U.S. Government Program to Sell Surplus 1911 .45s to Public (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Strange but true..

I'm really surprised that the Government is selling surplus anything to do with weapons to the public.. Isn't this a little different than what their usual policies look like?.. Or I wonder, is it just to keep a list of WHO is buying them and how many, etc. Maybe even they'll try to see where they go, like Fast & Furious. Who the hell knows these days, I just know that the Gov is as corrupt and law breaking as they could ever be.

----

BREAKING NEWS: It Is Now Law, The CMP Will Sell 1911s To The Public - A Thanksgiving Day Miracle - The Firearm Blog

On November 25th, 2015, President Barack Obama has signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act of 2016, included in which is a provision for the Civilian Marksmanship to sell 1911 handguns to the United States shooting public. The bill includes Section 1087, which allows the transfer of handguns from the United States Army to the Civilian Marksmanship program, and the subsequent distribution of those handguns to members of CMP-affiliated clubs.

(There is an actual list of the law and provisions here in the actual news article, click the link above to read the full article with the law.)

This is a huge deal. Never before has the Civilian Marksmanship Program been able to sell handguns to the U.S. shooting public, and the signing of the National Defense Authorization Act with this provision in it signals a major change in the way firearms are viewed by the U.S legal system, similar to how Heller vs. D.C. affirmed the right of self defense for United States citizens. Handguns previously have been viewed as weapons of crime, or otherwise indecent by those outside the shooting community, and were in earlier drafts of the 1934 National Firearms act actually included in the NFA registry along with machine guns. While this does only allow 10,000 firearms per year to be distributed through the CMP, it is to me a major milestone in that my government will finally trust me and other qualified citizens with surplus military handguns for our own use in marksmanship competitions and other activities.

I am absolutely thrilled that this has actually come to pass. Happy Thanksgiving!

snatch

Avidly prowling for spoil
‘‘(2) The Secretary may not transfer more than 10,000 surplus caliber .45 M1911/M1911A1 pistols to the corporation during any year and may only transfer such pistols as long as pistols described in paragraph (1) remain available for transfer.’’.
------

lots of loopholes

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
What condition will the guns be in? Mint, New, used or barely good for parts?

I'd say since they are surplus then that means they are brand new, still in the box and all.

The U.S. has a HUGE spending problem. We buy excess everything. We have gigantic warehouses you couldn't even guess the size of, just completely filled with anything and everything you could ever want or need, and these gigantic warehouses will just keep all this shit in there, and never use it. If stuff has expiration dates, then it will be thrown out and rotated with stuff that isn't expired yet. Crazy but true.

snatch

I'd say since they are surplus then that means they are brand new, still in the box and all.

The U.S. has a HUGE spending problem. We buy excess everything. We have gigantic warehouses you couldn't even guess the size of, just completely filled with anything and everything you could ever want or need, and these gigantic warehouses will just keep all this shit in there, and never use it. If stuff has expiration dates, then it will be thrown out and rotated with stuff that isn't expired yet. Crazy but true.
hun, you need to at least look at the cmp website for a clue as to what's what and look up the word surplus

snatch

What condition will the guns be in? Mint, New, used or barely good for parts?
they dinna ha shit except high end m1,s. rack grade thru collectors/

auction has .22,s, carbines/collector stuff mostly

Back