Serious Unresponsive Jet Crashes In VA After Flies Over DC ~ No Survivors (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
No Survivors ~ Unresponsive Jet Crashes After Flies Over DC

Virginia, USA
June 5, 2023

A wayward and unresponsive business plane that flew over the nation’s capital Sunday afternoon caused the military to scramble a fighter jet before the plane crashed in Virginia, officials said. The fighter jet caused a loud sonic boom that was heard across the capital region.

Hours later, police said rescuers had reached the site of the plane crash in a rural part of the Shenandoah Valley and that no survivors were found.

The Federal Aviation Administration says the Cessna Citation took off from Elizabethtown, Tennessee, on Sunday and was headed for Long Island’s MacArthur Airport. Inexplicably, the plane turned around over New York’s Long Island and flew a straight path down over D.C. before it crashed over mountainous terrain near Montebello, Virginia, around 3:30 p.m.

It was not immediately clear why the plane was nonresponsive, why it crashed or how many people were on board. The plane flew directly over the nation’s capital, though it was technically flying above some of the most heavily restricted airspace in the nation.

A U.S. official confirmed to The Associated Press that the military jet had scrambled to respond to the small plane, which wasn’t responding to radio transmissions and later crashed. The official was not authorized to publicly discuss details of the military operation and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Flight tracking sites showed the jet suffered a rapid spiraling descent, dropping at one point at a rate of more than 30,000 feet per minute before crashing in the St. Mary’s Wilderness.

The North American Aerospace Defense Command later said in a statement that the F-16 was authorized to travel at supersonic speeds, which caused a sonic boom that was heard in Washington and parts of Virginia and Maryland.

The plane that crashed was registered to Encore Motors of Melbourne Inc, which is based in Florida. John Rumpel, who runs the company, told The New York Times that his daughter, 2-year-old granddaughter, her nanny and the pilot were aboard the plane. They were returning to their home in East Hampton, on Long Island, after visiting his house in North Carolina, he said.

Rumpel, a pilot, told the newspaper he didn’t have much information from authorities but hoped his family didn’t suffer and suggested the plane could’ve lost pressurization.

“I don’t think they’ve found the wreckage yet,” Rumpel told the newspaper. “It descended at 20,000 feet a minute, and nobody could survive a crash from that speed.”

Source

1. Cessna Citation similar to jet that crashed
Stephen-Bradley-Mell-7-1024x768.jpg

pappa stupid

Forum Veteran
No Survivors ~ Unresponsive Jet Crashes After Flies Over DC

Virginia, USA
June 5, 2023

A wayward and unresponsive business plane that flew over the nation’s capital Sunday afternoon caused the military to scramble a fighter jet before the plane crashed in Virginia, officials said. The fighter jet caused a loud sonic boom that was heard across the capital region.

Hours later, police said rescuers had reached the site of the plane crash in a rural part of the Shenandoah Valley and that no survivors were found.

The Federal Aviation Administration says the Cessna Citation took off from Elizabethtown, Tennessee, on Sunday and was headed for Long Island’s MacArthur Airport. Inexplicably, the plane turned around over New York’s Long Island and flew a straight path down over D.C. before it crashed over mountainous terrain near Montebello, Virginia, around 3:30 p.m.

It was not immediately clear why the plane was nonresponsive, why it crashed or how many people were on board. The plane flew directly over the nation’s capital, though it was technically flying above some of the most heavily restricted airspace in the nation.

A U.S. official confirmed to The Associated Press that the military jet had scrambled to respond to the small plane, which wasn’t responding to radio transmissions and later crashed. The official was not authorized to publicly discuss details of the military operation and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Flight tracking sites showed the jet suffered a rapid spiraling descent, dropping at one point at a rate of more than 30,000 feet per minute before crashing in the St. Mary’s Wilderness.

The North American Aerospace Defense Command later said in a statement that the F-16 was authorized to travel at supersonic speeds, which caused a sonic boom that was heard in Washington and parts of Virginia and Maryland.

The plane that crashed was registered to Encore Motors of Melbourne Inc, which is based in Florida. John Rumpel, who runs the company, told The New York Times that his daughter, 2-year-old granddaughter, her nanny and the pilot were aboard the plane. They were returning to their home in East Hampton, on Long Island, after visiting his house in North Carolina, he said.

Rumpel, a pilot, told the newspaper he didn’t have much information from authorities but hoped his family didn’t suffer and suggested the plane could’ve lost pressurization.

“I don’t think they’ve found the wreckage yet,” Rumpel told the newspaper. “It descended at 20,000 feet a minute, and nobody could survive a crash from that speed.”

Source

1. Cessna Citation similar to jet that crashed
View attachment 685911
heard of this before, like the Murricane said Payne Stewart and I heard of others losing cabin pressure !

deviant2

hell is other people
People were on it, I bet that sonic boom was hella loud and scary.

People talking on Radio reference.com as it was happening...

Others on a Twitter thread in real time trying to figure out what was happening...

Below, shows the flight path. The sharp Uturn is odd considering the pilot was reported as unresponsive by the pilots in the fighter jets who flew close enough to visually see inside the plane...

Last edited:

deviant2

hell is other people
Hmmmm...

The Mom sat on the executive committee for the NRA and has been on the Women's Leadership Counsel also for the NRA since 2002. Dad is a mogul in real estate, and they have close ties to the conservative party.

Boasting deep ties to the Florida area, the Rumpels are large-scale donors to several conservative political candidates, including former President Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis, having given a combined $250,000 to a PAC supporting Trump's 2020 bid, and several thousand toward DeSantis' successful Gubernatorial run as well.

They've also donated thousands more to figures such as Senate candidate Herschel Walker and Congressional candidate Laura Loomer, and federal hopefuls such as Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, and Trump back in 2016.

Last edited:

deviant2

hell is other people
As a kid in the '60s, I've heard this quite a lot; sometimes I thought the large (thin) windows in the house front/balcony were falling apart.
Our air force had the fast US 'Starfighter' and they still trained the pilots in the airspace over Germany. But this practice was abandoned years ago.
It's a deep sound, like you hear it but you feel it in your bones. I haven't heard one in several years now. One I remember as a kid myself was so loud the entire house was shaking, even the dishes and glasses in the cabinets, the floor, nicknacks, pictures on the walls.They must have been not far off the coast cause that's kinda where the sound rolled in from and then BOOM. The space shuttle split the air one time as it came across FL heading for Texas or California (can't remember) and that was loud too.

EDIT: had to fix my writing errors, they were making my eye twitch.

Last edited:

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Other than lack of oxygen are there other causes of hypoxia?
I think some heart or lung conditions can cause it.

-------------------------------------------------

Latest:

June 5, 2023,

The pilot of a business jet that flew over Washington and crashed in a remote part of Virginia appeared to be slumped over and unresponsive, three U.S. officials said Monday, recounting observations by fighter pilots who intercepted the wayward flight.

The revelations came as federal investigators trudged through rugged terrain to reach the site where the plane slammed into a mountain Sunday, killing four people. The officials who said that the fighter pilots saw the civilian pilot slumped over had been briefed on the matter and spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss details of the military operation.

The plane’s owner told news outlets that his daughter and 2-year-old granddaughter were aboard.

The New York-bound plane took an erratic flight path — inexplicably, turning around over Long Island to fly directly over the nation’s capital — which prompted the military to scramble fighter jets. This caused a sonic boom heard in Washington, Maryland and Virginia.

Remote terrain around the crash site posed major challenges to the investigation. It took investigators several hours to hike into the rural area near the community of Montebello, about 60 miles (97 kilometers) southwest of Charlottesville, said NTSB spokesperson Eric Weiss. They expect to be on the scene for at least three to four days.

Air Traffic Control audio from the half-hour before the plane crashed captures voices that identify themselves as military pilots trying to communicate with the pilot of the private plane, according to recordings on LiveATC.net.

“If you hear this transmission, contact us,” said one pilot who identifies herself as being with the Air National Guard.

Several minutes later, a military pilot says: “You have been intercepted. Contact me.”

The Virginia State Police issued a statement saying that because of the severity of the crash, human remains will be transported to the state medical examiner’s office for autopsy and identification. The Federal Aviation Administration said that the victims included the pilot and three passengers but didn’t release their names. There were no survivors.

Investigators will look at when the pilot became unresponsive and why aircraft flew the path that it did, Gerhardt said. They will consider several factors that are routinely examined in such probes including the plane, its engines, weather conditions, pilot qualifications and maintenance records, he said. A preliminary report will be released in 10 days.

Source

These jets aren't required to have a flight recorder (probably wouldn't have survived anyways) and the wreckage is reportedly in very small pieces...going to be a hard one for the investigators.

Last edited:

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
It's a deep sound, like you hear it but you feel it in your bones. I haven't heard one in several years now. One I remember as a kid myself was so loud the entire house was shaking, even the dishes and glasses in the cabinets, the floor, nicknacks, pictures on the walls.They must have been not far off the coast cause that's kinda where the sound rolled in from and then BOOM. The space shuttle split the air one time as it came across FL heading for Texas or California (can't remember) and that was loud too.

EDIT: had to fix my writing errors, they were making my eye twitch.
If you go to the airshow in AC in September, they'll do it a couple of times near the beach. It's fucking awesome when you see the ocean water practically split like Moses.

At the very least, a victory for climate change activists...
Sucks that a 2 year old was a board, but other than that, a definite win for humanity.

deviant2

hell is other people
If you go to the airshow in AC in September, they'll do it a couple of times near the beach. It's fucking awesome when you see the ocean water practically split like Moses.

Sucks that a 2 year old was a board, but other than that, a definite win for humanity.
AC?
I've been to a few airshows but none over the water. I would enjoy seeing that very much. Lucky you.

Win for climate change? There is no climate change, at least not in the sense being pushed by the bullshitters occupying DC right now. Climate has always changed of it's own accord. There used to be 10's of thousands of head of cattle, horses, buffalo, bison, elk, moose, etc that roamed this country as well as others and their farts never hurt a thing.
Why is this incident a good thing in your opinion? Was the Mom of the children a climate thumper or something?
Cause, her parents are very much conservatives and 2nd amendment supporters. Donators to many of the top runners of the party past and present.

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
AC?
I've been to a few airshows but none over the water. I would enjoy seeing that very much. Lucky you.

Win for climate change? There is no climate change, at least not in the sense being pushed by the bullshitters occupying DC right now. Climate has always changed of it's own accord. There used to be 10's of thousands head of cattle, horses, buffalo, bison, elk, moose, etc that roamed this country as well as others and their farts never hurt a thing.
Win is this incident a good thing in your opinion? Was the Mom of the children a climate thumper or something?
Cause, her parents are very much conservatives and 2nd amendment supporters. Donators to many of the top runners of the party past and present.
Definitely go to check out that airshow. It's fucking awesome. They'll have Blue Angels there doing their thing, and they usually have paratroopers dropping in formation. One of them blew off course, and almost landed on our tent we had set up. Lol.

As for climate change, no. It's very simple physics. Of course this planter's climate has changed, and nobody has ever disputed that. In fact, it's the gasses and their various proportions in the atmosphere that has always been the main driver of climate change throughout all of the planter's history. The first big extinction event was because all of the carbon-breathing plants spewed out oxygen as a waste product, and wound up killing themselves. This took millions of years, of course.

The difference between then and now, is that we are producing a fuck load of carbon dioxide more than any gas has ever accumulated in the atmosphere ever before.

And yes. A thicker atmosphere DOES mean a warmer planet. Just look at Mars. Sure, it's further out from the sun than the Earth. But it's far, far colder than the Earth than it's distance would suggest if it had a similar atmosphere to earth.

Look at Mercury. Burning hot facing the sun, icy cold on the night side. Look at Venus. Burning hot all the way around, regardless of which side is night and which is day.

This is basic chemistry and physics.

deviant2

hell is other people
Definitely go to check out that airshow. It's fucking awesome. They'll have Blue Angels there doing their thing, and they usually have paratroopers dropping in formation. One of them blew off course, and almost landed on our tent we had set up. Lol.

This is basic chemistry and physics.
I've seen the Blue Angels several times, one of their tour stops is not far away from me. They are a sight to see, for sure.

I understand the ebbs and flows of climate. What I was asking about is this exchange...
At the very least, a victory for climate change activists...

A victory for climate change activists.
A definite win for humanity.

Please explain, thanks.

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
I've seen the Blue Angels several times, one of their tour stops is not far away from me. They are a sight to see, for sure.

I understand the ebbs and flows of climate. What I was asking about is this exchange...

A victory for climate change activists.
A definite win for humanity.

Please explain, thanks.
Yeah, tongue-in-cheek. I personally don't celebrate the deaths of anyone. Not even the Russian ork soldiers in Ukraine. It's more of a matter of doing so on here as a show to demonstrate to our more racist Goregrish members that go on about how awesome it is that black people die in horrible ways and what not. Just. Kinda turning the tables, if you will. But that is neither here nor there atm.

The meat of my point:

The NRA.

The sooner groups like the NRA stop buying off politicians who lie about the second amendment (I could easily launch into an entire dissertation about the wording of the 2A. And it's NOT what conservative liars say it is. I will later on in this discussion if it's warranted.)

Same thing with the "victory for climate change activists." The sooner our politicians and their puppet masters stop lying about the impact human development has on the climate, the better off this planet will be. And also to stop with the strawman arguments about the time frame of how long is too long, and how much is too much. I could go on in even greater detail about that previous sentence as well. Simply put:

Climate scientists are sending out urgent messages. And conservatives tend to over-exagerrate the time time frame they're claiming this will occur. It's not something that occurs overnight, and nobody ever claims it does. The problem is that it IS occurring TOO quickly. More like on the time scale of decades, rather than thousands or hundreds of thousands of years like is natural. But it's not occurring next year. Anyone born in the 20th century can see the difference between the 1990s and the 2020s for themselves. And there will be more noticeable changes 30 years from now in the 2050s. So bringing a snowball onto the Senate chamber floor as a ridiculous stunt to show that it snowed and is cold in DC on one winter night is a strawman argument that a right wing politician has done.

Basically, there's no filter. It's always either all or nothing. And it's always confused by purposeful liars trying to use clever language and tricks.

deviant2

hell is other people
Yeah, tongue-in-cheek. I personally don't celebrate the deaths of anyone. Not even the Russian ork soldiers in Ukraine. It's more of a matter of doing so on here as a show to demonstrate to our more racist Goregrish members that go on about how awesome it is that black people die in horrible ways and what not. Just. Kinda turning the tables, if you will. But that is neither here nor there atm.

The meat of my point:

The NRA.

The sooner groups like the NRA stop buying off politicians who lie about the second amendment (I could easily launch into an entire dissertation about the wording of the 2A. And it's NOT what conservative liars say it is. I will later on in this discussion if it's warranted.)

Same thing with the "victory for climate change activists." The sooner our politicians and their puppet masters stop lying about the impact human development has on the climate, the better off this planet will be. And also to stop with the strawman arguments about the time frame of how long is too long, and how much is too much. I could go on in even greater detail about that previous sentence as well. Simply put:

Climate scientists are sending out urgent messages. And conservatives tend to over-exagerrate the time time frame they're claiming this will occur. It's not something that occurs overnight, and nobody ever claims it does. The problem is that it IS occurring TOO quickly. More like on the time scale of decades, rather than thousands or hundreds of thousands of years like is natural. But it's not occurring next year. Anyone born in the 20th century can see the difference between the 1990s and the 2020s for themselves. And there will be more noticeable changes 30 years from now in the 2050s. So bringing a snowball onto the Senate chamber floor as a ridiculous stunt to show that it snowed and is cold in DC on one winter night is a strawman argument that a right wing politician has done.

Basically, there's no filter. It's always either all or nothing. And it's always confused by purposeful liars trying to use clever language and tricks.
Ok, thanks for explaining. No one would get that it was tongue and cheek though, or who it was aimed at, without the explanation.
More often times than not comments about being happy because of a death is a factious remark. Gore people like us are judged harshly irl because people assume we enjoy it. We don't, not really. Some do sure, but the majority are realistic about death, the many ways it can happen, and how fragile the human body and mind really are. Most people can't get to that place, there's death and a funeral. They leave out the in-between part, the how's and why's, and we don't.
Forgot where I was going with this... I do that a lot. LOL

20230404_211858.jpg

Last edited:
Back