Alec Baldwin charged with involuntary manslaughter following Rust film set shooting death (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dr. Johnny Fever

aka Bill Murray
1674170089108.png

-ToGGaF-

Forum Fag🖕
He refused proper training for using a prop gun. That alone should get him a manslaughter conviction

D.O.A.

We are Kings
I can see the armorer getting done but I dont think it's Baldwin's job to check every shell casing on every gun on set. He'll get off. The pussy who took the plea bargain is all they have.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
His finger was on the trigger and care & control of where the muzzle was pointed, he shares some culpability.
Did any actor on the set of full metal jacket, any Clint Eastwood film, Deniro, pesci, Rambo, Arnie... Did they personally check the chamber and the bullet casing markings every time they shot a scene? I never seen Kubrick checking clips. Or was it the armorers problem?
This is a bad precedent that won't hold water in court. I think the DA is a attention seeking retard.

djdeeds

Constantly laughing at the world
He won't see a day behind bars, just like that other actor Joussie Smollette, who got convicted and sentenced to jail but didn't even go despite the ruling. They're all protected, probably all in some secret elitist sex/murder fraternity.
Yeah they all piss into each other's mouths each week in a secret harem disguised as a Taco Van somewhere out near Las vegas.

Dr. Johnny Fever

aka Bill Murray
Did any actor on the set of full metal jacket, any Clint Eastwood film, Deniro, pesci, Rambo, Arnie... Did they check the chamber and the bullet casing markings every fucking time they shot a scene? I never seen Kubrick checking clips. Or was it the armorers problem?
This is a bad precedent that won't hold water in court.
No, but then no one died in any of those examples. And there is still the issue of why Baldwin was pointing the weapon at Hutchins. There are extensive rules for firearms that need to be followed when filming, including that they're not pointed at anyone. Just because what you see on the screen of someone's getting shot doesn't mean that there was a gun pointed at them. This is from Ontario OHS and I'd imagine its fairly consistent with jurisdictions:

Specific highlight:
3. A gun should not be pointed at anyone, including the user, under any circumstances, including those loaded with blank ammunition.

I don't see it as bad precedent at all. Even on set Jeff Cooper's "four rules" should apply in every circumstance where there's a firearm:
  1. All guns are always loaded
  2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target
  4. Identify your target, and what is behind it

Legal/legitimate firearms owners are under attack by the left, including Alec Baldwin, one way we can respond to that is by upping our game when it comes to safety & responsible use. That means that everyone, including Baldwin even if it makes him a hypocrite, needs to be held to a higher standard.

All that said I don't expect Baldwin to be sentenced to any prison time. He'll take a plea and also get a probational sentence.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
No, but then no one died in any of those examples. And there is still the issue of why Baldwin was pointing the weapon at Hutchins. There are extensive rules for firearms that need to be followed when filming, including that they're not pointed at anyone. Just because what you see on the screen of someone's getting shot doesn't mean that there was a gun pointed at them. This is from Ontario OHS and I'd imagine its fairly consistent with jurisdictions:

Specific highlight:
3. A gun should not be pointed at anyone, including the user, under any circumstances, including those loaded with blank ammunition.

I don't see it as bad precedent at all. Even on set Jeff Cooper's "four rules" should apply in every circumstance where there's a firearm:
  1. All guns are always loaded
  2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target
  4. Identify your target, and what is behind it

Legal/legitimate firearms owners are under attack by the left, including Alec Baldwin, one way we can respond to that is by upping our game when it comes to safety & responsible use. That means that everyone, including Baldwin even if it makes him a hypocrite, needs to be held to a higher standard.

All that said I don't expect Baldwin to be sentenced to any prison time. He'll take a plea and also get a probational sentence.
Imo it's a clear case of "not my fucking job". Was Baldwin trained to distinguish a blank round from a real one? No? Then why is he expected to be a firearms expert now. You're given a prop by the armorers and you would expect their training to be able to distinguish what a real round is. I'd put it as the same as movie explosions, it's not the producers job to check it for RDX and ball bearings.

Guipago

Forum Veteran
Imo it's a clear case of "not my fucking job". Was Baldwin trained to distinguish a blank round from a real one? No? Then why is he expected to be a firearms expert now. You're given a prop by the armorers and you would expect their training to be able to distinguish what a real round is. I'd put it as the same as movie explosions, it's not the producers job to check it for RDX and ball bearings.
From what I read the gun went from the armorer, who, supposedly loads it, to the assistant producer??? who checks it & states "cold gun" this was done, then to the actor, then there was a lunch break & the gun wasn't checked properly by the armorer or assistant when they went to work, so which idiot took the gun to shoot jackrabbits then hurriedly put it back on the work table before they got caught using it & didn't unload it? This is the real question. Or did someone what the bitch dead???

mrln

silent ghost
its both their fault. no one bothered to check the weapon to see if it was loaded. no matter who gave it to you. if i gave you a weapon and said its not loaded,wouldnt you check anyway?
maybe her husband put the bullets in there...

ASU-85

Forum Veteran
He won't see a day behind bars, just like that other actor Joussie Smollette, who got convicted and sentenced to jail but didn't even go despite the ruling. They're all protected, probably all in some secret elitist sex/murder fraternity.
In the United States rich and famous people can get away with anything they want.

badangel7

i'm a cyborg
i have a legit firearms license and i declare this a clusterfuk
a bunch of morons made a bunch of mistakes

Back