US Special Forces brutally kill 10 Afghan civilians in Narang (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

R34P3R

Angel of Death
16th mp brigade, 18th airborne corp... Still wore the red beret but never was an "All American" I wanted that 82nd patch so bad lol
Haha, all it would've taken was a reclass ;P My uncle was 18th too, he was a desk jockey (61something?) in Turkey though.

GunXpert

Rookie
I highly doubt it was Special Forces. Maybe Special Operations (Rangers, Force Recon, SEALs, Combat Controllers...), but not SF.

Anybody who's ever deployed with an SF unit knows they're the biggest pussies down range. I am actually not kidding. Hell, a good friend of mine "deployed" with the 5th SFG and wore civis the whole time while chilling in Saddam's mansion.
SF trains to train the enemy's populous to fight their local threat. They don't go into combat unless it's an absolute last resort.

original.0
Most (if not all) of the SF are former Rangers. Ranger are hard as nails. Maybe they go soft one they get into SF lol.

R34P3R

Angel of Death
Most (if not all) of the SF are former Rangers. Ranger are hard as nails. Maybe they go soft one they get into SF lol.
Are you a former/current soldier? No disrespect, but many 18-'s I've met joined the army as an 18X (since wartime permits)... Most are high school athletes, almost none are ex-11B1V Rangers. The few old school SF guys I've had the pleasure of meeting were seasoned ex-11Bs from Vietnam, Korean War and Desert Storm. Most OIF & OEF SF I've met were kids coming in as 18Xs, without experience.

I know a Delta guy who came in as an 18X, earned his SF tab (18D), and went to Ranger School... When the RI's said "If you ain't got a tab, hit the slab!" he stayed standing while everyone else was knocking out push ups. The RI came up to him and asked "just what the fuck do you think you're doing, soldier?" the Delta guy replied "I have a tab, and last I checked, it was worn above yours..." (mind you, he had just got his SF tab at the time, and prior to that only 11X Basic & AIT... No real experience.)

Needless to say the Rangers kicked the shit out of him with PT and extra duties until he was medically released (not to be recycled) in the last phase of Ranger School, after recycling several times. He never got his tab, because he was a pompous ass... LOL. Still a damn fine soldier though. Much respect for him, but 'I've got a tab he wish he had' (without recycling!). xD

GunXpert

Rookie
Are you a former/current soldier? No disrespect, but many 18-'s I've met joined the army as an 18X (since wartime permits)... Most are high school athletes, almost none are ex-11B1V Rangers. The few old school SF guys I've had the pleasure of meeting were seasoned ex-11Bs from Vietnam, Korean War and Desert Storm. Most OIF & OEF SF I've met were kids coming in as 18Xs, without experience.

I know a Delta guy who came in as an 18X, earned his SF tab (18D), and went to Ranger School... When the RI's said "If you ain't got a tab, hit the slab!" he stayed standing while everyone else was knocking out push ups. The RI came up to him and asked "just what the fuck do you think you're doing, soldier?" the Delta guy replied "I have a tab, and last I checked, it was worn above yours..." (mind you, he had just got his SF tab at the time, and prior to that only 11X Basic & AIT... No real experience.)

Needless to say the Rangers kicked the shit out of him with PT and extra duties until he was medically released (not to be recycled) in the last phase of Ranger School, after recycling several times. He never got his tab, because he was a pompous ass... LOL. Still a damn fine soldier though. Much respect for him, but 'I've got a tab he wish he had' (without recycling!). xD

Nope never served, my best friend growing up joined the military, 82nd airborne, then Rangers, then SF. He's a tough mother fucker, big and bad. He's a crazy mother fucker too, fearless. I'm glad he's on our side.

R34P3R

Angel of Death
Nope never served, my best friend growing up joined the military, 82nd airborne, then Rangers, then SF. He's a tough mother fucker, big and bad. He's a crazy mother fucker too, fearless. I'm glad he's on our side.
He'd be calling the wrong place home if he wasn't as you described. Kudos to your friend - RLTW.

Back