Cinematographer fatally shot after actor Alec Baldwin discharges prop firearm (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
So let me get this straight: Alec Baldwin "accidently" shot "the cinematographer" and apparently also "hit and injured" "the director" with a "prop gun" that "just so happened" to be a "real gun" which also "just so happened" to be "loaded" with a "real bullet". *And he did this by "firing just one round".

Is this the "situation"?

I'm just "curious"...
None of this "just so happened". Prop guns are often real guns loaded with blanks. Bullets go through stuff and continue on until they hit something else.

Forest Gump

Rookie

Actor Alec Baldwin discharged a prop weapon that killed a cinematographer and injured the director of the New Mexico set of his film Rust, according to a statement from the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office.

“The sheriff’s office confirms that two individuals were shot on the set of Rust. Halyna Hutchins, 42, director of photography and Joel Souza, 48 director, were shot when a prop firearm was discharged by Alec Baldwin, 68, producer and actor,” the press release from the police said.

The tragic incident happened on set late on Thursday (Friday AEDT). The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office said Hutchins was airlifted to a hospital, where she died, while Souza, was getting emergency care at another hospital.
It’s 2021 and they can’t make a bad ass prop gun that doesn’t hold bullets and is incapable of causing bodily harm? Was that part of his budget trimming?

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
Yes sir. You are right. I retract my opinion and shall follow you blindly.

Thank you, thank you and thank you again.
No. Thank you. It is not often that people accept criticism gracefully on the internet. No need to follow. Just pay it forward by helping to make the internet smart again. Have a nice day.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
It’s 2021 and they can’t make a bad ass prop gun that doesn’t hold bullets and is incapable of causing bodily harm? Was that part of his budget trimming?
why do that extra cost and complexity when you can use a real gun with blanks. Money talks.

H82Go8675309

𝐉𝐫
received_611674936941297.jpeg

JayZee

Everything will be really bad.
Exactly. I heard they can do wonders with CGI these days...if they can do Deep Fakes, I'd imagine doctoring up a bullet that is so small and moves so fast that you can't even see it anyway should be quite easy.

JayZee

Everything will be really bad.
I'm thinking sabotage. Some of the crew walked out in protest shortly before. Somebody fucked around.
AB is an angry old man. With a keen mean streak. Revision: With a very keen and very mean streak. It sounds like the entire production was a toxic disaster, which could easily provoke retaliation. Especially if there's someone on that team that has a bit of a G*d complex.

Vwj

NewbieX
I think they were play real before this happened as they said they were using the gun for target practice

Back