The Pied Piper of Tucson - Charles Schmid (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

J.D.

"Christ , Kid , you're a weirdo!"
Charles Howard 'Smitty' Schmid, Jr. (July 8, 1942 – March 30, 1975), also known as the Pied Piper of Tucson, was an American serial killer. Schmid and his crimes were detailed by journalist Don Moser in an article featured in the March 4, 1966, issue of Life magazineand formed the basis for "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?", a short story by Joyce Carol Oates.In 2008, The Library of America selected Moser's article for inclusion in its two-century retrospective of American true crime literature.

So , I collect old high school yearbooks with infamous criminals in them. Using Classmates and my Ancestry account , I find which yearbooks they appear in and try to find these books for sale online. In most cases , the sellers have no idea who is in these books. Last year I purchased a 1960 Tucson High School annual on AbeBooks for $35. When the book arrived in the mail I opened it to Schmid's page - and was very surprised and delighted to see that he had signed his name on his photograph.

s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s3.jpg
s4.jpg
s5.jpg

Rick James

Libtard in da house bitches!
I grew up in Spokane, WA when we had a prostitute serial killer. There were billboards on Sprague Avenue (where the hookers were) with pictures of the women whose bodies had been found. They did this as a warning to the girls, as to there being a serial killer out there. They didn’t get the killer until my freshman year of college - in 2000. Robert Lee Yates. I’m not sure where he grew up, but I’d love to see his high school pic!

J.D.

"Christ , Kid , you're a weirdo!"
I don't have a yearbook with Yates in it - but I was his pen pal for a while a few years ago.
My wife is also from the Spokane , WA area.

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
Charles Howard 'Smitty' Schmid, Jr. (July 8, 1942 – March 30, 1975), also known as the Pied Piper of Tucson, was an American serial killer. Schmid and his crimes were detailed by journalist Don Moser in an article featured in the March 4, 1966, issue of Life magazineand formed the basis for "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?", a short story by Joyce Carol Oates.In 2008, The Library of America selected Moser's article for inclusion in its two-century retrospective of American true crime literature.

So , I collect old high school yearbooks with infamous criminals in them. Using Classmates and my Ancestry account , I find which yearbooks they appear in and try to find these books for sale online. In most cases , the sellers have no idea who is in these books. Last year I purchased a 1960 Tucson High School annual on AbeBooks for $35. When the book arrived in the mail I opened it to Schmid's page - and was very surprised and delighted to see that he had signed his name on his photograph.

View attachment 566641View attachment 566642View attachment 566643View attachment 566644View attachment 566645
Very Unique and Fkn Cool!👍 I like it!
SP

Back