Serious Unresponsive Jet Crashes In VA After Flies Over DC ~ No Survivors (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
Ok, thanks for explaining. No one would get that it was tongue and cheek though, or who it was aimed at, without the explanation.
More often times than not comments about being happy because of a death is a factious remark. Gore people like us are judged harshly irl because people assume we enjoy it. We don't, not really. Some do sure, but the majority are realistic about death, the many ways it can happen, and how fragile the human body and mind really are. Most people can't get to that place, there's death and a funeral. They leave out the in-between part, the how's and why's, and we don't.
Forgot where I was going with this... I do that a lot. LOL

View attachment 686415
That's the thing. I can't really speak on the motivations of others. Perhaps you're like me. I'm here mostly out of curiosity, and desensitizing towards inevitable death.

I'm sure you've heard of Kaitlyn Doughty. Of "Ask a Mortician" YouTube fame, and now published author. And yes, a bleeding heart liberal.

Well, I'm of the same variety as her. She's a part of a group called "The Order of the Good Death," which is a "death positivity" group. Basically, her goal is to make death less scary and more educational.

----------------

As for your meme, lol! Not sure if it's supposed to be directed at taxation in a sarcastic manner, or at those like me who say that certain politicians are bought to lie about the impact of human activity. But I'll address both as briefly as possible:

Taxation: it can allow the government to invest more in nation-building. Building better roads, bridges, and research into new technologies; such as with NASA and JPL. It can also be used to help private industry to research and develop new tech I guess as well, such as with SpaceX and Boeing.

Paying off politicians to lie: Convincing huge numbers of Americans that humans cannot affect the climate, or that human activity is exagerrated.

If you already know that burning gasoline or oil will release CO2; and that you know that CO2 is an atmospheric gas (along with a lot of other gases); and if you know that having a thick atmosphere traps and holds heat (as demonstrated by other planets, and just plain old physics; a heavy blacket holds and distributes your body heat better than a thin sheet, and heated water is great at distributing heat as another example), then it stands to reason that pumping billions of barrels of oil a day out of the ground, refining it into various products like gasoline, and burning millions of barrels of gasoline every single day in every single town and major city in the world IS going to have a much greater impact than if humans didn't exist at all. None of that CO2 would be released otherwise.

Why is it called a "sonic" boom instead of just a "boom"?
Because fire crackers go "boom." "Sonic" is a term that denotes sound. "Sonar" (bats, whales, dolphins, and ships) is a sounding technique. "Sonic boom" describes that a manmade object just broke the sound barrier. "Boom" can mean anything.

Venture _Capitalist

situational awareness instructor
note: the AC Airshow is aug 16, 2023
https://airshow.acchamber.com/
if you go, pay attention to the "sneak pass." while you're watching the f-16's over the ocean, one aircraft will come in behind you on full afterburner. these pics were taken a few years ago, enjoy

Copy (1) of IMG_0027-1.JPG
IMG_0086-1.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0098.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0038-1.jpg
IMG_0076-2.jpg
IMG_0078-1.jpg
IMG_0186.jpg
Copy (1) of IMG_0053-2.jpg
IMG_0198-1.JPG

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
Because fire crackers go "boom." "Sonic" is a term that denotes sound. "Sonar" (bats, whales, dolphins, and ships) is a sounding technique. "Sonic boom" describes that a manmade object just broke the sound barrier. "Boom" can mean anything.
It's redundant. It's like that stupid "Sonic Hearing" device.

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
note: the AC Airshow is aug 16, 2023
https://airshow.acchamber.com/
if you go, pay attention to the "sneak pass." while you're watching the f-16's over the ocean, one aircraft will come in behind you on full afterburner. these pics were taken a few years ago, enjoy

View attachment 686501View attachment 686502View attachment 686503View attachment 686504View attachment 686505View attachment 686506View attachment 686507View attachment 686508View attachment 686509View attachment 686510View attachment 686511
August. I think I said September. Yeah. August in AC.

I think because I went to OC, MD in September last year, and was thinking September for the airshow in AC.

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
I know it's pedantic of me but the sonic boom can be caused naturally, anything going faster than sound will make a sonic boom.

Low flying meteorites are an example...
Essentially all booms are sonic regardless of how they are made. If it can be heard, it's sonic. Are you trying to out pedantic me?

wiggins

Forum Veteran
Essentially all booms are sonic regardless of how they are made. If it can be heard, it's sonic. Are you trying to out pedantic me?
Yes. All booms are sonic.

When I push my wall down it goes Boom! when it hits the ground.

It's not 'super-sonic' though as it does not got faster than 750 mph at ground level.

It is the going faster bit that makes the 'super' part of the 'sonic' phrase... which gives you the CRACK! sound.

Yes. We are the pedant brothers...

Dr. Johnny Fever

aka Bill Murray
Qxir produced a video on the Stewart crash

To pimp him a bit check out Qxir's channel, he has some good content. Short video (all under 10 minutes), usually quite dark and funny.

Back