Guns Security Fatally Shoots Man (2 Viewers)

Guns

Users who are viewing this thread

OminousDarkness

Plotting your suicide.
This user was banned
Many, if not most cops in US are nasty, I def agree with that. They must all be trained to be dickheads.
Always told my boys that cops were the bullies in school ... or the ones who were bullied, now getting back at the world for their humiliations.
Factually, that's incorrect.

I used to hate cops, with a passion. I thought I was justified in my hating of them, but the truth is, I deserved every single dose of justice I've received, and they were simply doing their jobs.

Saying "most cops in US are nasty" is just your perception. Statistically, 99% of police/sheriff/state trooper interactions end peacefully, quietly and uneventfully. Bullies growing up to be cops is rare. Because most bullies are cowardly. On the other hand, more bullied people are likely to become cops because they have an innate sense of right vs wrong, and justice for the weak.

Of course, there are absolutely shitty assholes wearing badges out there, but they are a small fraction of the decent cops just trying to make the country a little safer. I hope you need their assistance one day, because that usually changes a person's perception.
Your comment at first made me think it was just gonna be some asshole instigating people and then shooting when they retort, but nah, this was pretty clear cut I think.

Tho I don't think this is necessarily a case of that, you aren't entirely wrong.
Who here thinks this security guard is gonna try, whilst the cop from the Daniel Shaver incident gets a paid for retirement in the Caribbean, or Pacific, or wherever.
The problem with issues like this is that the legal system has evolved into a convoluted mess that lacks linear oversight. To prove this, let's imagine that Freddy was a black man. Holy shit. The country would be in an uproar, there'd be protesting, blah blah blah....

Now, imagine that Logan was black.

He'd be a hero. Defending himself against a violent and maniacal vehicular terrorist.

You see where I'm going? Perception has a lot to do with how things play out, and perception is easily influenced.

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
How so? That security guard is PAID to enforce private property law. Let's say you hired a security guard to work at your home. You'd expect him to run off trespassers on your behalf, correct? Same thing here. PRIVATE property has the right to be protected. Whether it's your home or a Lowe's.
Granted, Logan should NOT have been armed in the first place. But that's besides the point. ANYONE has the right to defend themselves from assault.

Did Logan aggravate the situation? Sure. It's obvious that the entire situation could have been avoided if he'd called the real cops.

But Freddy Nelson was also partly responsible for unlawfully trespassing. The whole thing is tragic, but ultimately, one man defended himself from another and that's that.

The security guard is a retard. He told them to get off his fucking property but stood in front of their vehicle. They were both retards but the security guard was the bigger retard.

OminousDarkness

Plotting your suicide.
This user was banned
The security guard is a retard. He told them to get off his fucking property but stood in front of their vehicle. They were both retards but the security guard was the bigger retard.
I disagree. Those folks were warned time and time again by Lowe's management to stay off of the property. If they hadn't violated Lowe's requests, and the laws that prohibit trespassing, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You're completely entitled to your opinion, although it's wrong.

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
I disagree. Those folks were warned time and time again by Lowe's management to stay off of the property. If they hadn't violated Lowe's requests, and the laws that prohibit trespassing, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You're completely entitled to your opinion, although it's wrong.

The security guard was an absolute fucking idiot. It's Lowe's, not his house. The retard took his job too seriously and unnecessarily escalated the situation. He should have not got in the way of the vehicle. Why should he give so much of a fuck over property he does not own.

RattleHead

Fuck around and find out
I was responding to this: "Killed by a powerflexing security guard, how embarrassing, running him over would have been my last conscious act."
You said the security guard was "powerflexing". Seriously? Defending yourself from death by a truck is powerflexing?
Seems to me like he could have handled it slightly better, but he WARNED the guy. "Don't move the truck." That dipshit earned every bullet he got.
Being vindictive doesn't make one invincible.

Btw: Nice Megadeth avatar! Sad what happened to Dave. That guy has the worst luck.
My thing is, anyone who blocks a vehicle with their body, accepts the risks.
Besides how you tell someone to leave the property and then block the vehicle?

OminousDarkness

Plotting your suicide.
This user was banned
He was about to move away and let them leave when Freddy intentionally tried to hit him with the truck. The part where the camera cuts to show the truck lurching? Yeah, that's the exaxt moment . That's when things turned dangerous.

yotgguitar

"Hiro" aka: "Dolly"... the homo britfag dicksucker
He should've shot that screaming cunt too!!!!! :)

These filthy crackheads that shoplift and think they can get away with it..... THIS IS THE RESULT OF THE HOMELESS CRACHEADS ROAMING THE STREETS CAUSING CHAOS WHEREVER THEY GO!!

Where is he being held..... I want to donate money to his commissary.... lol

GOOD SHOOT

Damo0666™️

Master Baiter..... 🎣🎣🎣
That may be true, but he did nothing more than defend himself.
Defend himself 🤔 he was the instigator, the wannabe cop caused that whole situation, he came over looking for a fight.....

You can't start a fight and then claim self defense 🤷‍♂️ the guy in the vehicle did nothing wrong, he was there collecting pallets like he had done for years and was on good terms with the stores located there who were happy for him to take the pallets....

The guard was a fucking moron and now he will be spending a huge part of his life in prison
How so? That security guard is PAID to enforce private property law. Let's say you hired a security guard to work at your home. You'd expect him to run off trespassers on your behalf, correct? Same thing here. PRIVATE property has the right to be protected. Whether it's your home or a Lowe's.
Granted, Logan should NOT have been armed in the first place. But that's besides the point. ANYONE has the right to defend themselves from assault.

Did Logan aggravate the situation? Sure. It's obvious that the entire situation could have been avoided if he'd called the real cops.

But Freddy Nelson was also partly responsible for unlawfully trespassing. The whole thing is tragic, but ultimately, one man defended himself from another and that's that.
The security guard has no more power than the average citizen, he caused that whole situation and the store was happy for him to come and collect the pallets

OminousDarkness

Plotting your suicide.
This user was banned
Defend himself 🤔 he was the instigator, the wannabe cop caused that whole situation, he came over looking for a fight.....

You can't start a fight and then claim self defense 🤷‍♂️ the guy in the vehicle did nothing wrong, he was there collecting pallets like he had done for years and was on good terms with the stores located there who were happy for him to take the pallets....

The guard was a fucking moron and now he will be spending a huge part of his life in prison

The security guard has no more power than the average citizen, he caused that whole situation and the store was happy for him to come and collect the pallets
I will agree that the guard was a fucking moron. You're absolutely correct. However...

Logan didn't instigate this confrontation. Freddy did by unlawfully trespassing onto Lowe's property. He'd been issued three separate warnings by law enforcement in the past, yet, he continued to go to the property to STEAL pallets. Lowe's does not (and has never) give away product pallets nor sell them. They are returned to the manufacturers for credit. Otherwise, Lowe's must pay for every pallet they do not return. At over $235 per pallet, well, do the math....

Security guards DO have more authority than an average citizen. They are legally empowered to physically detain trespassers, and because they represent the property owner they are authorized to act accordingly.

Let me put this into perspective for you: You own a house. Someone is trespassing on your property. You can forcefully evict them from your property. (Check your local general statutes, it's generally the same in nearly every county of every state in the USA, with minor variances.)

Now, let's say that trespasser attacks you. You have the legal right to defend yourself, with deadly force if necessary. As long as you feel that your life is in danger, you are 100% afforded that right. If that trespasser tried to run you over with their car, and you shoot them dead, you'd be within your rights.

Security guards are legally authorized representatives of a property owner. They sign contracts that say this very clearly. To act on behalf of the property owner as a security guard, they must be insured/bonded by the security agency providing that service to the consumer. (In this case, Lowe's.)

So although I agree that Logan could have handled this situation much differently with a better outcome, he did act within his legal rights to defend himself. However, because he was not authorized to carry a gun while acting as an employee of the security company, he is entitled to zero representation by that security company and Lowe's. With that said, he is definitely on his own. The moment he took the gun to work is the moment he fucked up. Basically, since he wasn't authorized to have nor use it, he's sort of fucked.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm in now way encouraging or applauding this man's actions. I'm merely playing devil's advocate.

Belfast147

Rookie
1661024689997.png

loved this wee movie

Damo0666™️

Master Baiter..... 🎣🎣🎣
I will agree that the guard was a fucking moron. You're absolutely correct. However...

Logan didn't instigate this confrontation. Freddy did by unlawfully trespassing onto Lowe's property. He'd been issued three separate warnings by law enforcement in the past, yet, he continued to go to the property to STEAL pallets. Lowe's does not (and has never) give away product pallets nor sell them. They are returned to the manufacturers for credit. Otherwise, Lowe's must pay for every pallet they do not return. At over $235 per pallet, well, do the math....

Security guards DO have more authority than an average citizen. They are legally empowered to physically detain trespassers, and because they represent the property owner they are authorized to act accordingly.

Let me put this into perspective for you: You own a house. Someone is trespassing on your property. You can forcefully evict them from your property. (Check your local general statutes, it's generally the same in nearly every county of every state in the USA, with minor variances.)

Now, let's say that trespasser attacks you. You have the legal right to defend yourself, with deadly force if necessary. As long as you feel that your life is in danger, you are 100% afforded that right. If that trespasser tried to run you over with their car, and you shoot them dead, you'd be within your rights.

Security guards are legally authorized representatives of a property owner. They sign contracts that say this very clearly. To act on behalf of the property owner as a security guard, they must be insured/bonded by the security agency providing that service to the consumer. (In this case, Lowe's.)

So although I agree that Logan could have handled this situation much differently with a better outcome, he did act within his legal rights to defend himself. However, because he was not authorized to carry a gun while acting as an employee of the security company, he is entitled to zero representation by that security company and Lowe's. With that said, he is definitely on his own. The moment he took the gun to work is the moment he fucked up. Basically, since he wasn't authorized to have nor use it, he's sort of fucked.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm in now way encouraging or applauding this man's actions. I'm merely playing devil's advocate.
I suggest you read articles about it 🤷‍♂️ the stores employees gave statements saying they were on good terms with Freddy and gave him pallets all the time, it's in the court records

I suspect the prosecutor know more about it than you do, the security guard was the instigator and several law enforcement officials have stated he can't claim self defense because he was the initial aggressor and the stores employees gave him permission to come and collect pallets

OminousDarkness

Plotting your suicide.
This user was banned
I suggest you read articles about it 🤷‍♂️ the stores employees gave statements saying they were on good terms with Freddy and gave him pallets all the time, it's in the court records

I suspect the prosecutor know more about it than you do, the security guard was the instigator and several law enforcement officials have stated he can't claim self defense because he was the initial aggressor and the stores employees gave him permission to come and collect pallets
Sure, the employees may have been on goof terms and giving Freddy pallets, but we're not talking about the employees. We're talking about Lowe's, the company. I foresee quite a few employees losing their jobs over this. Store employees don't dictate Lowe's policies and Lowe's had Freddy and his wife removed from the property previously, three times to be precise.

"Law enforcement officials" are not experts in self-defense law. They're not lawyers. They're just cops with different ranks and titles. If law enforcement was in charge, OJ would have received the death sentence.

Regardless of your opinion and my own, this will come down to one simple question: Was Logan fearful for his life and did he protect himself accordingly? When considering this question and the answer to it, a jury will be advised to disregard the events prior to the attack of Logan by Freddy with his truck. They will be instructed to ONLY consider the question I mentioned.

I could be entirely wrong, and that's fine by me, but I'd be willing to bet money on it. One doesn't practice law for over twenty years just to be wrong.

Damo0666™️

Master Baiter..... 🎣🎣🎣
Sure, the employees may have been on goof terms and giving Freddy pallets, but we're not talking about the employees. We're talking about Lowe's, the company. I foresee quite a few employees losing their jobs over this. Store employees don't dictate Lowe's policies and Lowe's had Freddy and his wife removed from the property previously, three times to be precise.

"Law enforcement officials" are not experts in self-defense law. They're not lawyers. They're just cops with different ranks and titles. If law enforcement was in charge, OJ would have received the death sentence.

Regardless of your opinion and my own, this will come down to one simple question: Was Logan fearful for his life and did he protect himself accordingly? When considering this question and the answer to it, a jury will be advised to disregard the events prior to the attack of Logan by Freddy with his truck. They will be instructed to ONLY consider the question I mentioned.

I could be entirely wrong, and that's fine by me, but I'd be willing to bet money on it. One doesn't practice law for over twenty years just to be wrong.
Prosecutors also said the same thing and I don't believe it was the store who asked him to leave the property it was the guards and the self defense claim work's both ways 🤷‍♂️

As the guard was the aggressor and was carrying a gun without a permit the prosecution will claim that the victim feared for his life and that's why he tried driving away...

The guard is the only one at fault and he will be spending the foreseeable future in prison just like he deserves to

Last edited:
Back