Standing service for a dead boxer (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
Puerto Rico. Even in death, Christopher Rivera Amaro almost looked ready to box, leaning against the corner of a simulated ring.

Mourners who came to his wake in San Juan on Friday found him posed afoot, a yellow hood on his head, sunglasses glasses over his eyes and blue boxing gloves on his hands.

Elsie Rodriguez, vice president of the Marin Funeral Home, said Rivera’s family wanted to stress his boxing. The funeral home suggested posing him in a ring.

The makeshift ring was set up in a community center of a public housing complex. Rodriguez told The Associated Press it took them several hours to create the scene.

The funeral home has staged similar wakes for others. One featured a deceased man riding his motorcycle.

The 23-year-old Rivera had a 5-15 record in the 130-pound weight class. Police said he was shot dead Sunday in the city of Santurce. No one has been arrested.

puerto-rico-standing-wake.jpg
o-CHRISTOPHER-RIVERA-AMARO-facebook (1).jpg
download (4).jpg
boxeador1.jpg

Snicker

Sickest Bitch
Is it just me or is this fucking creepy? A dead guy propped up so folk can have their photo taken with him. He just looks dead- obviously cos he is,but what I mean is it maybe wouldn't be quite as bad if he was a bit more life-like! Poor crater.

ZombieFlesh

Shoot To Kill
Yes, I can see it now, ZombieFlesh's corpse propped up sitting in his tattered computer chair on his PC looking at goregrish. "Oh he loved his computer so much."

girl101

Forum Veteran
to bazaar for me. i would not find comfort in this , if this was my son was posed standing up waiting to fight.

Back