2008 South Ossetia War (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
This thread of the Georgian-S. Ossetian-Russian war is in no way an attempt to cover all of the war and available images. Most of the images that I am posting here will be "gore" related - dead bodies - and a few non-gore images.

"During the night of 7 to 8 August 2008, Georgia launched a large-scale military offensive against South Ossetia, in an attempt to reclaim the territory. Georgia claimed that it was responding to attacks on its peacekeepers and villages in South Ossetia, and that Russia was moving non-peacekeeping units into the country."

Set 1.

abandoned-georgian-tank-Zchinvali-aug2008.jpg

covered-russian-dead-soldiers.jpg

dead-georgian-soldier3-Zhinvali-aug2008.jpg

destroyed-georgian-convoy2-Zchinvali-aug2008.jpg

destroyed-vehicles-burned-bodies2-Zchinvali-aug2008.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
"The Georgian attack caused casualties among Russian peacekeepers, who resisted the assault along with Ossetian militia. Georgia successfully captured most of Tskhinvali within hours. Russia reacted by deploying units of the Russian 58th Army and Russian Airborne Troops in South Ossetia, and launching airstrikes against Georgian forces in South Ossetia and military and logistical targets in Georgia proper. Russia claimed these actions were a necessary humanitarian intervention and peace enforcement."

Set 2.

destroyed-vehicles-burned-bodies-Zchinvali-aug2008.jpg

detroyed-georgian-armor-aug2008.jpg

georgian-tank-no-survival-of-crew-Zchinvali-aug2008.jpg

knocked-out-georgian-tank-aug2008.jpg

russian-soldier-dead-georgian-soldiers.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Bodies stacking up.

"Russian and Ossetian forces battled Georgian forces throughout South Ossetia for four days, with the heaviest fighting taking place in Tskhinvali. On August 9, Russian naval forces blockaded a part of the Georgian coast and landed marines on the Abkhaz coast. The Georgian Navy attempted to intervene, but was defeated in a naval skirmish."

Set 3.

wounded-russian-soldier-aug2008.jpg

dead-georgian-soldier1-Georgia-aug2008.jpg

dead-georgian-soldier2-Georgia-aug2008.jpg

dead-georgian-soldier3-Georgia-aug2008.jpg

dead-georgian-soldier4-Georgia-aug2008.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
"The Georgian attack caused casualties among Russian peacekeepers, who resisted the assault along with Ossetian militia. Georgia successfully captured most of Tskhinvali within hours. Russia reacted by deploying units of the Russian 58th Army and Russian Airborne Troops in South Ossetia, and launching airstrikes against Georgian forces in South Ossetia and military and logistical targets in Georgia proper. Russia claimed these actions were a necessary humanitarian intervention and peace enforcement."

Set 6.

dead-georgian-soldier14-Georgia-aug2008.jpg

dead-georgian-soldier15-Georgia-aug2008.jpg

dead-georgian-soldiers1-Georgia-aug2008.jpg

dead-georgian-soldiers2-Georgia-aug2008.jpg

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
I still don't know what the hell Georgia was thinking when they did that. What did they think was going to happen?

By the way, a pretty damn good movie. It's fiction obviously, but very good I thought. The Russian militiamen are brutal in it.

Just remember if you watch it though, that the movie was made in the US, somewhat for propaganda purposes I think.

chanhx

NewbieX
if the Stalin still alive.what will he think of this war.one is his home,the other is the powerful country which he Created.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
Georgian forces were totally responsible for this the people wanted to be part of russia they even voted for it took a vote of the people there and 99.4% wanted it to be part of russia again.. why they even fought what the people wanted was stupid THEY EVEN SHOT AT REPORTERS 1 WOMEN comes to mind

AND THEN THERES THIS

BritishBunny

NewbieX
I heard about this "Secret war" on National Geographic channel apparently there was a war in 2008 that I didn't know until FUCKIN 2012....thanks for posting this I wanted to what was what.

Back