Quincy Javon Allen (1 Viewer)


Quincy Javon Allen

A.K.A.: "Weird Man" - "Serial Killer"

Classification: Murderer
Characteristics: Robberies - Arsons
Number of victims: 4
Date of murders: July-August 2002
Date of arrest: August 14, 2002
Date of birth: 1980
Victims profile: Dale Evonne Hall, 45 / Jedediah Harr, 22 / Richard Hawks, 53, and Robert Shane Roush, 29
Method of murder: Shooting (sawed-off 12-gauge shotgun)
Location: North Carolina/South Carolina, USA
Status: Sentenced to life in prison in South Carolina on February 20, 2004

July 7, 2002: About 4 a.m., Allen twice shot a homeless man, James White, who was sleeping on a bench in Finlay Park, Deputy 5th Circuit Solicitor John Meadors said.

July 10, 2002: Allen killed Dale Evonne Hall, 45. Hall was shot in the head, face, leg and stomach with a sawed-off, 12-gauge shotgun. Afterward, he drove to a truck stop, bought a can of gasoline and returned to Oakway Drive off Two Notch Road in Northeast Richland to douse Hall’s body and set it on fire.

Aug. 8, 2002: After a confrontation about 10 p.m. with Texas Roadhouse employee Brian Marquis, Allen fatally shot Marquis’ friend Jedediah Harr, 22, in Harr’s car. At 10:15 p.m., Allen pursued Marquis to a convenience store and later drove to his home, where Allen set fire to the porch.

Aug. 9, 2002: About 2 a.m., Allen set fire to the car of another Texas Roadhouse worker on Parklane Road. A few minutes later, Allen randomly selected another car to set afire on Longbrook Road.

Aug. 12, 2002: Allen fatally shot Richard Hawks, 53, of Lowgap, N.C., and Robert Shane Roush, 29, of Lancaster, Ohio, at a Citgo gasoline station in Dobson, N.C.

Aug. 14, 2002: At about 6:30 a.m., Allen was apprehended in Mitchell County, Texas. Allen was sleeping in a vehicle at a rest area.

Feb. 20, 2004: Allen pleaded guilty to the N.C. killings. He was later sentenced to life in prison.

Feb. 28, 2005: Allen pleaded guilty to the S.C. killings.

Quincy Allen sentenced to life after pleading guilty to 2 NC murders

Feb. 25, 2004

Danbury, North Carolina-AP

A South Carolina man who admitted killing a clerk and a customer at a convenience store in North Carolina has been sentenced to life in prison.

Quincy Allen of Columbia pleaded guilty last week to two counts of murder, two counts of armed robbery and felony larceny. Allen was sentenced Tuesday to two consecutive life sentences without parole. Prosecutors had been seeking the death penalty.

Allen, 24, pleaded in the deaths of 53-year-old convenience store clerk Richard Hawks of Lowgap, North Carolina, and 29-year-old customer Robert Shane Roush of Lancaster, Ohio, at a gasoline station off Interstate 77 in August, 2002. Investigators say Allen walked in and without any confrontation shot and killed the two.

Authorities say Allen was on the run from Columbia for the deaths of 44-year-old Dale Evonne Hall in July 2002 and 22-year-old Jedediah Harr in August 2002. South Carolina authorities plan to try Allen for those deaths.

Attorneys Allen say their client is mentally ill and should serve his life sentence in a psychiatric center. Prosecutors he has exaggerated some symptoms of mental illness to escape accountability. Prosecutors say Allen should serve his sentence in a general-population prison.

Prosecutors felt they had more evidence in the North Carolina cases, so they decided to hold his first trial there. There's no word when he may go on trial in Richland County. Solicitor Barney Giese earlier said as soon as the North Carolina trial is over he planned to have Allen brought to South Carolina as soon as possible.

Allen was brought back to Columbia after Mitchell County Sheriff's Deputies captured him sleeping in a car on Interstate 20 in Colorado City, Texas, on August 14th, 2002, after he had been on the run for six days.

This is Quincy Allen - aka Serial Killer...


The self-recorded audiotape was like a diary entry.

“Hello. This is Quincy Allen, AKA Weird Man, AKA Serial Killer ... Around 3:45 yesterday morning, I tried to kill someone in Finlay Park.”

The incident marked the start of a monthlong summer crime spree in 2002 that left two people dead in Richland County and two more dead in North Carolina.

Monday, the 30-second tape became evidence in the opening minutes of the punishment phase of Allen’s capital murder trial. Testimony continues at 9:30 a.m. today.

Last week, Allen pleaded guilty to several crimes that were part of the spree, including the two Richland County killings.

By doing that, Allen bypassed a jury trial and left circuit court Judge G. Thomas Cooper Jr. to determine whether he will spend the rest of his life in prison or die by lethal injection.

In February 2004, Allen pleaded guilty in North Carolina to killing two men on Aug. 12, 2002, in a Dobson, N.C., gas station. He was sentenced to life in prison as part of a plea bargain.

For Allen to be sentenced to die in South Carolina, prosecutors must show there was an aggravating circumstance behind at least one of the killings.

In his tape about the Finlay Park shooting, Allen described his July 7, 2002, encounter with James White in matter-of-fact tones, even mocking the homeless man at one point.

“I guess he didn’t see my 12-gauge shotgun,” Allen said on the tape.

White was shot and injured while he was sleeping on a swing in the downtown Columbia park.

Monday morning in court, White told Cooper he was awakened by someone yelling at him. After being shot in the shoulder, he began yelling and screaming in a successful attempt to get the shooter to run off.

After Allen fled, White said he walked to Palmetto Health Baptist hospital, where he was treated.

In his opening argument, 5th Circuit Solicitor Barney Giese described White’s shooting and the incidents that followed as an “unprecedented crime spree in this area.”

Defense attorneys told Cooper the evidence will show that Allen was a byproduct of physical abuse and mental disorders, including schizophrenia.

In the span of about a year during the late 1990s, Allen was in and out of psychiatric facilities six times, defense attorney Kimberly Stevens said.

Last week, Allen admitted to the July 10, 2002, slaying of Dale Evonne Hall, 45, and the Aug. 8, 2002, shooting death of Jedediah Harr, 22, along with other crimes committed around the same time.

A tragic end to a special day

For Tiffany Todd Marquis, Harr’s death came at the end of what was supposed to be a special day for her.

Five hours before the shooting death of Harr, his best friend, Brian Marquis got down on one knee and proposed to Tiffany Todd at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant on Two Notch Road.

“Spirits in the restaurant were up and up,” she said.

Tiffany Todd, along with Brian Marquis and Allen, all worked at the restaurant and were friends. Brian Marquis happened to be off that day and made a special trip back to the Northeast Richland restaurant to propose.

But the mood changed when Allen sneaked up behind her, Tiffany Marquis testified.

“He was trying to light my apron on fire,” she said.

That puzzled her, but other actions by Allen that evening led her to call Brian Marquis back to the restaurant, she said.

Harr drove him to the Texas Roadhouse. Tiffany Marquis was inside and didn’t see what happened when Harr later was shot and killed outside.

“I look outside, and I see ambulance lights and police officer lights flashing everywhere,” she testified. “I knew something had happened, but I didn’t know what.”

Tiffany and Brian Marquis carry Harr’s memory with them every day. Deputy Solicitor John Meadors asked her to tell Cooper their child’s name.

“His name is Brian Jedediah Marquis,” she said.

Quincy Javon Allen

Quincy Javon Allen

Quincy Javon Allen

Quincy Javon Allen

Quincy Javon Allen

Quincy Javon Allen

Quincy Javon Allen

Robert Shane Roush, 29, of Lancaster, Ohio, one of the victims.

Users who are viewing this thread