Users who are viewing this thread

WickedMal

🖤 Death 🖤
Super Moderator
:facepalm:
An elderly woman in Ecuador was pronounced dead at hospital.
During her own wake, inside her casket she made enough noise to be found alive

QUITO, Ecuador — A 76-year-old woman who was declared dead at a hospital in Ecuador astonished her relatives by knocking on her coffin during her wake, and the incident has prompted a government investigation into the hospital.

Relatives left the coffin behind and rushed retired nurse Bella Montoya back to the hospital after the wake Friday in the central city of Babahoyo, son Gilberto Barbera told The Associated Press.

“It gave us all a fright,” Barbera said, adding that doctors have said his mother’s situation remains dire.

Ecuador’s Health Ministry said that Montoya was in intensive care Monday at the Martín Icaza Hospital in Babahoyo while the ministry investigates doctors involved in her case. A technical committee has been formed to review how the hospital issues death certificates, the ministry said in a statement.

Montoya initially had been admitted Friday at the hospital with a possible stroke and cardiopulmonary arrest, and when she did not respond to resuscitation a doctor on duty declared her dead, the ministry said.

Barbera said his mother was unconscious when she was brought to the emergency room and that a few hours later a doctor informed him she was dead and handed over identity documents and a death certificate.

The family then brought her to a funeral home and were holding a wake later Friday when they started to hear strange sounds.

“There were about 20 of us there,” Barbera said. “After about five hours of the wake, the coffin started to make sounds. My mom was wrapped in sheets and hitting the coffin, and when we approached we could see that she was breathing heavily

Though he and relatives rushed her back to the hospital Friday, she was still in serious condition Monday. She was under intubation, and doctors weren’t giving relatives much hope about her prognosis, Barbera said.

No details have been released about the doctor who had prematurely declared the woman dead.

Last edited:

deviant2

hell is other people
"gave us all a fright"...

Fuckin hell, I'd have freaked the fuck out and peed in my Sunday best!

tero

GOREBABY
:facepalm:
An elderly woman in Ecuador was pronounced dead at hospital.
During her own wake, inside her casket she made enough noise to be found alive

QUITO, Ecuador — A 76-year-old woman who was declared dead at a hospital in Ecuador astonished her relatives by knocking on her coffin during her wake, and the incident has prompted a government investigation into the hospital.

Relatives left the coffin behind and rushed retired nurse Bella Montoya back to the hospital after the wake Friday in the central city of Babahoyo, son Gilberto Barbera told The Associated Press.

“It gave us all a fright,” Barbera said, adding that doctors have said his mother’s situation remains dire.

Ecuador’s Health Ministry said that Montoya was in intensive care Monday at the Martín Icaza Hospital in Babahoyo while the ministry investigates doctors involved in her case. A technical committee has been formed to review how the hospital issues death certificates, the ministry said in a statement.

Montoya initially had been admitted Friday at the hospital with a possible stroke and cardiopulmonary arrest, and when she did not respond to resuscitation a doctor on duty declared her dead, the ministry said.

Barbera said his mother was unconscious when she was brought to the emergency room and that a few hours later a doctor informed him she was dead and handed over identity documents and a death certificate.

The family then brought her to a funeral home and were holding a wake later Friday when they started to hear strange sounds.

“There were about 20 of us there,” Barbera said. “After about five hours of the wake, the coffin started to make sounds. My mom was wrapped in sheets and hitting the coffin, and when we approached we could see that she was breathing heavily

Though he and relatives rushed her back to the hospital Friday, she was still in serious condition Monday. She was under intubation, and doctors weren’t giving relatives much hope about her prognosis, Barbera said.

No details have been released about the doctor who had prematurely declared the woman dead.

View attachment 688134
This is the most amazing thimg ive heard in a very long time. Thankfully the funeral home didnt start embalming her, or cutting the horrible V inscision. i pray she lives a few more years.

Stormy Llewellyn

Forum Veteran
Man, I would have given my left titty to have been in that room and seen their expressions when they started hearing the noise...🤣🤣

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
They don’t embalm the dead in Equador?
Embalming isn't required anywhere in the world. And in fact, isn't even recommended. Only old school funeral industry corporate scheisters try to sell the bereaved family expensive embalming procedures. And will even try to lie about how it's required (which is against the law for them to do so here in the USA, and I believe most other countries as well.)

But yeah, the mortician also needs to be investigated, as the person obviously never even so much as touched the body. How TF you gonna be a mortician and not know about rigor mortis, and what a cold dead body feels like?

Back