Several Injured In New York City Subway Station. Brooklyn. NY. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SeekingReality

Chẹẹƙy Ɓrịt Ɓịrɗ
Initial report: Multiple people are injured after what 'appears' to be a mass shooting in Brooklyn, New York, this morning, Tuesday 12th April, 8:30am.
The New York Fire Department said at least five (possibly six) people had been shot and 13 were injured after they arrived at New York City subway station.
They also found a number of undetonated explosive devices.

The 36th Street subway station is in Sunset Park, Brooklyn which is two stops from Manhattan on the D, and N lines. The city's police department said there are no active explosives at this time and urged witnesses to provide information and for the public to stay away from the area.

A man wearing what was said to be wearing a gas mask, was spotted throwing a device in the Brooklyn subway station and then opened fire, law enforcement sources told NBC New York.
No more info as yet.

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

download.jpg

IMG_20220412_155506_731.jpg

IMG_20220412_155510_158.jpg

Last edited:

Ellzibette

Resident Rope Bottom
Is she really saying "everybody on the platform get ON the train?" Does she mean the bloody immobilized people too? Not understanding that announcement.

This is scary, NYC is closer to me than the closest big city in PA where I live (which would be Philadelphia). Its a world away but still too close for comfort.

SeekingReality

Chẹẹƙy Ɓrịt Ɓịrɗ
With great freedom comes some risk. If you note where this incident happened, a liberal state with some of the strictest gun laws in the country. Cowards who commit these vile acts always choose soft targets.
I understand where you are coming from Steven, and indeed they do - usually to make a statement, which consequently achieves virtually zilch, except five minutes fame for themselves - a lot longer for the victim/s.
There will always be cowards and retards, no matter what, obviously over there, gun culture and ownership is pretty lax, most can obtain a legal firearm without much hassle (so to speak) and within hours. Though some? for whatever reason, snap, and don't own a gun/s for the correct reasons. In saying that though? top 'army' brass can snap too. MOHO.

And don't start me off on Libs - I'm slap bang down the middle, but right leaning. (but we have Doris... sooooo. Ugh)

Where this is concerned? don't know really what has truly happened, it's still rather messy - like all things? hopefully the situation will become clearer (with any luck) over the coming hours/days.
(I'll shut up now!)

Last edited:

(G.O.A.T.) Tubemonkey

It takes two to orangutango
I understand where you are coming from Steven, and indeed they do - usually to make a statement, which consequently achieves virtually zilch, except five minutes fame for themselves - a lot longer for the victim/s.
There will always be cowards and retards, no matter what, obviously over there, gun culture and ownership is pretty lax, most can obtain a legal firearm without much hassle (so to speak) and within hours. Though some? for whatever reason, snap, and don't own a gun/s for the correct reasons. IMHO. (I'll shut up now!)

Where this is concerned? don't know really what has truly happened, it's still rather messy - like all things? hopefully the situation will become clearer (with any luck) over the coming days.
Being a gun owner in America I can tell you there are extensive background checks on the books. Each and every gun I buy I am run through the FBI database. where would the line be drawn? am I suppose to surrender my God given right of self protection because some coward broke the law? I see the other side of the coin where the outcome could have different today if everyone there had the ability to shoot back. I even venture to say, I believe it wouldn't have happened at all if the coward thought that was even a possibility...

Back