Serious Plane came down in Brugge Belgium (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

McM

ARSELING
Shit,If that's all it takes is 4 the parachute to B Big Enuff? They should ALL Hv the Fucking Things!!!
SP
For military planes like big bombers, there were systems tested to separate the whole cockpit/crew section in case of an emergency and let it come down on multiple chutes. Rockwell tried this on the B1 bomber but had trouble.
In the end, ejection seats were cheaper and more reliable.

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
For military planes like big bombers, there were systems tested to separate the whole cockpit/crew section in case of an emergency and let it come down on multiple chutes. Rockwell tried this on the B1 bomber but had trouble.
In the end, ejection seats were cheaper and more reliable.
That's Very Cool! I never knew that!
Thanks for the Tidbit Bro! That's Awesome! 🤘🏼🤟🤙...SP

Reactions: McM

McM

ARSELING
me also - wtf happened to landing roughly in a field or on a motorway? - at least you arent facing the ground head on...

Yes, I was wondering too. Most of these light sport planes like in the video can do an emergency landing without a running motor. Some even can sail (without gaining height again). But you have to master that procedure; pushing the red parachute button is easier I guess.
Exactly the same model as above went down here in the area three days ago on a field because of empty fuel. Clean landing, no one was hurt.

Guipago

Forum Veteran
Cool, you can stay inside. Jumping out of an unstable plane isn't easy and safe.
A parachute works only for very light planes, I think.
Fitting a parachute to existing aircraft is super expensive & the a/craft needs to be re-certified, more expense, that a/craft most likely was designed to house a parachute from new, just finding an anchor point that won't rip the plane in two when opening is a trick in itself, a stronger air frame means more weight, which kills performance & how much you can carry, shit load of other problems also, but, could save your life.
Yes, I was wondering too. Most of these light sport planes like in the video can do an emergency landing without a running motor. Some even can sail (without gaining height again). But you have to master that procedure; pushing the red parachute button is easier I guess.
Exactly the same model as above went down here in the area three days ago on a field because of empty fuel. Clean landing, no one was hurt.
If your over a city your shit outta luck with finding an open space, even landing on a field or motorway, you have to always think do you have enough space to get down without hitting anything, which would stuff your day.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: McM

McM

ARSELING
If your over a city your shit outta luck with finding an open space..
Because of that, we have regulations about a minimum height to fly above cities for the small private planes. The higher, the better the chance to reach an open space by gliding, for example. But there are a ton of exceptions (like the planes with rescue parachutes), restricted zones, and other shit. You have to check everything in the pre-flight procedure.

Back