Putin’s ‘toxic masculinity’ to blame for Ukraine war, Boris Johnson says (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

LjDes

Deviant
I have no sympathy for dead Ukrainians, that is what you get for electing a slav comedian who's suddenly a multi millionaire. No one on this website, with the exception of a dead kid maybe, deserves any pity.
I like to think that there is more empathy here than meets the eye. Laughing and condoning atrocious activities and behavior is more or less a coping mechanism to mask their genuine curiosities or whatever it is they're here for. It's an amazing site when you think of it. The only thing limiting the crazy content is the individuals conscience pretty much, oh and the rules of course.
I feel for both the Russians and Ukrainians, and still can't get my head around how this sort of thing can actually happen in stage of evolution.

WhatIsLife64

This user was banned
I've never before seen a vid where Putin laughed, so all this time I thought he never smiled. You learn something each day.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
I like to think that there is more empathy here than meets the eye. Laughing and condoning atrocious activities and behavior is more or less a coping mechanism to mask their genuine curiosities or whatever it is they're here for. It's an amazing site when you think of it. The only thing limiting the crazy content is the individuals conscience pretty much, oh and the rules of course.
I feel for both the Russians and Ukrainians, and still can't get my head around how this sort of thing can actually happen in stage of evolution.
I don't have any empathy for people who don't concern me. They basically don't exist. It stands to reason this website was created by a sociopath though.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
I take your point but re evolution I need to enlighten you to the following facts:

• Homo sapien sapiens have been around for 200 000 years, give or take.
  • Up until 10 000 years ago all were hunter gatherers.
  • it took another 5000 years for the first city to be in existence (Suma)
  • Writing was invented less than 3000 years ago.
  • until the industrial revolution, about 250 years ago, we were civilised if we were living an agrarian life style.
  • The first time we moved on land without walking or riding was by steam train in 1800 or so.
  • The first machine gun was invented in time for the Civil War, along with rail transport and tinned food so you could get large armies to mow down.
  • WW1 saw the end result of this.
  • First nuclear bomb dropped in anger in 1945.
  • Cold War with the threat of nuclear destruction from then to 1988.
So in terms of the current crisis it's really nothing other than a spat. it's how humans do business...

We are the same animal as we were back 200 000 years. same brain size, same height etc etc.

We have not evolved since then really.

LjDes

Deviant
I take your point but re evolution I need to enlighten you to the following facts:

• Homo sapien sapiens have been around for 200 000 years, give or take.
  • Up until 10 000 years ago all were hunter gatherers.
  • it took another 5000 years for the first city to be in existence (Suma)
  • Writing was invented less than 3000 years ago.
  • until the industrial revolution, about 250 years ago, we were civilised if we were living an agrarian life style.
  • The first time we moved on land without walking or riding was by steam train in 1800 or so.
  • The first machine gun was invented in time for the Civil War, along with rail transport and tinned food so you could get large armies to mow down.
  • WW1 saw the end result of this.
  • First nuclear bomb dropped in anger in 1945.
  • Cold War with the threat of nuclear destruction from then to 1988.
So in terms of the current crisis it's really nothing other than a spat. it's how humans do business...

We are the same animal as we were back 200 000 years. same brain size, same height etc etc.

We have not evolved since then really.
Thanks @wiggins.
I get it lol But why is it that we don't learn from history, our mistakes in particular. You would think that by this time our learning potential would have developed to the point where we understand that living in harmony is more beneficial. Is it greed do you think?

wiggins

Forum Veteran
Thanks @wiggins.
I get it lol But why is it that we don't learn from history, our mistakes in particular. You would think that by this time our learning potential would have developed to the point where we understand that living in harmony is more beneficial. Is it greed do you think?
Hi LJDes,
thanks for your civil reply, so much more intelligent than a 'retard' emoji...

everyone needs to reinvent the wheel.

In the civil war men did mass attacks on fortifications set up with artillery, massed rifle fire and machine guns and the death toll was horrendous.
WW1, coming only 50 years later, saw the Germans, French and British repeat the same mistakes against far better fortifications equiped with better and more numerous machine guns, massive artillery fire etc with devastating results.

Britain had the ship convoy system all sorted in WW1 and immediately introduced it in ww2. when the US entered the war the U boats had their second 'happy time' when not only were there no convoys set up in the US but no black outs too thus ships clearly silhouetted against the whole west coast.

So learning from history is not something we do well.

I think it's more to do with the hard wiring of the human brain. We are basically apes who have acquired a large brain which allows the use of complex cooperation and the shaping of our environment in ways inconceivable to other apes.

Chimps for example, are highly territorial, as are we. chimps will fight other chimps to get them out of their territory. We do the same thing only with weapons.

Humans have a violent streak that we celebrate every day. look at boxing, martial arts, football etc.

We have a competitive drive that is part of our DNA.

And at one end of the spectrum are those who will do anything to win. There has never been problems recruiting to the military.

So to sum up, war is a normal part of the human condition. It's not good but it just is...

LjDes

Deviant
Hi LJDes,
thanks for your civil reply, so much more intelligent than a 'retard' emoji...

everyone needs to reinvent the wheel.

In the civil war men did mass attacks on fortifications set up with artillery, massed rifle fire and machine guns and the death toll was horrendous.
WW1, coming only 50 years later, saw the Germans, French and British repeat the same mistakes against far better fortifications equiped with better and more numerous machine guns, massive artillery fire etc with devastating results.

Britain had the ship convoy system all sorted in WW1 and immediately introduced it in ww2. when the US entered the war the U boats had their second 'happy time' when not only were there no convoys set up in the US but no black outs too thus ships clearly silhouetted against the whole west coast.

So learning from history is not something we do well.

I think it's more to do with the hard wiring of the human brain. We are basically apes who have acquired a large brain which allows the use of complex cooperation and the shaping of our environment in ways inconceivable to other apes.

Chimps for example, are highly territorial, as are we. chimps will fight other chimps to get them out of their territory. We do the same thing only with weapons.

Humans have a violent streak that we celebrate every day. look at boxing, martial arts, football etc.

We have a competitive drive that is part of our DNA.

And at one end of the spectrum are those who will do anything to win. There has never been problems recruiting to the military.

So to sum up, war is a normal part of the human condition. It's not good but it just is...
Well said and very enlightening @wiggins.
Sounds kinda bleak for our future doesn't it.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
Well said and very enlightening @wiggins.
Sounds kinda bleak for our future doesn't it.
There is the other side to our species as well.

We are hard wired also to be compasionate, to be artistic, to nurture, to love etc.

In war the higher arts are also in evidence. Men lay down their lives for their mates, no greater love hath no man etc etc.

I read 'One Crowded Hour', the biography of combat camera man Neil Davis. He covered the vietnam war right up at the front line. (see 'Front Line' by Ray Bradbury for great footage from Davis).

Davis is quoted as saying the beauty of battle is that everyone loves each other. There is a compassion there juxtaposed to the carnage.

So it's not all bleak...

LjDes

Deviant
There is the other side to our species as well.

We are hard wired also to be compasionate, to be artistic, to nurture, to love etc.

In war the higher arts are also in evidence. Men lay down their lives for their mates, no greater love hath no man etc etc.

I read 'One Crowded Hour', the biography of combat camera man Neil Davis. He covered the vietnam war right up at the front line. (see 'Front Line' by Ray Bradbury for great footage from Davis).

Davis is quoted as saying the beauty of battle is that everyone loves each other. There is a compassion there juxtaposed to the carnage.

So it's not all bleak...
I can relate to the comradery bond @wiggins.
Seems we have the right ingredients to live in global harmony, we just need to find out how to do it. Maybe a planetary near death experience is what it'll take like. Something such as an alien invasion or asteroid perhaps?

ASU-85

Forum Veteran
This is a dumb war started by wealthy fucks who really run the planet because they want Ukraine for its resources coal, iron ore, natural gas, manganese, salt, oil, graphite, sulfur, kaolin, titanium, nickel, magnesium, timber, and mercury powerful corporations want these resources that’s why this war is going on.

Last edited:

whiteboyopie

Forum Veteran
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔😟😟🤔😟

The war in Ukraine has not yet begun to get ugly.
But it surely will should this Muslim psychopath be given charge.

Ramzan Kadyrov . A take no prisoners General. A Chechen known for complete iniallation of his enemies.

3500.jpg

Back