Vehicle failed to yield at a checkpoint in Dagestan (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Had2look

Rookie
Short Bussed
Not sure, but I think that any car will ignite as long as the gas line/fuel tank/engine block is hit with a projectile that can penetrate and create a spark, which is needed to ignite fuel/petrol.

Incendiary rounds could also do it, but to completely engulf a car/truck in flames that round has to ignite the fuel, even if it just hits the back seat or something - it has to heat up the lines carrying the gasoline so that the gas meets open flame or sparks.

Years back I was working on the fatbob tanks of my Harley, and smoking a cigarette. A friend was with me and he said I was going to blow the place up (gas from the tanks had spilled on the floor and gas was all we could smell). So I thought, well let's see...and I flicked my cigarette into a fair sized pool of fresh gas. Nothing happended....the cig went out. My friend also went out...lol.
Could have been what they had inside the car that caused such a fierce blaze & why they made a dash for it :whiskeyskip: ,

McM

ARSELING
...create a spark, which is needed to ignite fuel/petrol.

I think, the fuel fumes are the most ignitables. A 1/4 full tank is more dangerous than a 1/1 full one in a gun attack, relatively.
A small flame from i.e. matchstick could go out in a bucket full of ordinary fuel or diesel, but an incendary round could flame up the pot.
Many variables in this case. A cig has a too low temperature for the most flammable liquids, but don't try this at home. ;)
Holywood cars always blowing up after some shots with a .45.:lol:

Equal Hater

Unbannable by decree!
Not sure, but I think that any car will ignite as long as the gas line/fuel tank/engine block is hit with a projectile that can penetrate and create a spark, which is needed to ignite fuel/petrol.

Incendiary rounds could also do it, but to completely engulf a car/truck in flames that round has to ignite the fuel, even if it just hits the back seat or something - it has to heat up the lines carrying the gasoline so that the gas meets open flame or sparks.

Years back I was working on the fatbob tanks of my Harley, and smoking a cigarette. A friend was with me and he said I was going to blow the place up (gas from the tanks had spilled on the floor and gas was all we could smell). So I thought, well let's see...and I flicked my cigarette into a fair sized pool of fresh gas. Nothing happended....the cig went out. My friend also went out...lol.

Fuel vapors are usually the reason for ignition and/or explosion. You can throw a lit cig in a pool of fuel and 99% of the time nothing will happen. Now try the same on an almost empty tank of gas and the results are going to be the complete opposite.

ScHoLaR oF SMuT

Forum Veteran
I think, the fuel fumes are the most ignitables. A 1/4 full tank is more dangerous than a 1/1 full one in a gun attack, relatively.
A small flame from i.e. matchstick could go out in a bucket full of ordinary fuel or diesel, but an incendary round could flame up the pot.
Many variables in this case. A cig has a too low temperature for the most flammable liquids, but don't try this at home. ;)
Holywood cars always blowing up after some shots with a .45.:lol:
to explode any car anywhere just shoot its car tank with tracer round. thats it.
penetrate it like this you dont need great aim but you need 3 fast hot bullets into the gas tank cavity to explode it. making to many holes in tank releases pressure and yu just get fire instead. this tracer shoot can explode it exactly like the grenade grandfather like toss on gypsy truck he find on his land

msr

AHHHHH FUCK
'Best' are the boiling/burning feces, needs much fire and heat to a body to do that. Like here.

Good photos.:):tu:
I would like to know, if cars catch fire easily by normal AK bullets. I.e., Machineguns use incendary rounds in their ammo-belt mix for that.
Mythbusters tried many ways to ignite a car using bullets, including incendiary, and it is almost impossible to do. The fuel needs a better igniter than sparks.

McM

ARSELING
Mythbusters tried many ways to ignite a car using bullets, including incendiary, and it is almost impossible to do. The fuel needs a better igniter than sparks.

Yes, there are differents between liquid fuel and the vapors, the concentation in the air plays a role too.

We had the 'Mythbusters' here as well on TV, saw them searching for a needle in a hay stack once.

Reactions: Nex
Back