my tank to somebody who does micro brewing. But the reason I chose that method, was because a doctor in Australia came up with it. For people who wanted it in their lives. Because within seconds of breathing, in pure nitrogen, you’re unconscious, and don’t experience
the hard part of death.

What people are playing this up in the media like it was some horrible way to die. And I’m guessing that’s because they ended up watching the jerks and dancing arms. That happen during suffocation. So my question is, do you think his lawyers and anti-death penalty people are lying, just not used to seeing a person die…. Or have many many self-seeking, analyzing people send misled by a a doctor with credentials???

I'm pretty sure Phillip Nitschke employs Nembutal in order to overcome any starvation reflex

Back