7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

PTSD Is My Life

The internal medal for the wars I still fight
he barely stuck the tip in! and why was his buddy aiming at him if it was an honor suicide?
The partner used to use a sword to chop his head off as he disemboweled himself either a lack of swords or more likely a ban on the head chopping thing by the US

Mieka

Rookie
Seppuku was usually done by Samurai, but was also known when someone had committed a dishonorable act.

If a Samurai was captured/defeated in battle it was expected that he commit seppuku. An enemy that committed seppuku was given much respect after his death by his former enemies, as it was considered he had died well. It was a mark of respect that the other person 'finished him off' by shooting him.

It was usually done in a ritualistic manner, which would most likely explain why the man is washing his sword in one of the pictures. Although it seems modern and the man is not a samurai [they've been gone a while now] it comes across as a respectful death. In my opinion he died well.

Gorgutz

Post-Mortem
Seppuku was usually done by Samurai, but was also known when someone had committed a dishonorable act.

If a Samurai was captured/defeated in battle it was expected that he commit seppuku. An enemy that committed seppuku was given much respect after his death by his former enemies, as it was considered he had died well. It was a mark of respect that the other person 'finished him off' by shooting him.

It was usually done in a ritualistic manner, which would most likely explain why the man is washing his sword in one of the pictures. Although it seems modern and the man is not a samurai [they've been gone a while now] it comes across as a respectful death. In my opinion he died well.
There was also the honorific seppuku, in which there's a near-decapitation done by an elite swordsman before the seppuku was complete. If I'm not mistaken that last rite was reserved to elite samurai/high members of japanese society.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
Honor Suicide

NOPE HAS TO BE A FORCED SUICIDE AND NOT "Seppuku" WRONG BLADE BY TRADITION AND RITUAL.... THE LONGER BLADE WAS MOSTLY USED FOR CRIMINALS BY WHAT ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS IS SAYING......
japanese-swords-samurai-swords-tanto-cold-steel.jpg

THE BLADE FOR THAT IS MUCH SMALLER.........
I GOT ONE OUT OF A DEAD JAP SOLDIER ONE OF MY RELATIVES GAVE IT TO ME YEARS AGO OUT OF A WW2 BATTLE FIELD....ITS MUCH SMALLER THAN A REGULAR ONE....

AND A STUPID WAY TO DIE FOR NO REASON PATHITIC.....

Last edited:

McM

ARSELING
In WW2 some japanese officers committed seppuku before been defeated and they took any knife, bayonet or sword what was in reach. Time was running out and not every officer wore a tanto at the frontline. But the sword shown in the pictures belongs to the regular fitting of an officer at this time.

Gorgutz

Post-Mortem
Not old school, his head would have been cut off...I call it Neo-Seppuku...lol
Nope.jpg

In honorary seppuku (reserved for high ranking samurai/wealthy japs) they would leave the suicide's head hanging by a small piece of neck.
The maneuver should be done in the manners of dakikubi (lit. "embraced head"), in which way a slight band of flesh is left attaching the head to the body, so that it be hung in front as if embraced. Because of the precision necessary for such a maneuver, the second was a skilled swordsman.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku#Ritual

Back