Bullied ~ 15 Yr Old Commits Suicide (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

It's always fucked up when a kid offs themselves, regardless of the reasons, personally I believe that in any case where one child is driven to suicide by another/others, both the child/children involved AND their parents should be prosecuted, I mean here in the UK parents are taken to court when a child is absent from school too many times, but not when shit like this happens....does that make sense to anyone??

If I'd have been her father I'd have fucking smashed her P.C and all her electronic devices so as to deprive her of access to the obvious source of all her torment, until she realized it 's all just a fucking stupid illusion....take her out to the real world and interact with others, helping others in pain, building up her ability to think beyond herself and focus outwardly instead of inward! She was addicted to the internet and all the bullshit it comes with...sad and so totally avoidable!

RedneckR0nin

BigDickDaddyDonBodeenRenSlim
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350248535.249188.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350248544.222800.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350248552.941904.jpg

RedneckR0nin

BigDickDaddyDonBodeenRenSlim
Oh well. I understand that bullying sucks. But let's not get carried away now. Energy pissing and moaning about this would be better spent talking with your children or trying to help or get involved with the thousands insecure or troubled youth.
She died that's tragic...yes

All the Facebook and Twitter tweets in the world will bring her back...no

Many more that could use help now...but we all know 99.999999999% of us ain't going to do shit.
Yes

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I honestly don't feel any sympathy for these people. The world has no place for those who lack the backbone to even make it through high school. If they can't handle their teens how the fuck do they expect to live in the real world?
None of them are looking for sympathy, yours or mine - otherwise this kid would still be alive. Some of us breeze through school, no probs, others...become targets. Imagine if you had become a target...getting the shit kicked outta you after school (don't forget, this was a 15 yr old female), losing all of your friends, nobody will talk to your except to say, "Haven't you died yet?"

I didn't grow up with shit like Facecrap, Twitter, and texting, etc. But that's what kids are dealing with now. In my time, about 80 years ago, a girl screwed a guy then she got called a slut by some. It eventually went away - there was no where else to continue the bullying. Today, teens make mistakes just like any generation did: except that they get it splattered all over the internet and then get blackmailed, beat up, and continuously harassed/bullied for it: they cannot escape it.

If you grew up around the same time as I did (or atleast before the net, cellphones, twitter, FB, etc), then unless you have actually worked real-life with any of them (which I did for 20+ years) then you have nothing to judge them by. It's not the same world: this shit is so different and for many of these kids there is no way out.

Again, sympathy is not what's needed or asked for, but just the opposite - empathy. Put yourself in her shoes. Under the same circumstances, how many of us could make it through what this girl went through?

I could go on and on but I won't because many don't understand a teenager, or an adult, or a senior, that feels the need to resort to suicide. And most of you don't want to.

But forget this teenage girl, 3 weeks shy of her 16th birthday for a minute.

My folks are from a semi-country area in New Brunswick, just outside of Moncton. On our road are a few families, that have been there for just over 200 years. There's Melansons, Boudrots, Gaudets, Legers, etc.

There is a house on this road that my father was born in. Then the owner of that house and my grandfather decided to trade houses. All good. The mother and father of this other family raised their kids, 4 or 5 of them, who all have their own houses on the same road, that house.

Then the wife died about 4 years ago. The kids (well, adults) had their lots and houses right there. The husband/father never stopped moving. Nearing 90 he was still cutting and chopping wood - and he was a tough son of a bitch. One day one of his older sons dropped by to see how his dad was doing. He found his dad, who was about 92 yrs old, in the livingroom with a bullet in his head and his rifle lying be his side.

Now how do folks feel about that? Is it really any different from a teenager doing the same thing? No sympathy? You think this old man was looking for sympathy? Ya, I can hear it already - "Well he was an old man and heartbroken."

Life is like understanding Death - however it happens.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
That shit is fucked up too. What's the rise in posting that shit? Why did you think you had to share photos like that about a 15 yr old kid who committed suicide?

I've seen so much gore and shit and nothing bothers me anymore - but I see people posting shit like this and I realize that I haven't seen it all and that I can't get them all.

"Pathetic" is all that I can think of.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
If I'd have been her father I'd have fucking smashed her P.C and all her electronic devices so as to deprive her of access to the obvious source of all her torment, until she realized it 's all just a fucking stupid illusion....take her out to the real world and interact with others, helping others in pain, building up her ability to think beyond herself and focus outwardly instead of inward! She was addicted to the internet and all the bullshit it comes with...sad and so totally avoidable!
Addicted like almost every other teenager and adult that uses most social media outlets, or ya think maybe she got trapped. She was 15, not 27. For a 15 yr old, she was, for all intents and purposes, in the real world.

Two of my four daughters were bullied before they even reached grade 6.

Until someone, a parent, uncle, aunt, whatever, actually sees one of their own go through it - they have not got a clue.

The crime of my 2 daughters: they were pretty and other girls, as young as they were, would not accept that the boys were paying attention to anyone but them. It wasn't a good scene, I took the school to the top on it, and I went after the little shits parents.

All it took to help each of my kids (my oldest and then my third) was understanding and empathy along with talk, talk, talk. But sympathy - that was the last thing that they were looking for or needed - just someone to listen and understand. I went through so many nights of one, and then 6 years later the next, crying themselves to sleep and the pleads of, "Daddy...don't send me to school tomorrow."

You gotta have been there to know what it's like for our young ones....or what it can be like.

KingFate

Légion Blanche
I'm 21
None of them are looking for sympathy, yours or mine - otherwise this kid would still be alive. Some of us breeze through school, no probs, others...become targets. Imagine if you had become a target...getting the shit kicked outta you after school (don't forget, this was a 15 yr old female), losing all of your friends, nobody will talk to your except to say, "Haven't you died yet?"

I didn't grow up with shit like Facecrap, Twitter, and texting, etc. But that's what kids are dealing with now. In my time, about 80 years ago, a girl screwed a guy then she got called a slut by some. It eventually went away - there was no where else to continue the bullying. Today, teens make mistakes just like any generation did: except that they get it splattered all over the internet and then get blackmailed, beat up, and continuously harassed/bullied for it: they cannot escape it.

If you grew up around the same time as I did (or atleast before the net, cellphones, twitter, FB, etc), then unless you have actually worked real-life with any of them (which I did for 20+ years) then you have nothing to judge them by. It's not the same world: this shit is so different and for many of these kids there is no way out.

Again, sympathy is not what's needed or asked for, but just the opposite - empathy. Put yourself in her shoes. Under the same circumstances, how many of us could make it through what this girl went through?

I could go on and on but I won't because many don't understand a teenager, or an adult, or a senior, that feels the need to resort to suicide. And most of you don't want to.

But forget this teenage girl, 3 weeks shy of her 16th birthday for a minute.

My folks are from a semi-country area in New Brunswick, just outside of Moncton. On our road are a few families, that have been there for just over 200 years. There's Melansons, Boudrots, Gaudets, Legers, etc.

There is a house on this road that my father was born in. Then the owner of that house and my grandfather decided to trade houses. All good. The mother and father of this other family raised their kids, 4 or 5 of them, who all have their own houses on the same road, that house.

Then the wife died about 4 years ago. The kids (well, adults) had their lots and houses right there. The husband/father never stopped moving. Nearing 90 he was still cutting and chopping wood - and he was a tough son of a bitch. One day one of his older sons dropped by to see how his dad was doing. He found his dad, who was about 92 yrs old, in the livingroom with a bullet in his head and his rifle lying be his side.

Now how do folks feel about that? Is it really any different from a teenager doing the same thing? No sympathy? You think this old man was looking for sympathy? Ya, I can hear it already - "Well he was an old man and heartbroken."

Life is like understanding Death - however it happens.

I was born in 91, and have had a computer in the house since around 97, so I had plenty of exposure to the internet. I knew girls who had their pictures leaked, and it was their choice to send the picture. They were warned numerous times not to send themselves to others. They were too stupid to listen, so they deserve it.

As for when she was made a target, that was a result of her own choice. She slept with someone's boyfriend, that's definitely worth an ass kicking(now the boyfriend deserved to be ditched and slapped around a bit,too). She knew it was wrong, but she was selfish. It's not like she was timid, strange, of had some form of disability that singled her out. She made her choices, and this was the result.

At 15 you are smart enough to know the difference between right and wrong. I won't feel empathy for that. Now if she was minding her own business and someone bashed her face in, then I'd understand(then she'd be a true victim). I'm willing to bet if you saw a 15 year old boy hit a female, you'd take him down like a man. So the age argument is a bit off imo.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
In '91, home PC's were not even out yet. In '95-96 they started to populate. My mother was a computer professor and in 1996 I started designing websites. I have had my own design business since then.

I still don't see your point. It's like you're saying that a girl got a little tipsy at a house party and that it was all her fault that she got gang raped later in the night.

This boyfriend sucked her in - sure, maybe at 15 she should have known better. Then the photos were sent to the girlfriend: it was her who showed up at Amanda's school with 15+ friends and then proceeded to beat the shit out of her.

I don't think that anyone except Amanda and the ones that went on and on and on with taunting her will ever really know what happened. Passing judgement on the girl that committed suicide can't be either of our places - we weren't there, we weren't them, etc. How can someone look at a case like this an so simply generalize it?

But it is always safe to empathize with any one caught up in something like this - this is our kids that we are talking about. We can't just blurt out that this 15 yr old should have known better and that really, she got was coming to her. That's a very sad way to look at it - kinda like guilty until proven innocent.

Hopefully you don't get married and end up with any sons or daughters that might end up caught in something similar. Then it would be a different tune. I've been there and no one can really voice an opinion on it unless they too have been there.

Rosie

Oh dear.
Super Moderator
I don't know the full story, but from my perspective "her attention seeking" was a typical trait of bullying.
Victims of bullying tend to look for popularity/acceptance from all walks of life.
If she had been bullied at school, it's perfectly normal that she would seek an alternative "friendship" from the internet, but only being 15 and naive, she got trolled.
But that didn't stop there, It continued not only in school but at home, her solace of the internet turned and bit her in the arse.
At 15, I would imagine that she did know the difference between right and wrong, but didn't realise that some people hide behind fake identities and gain pleasure from other peoples turmoil.
I do feel sorry for child, her desperation for acceptance and friendship was viewed as "attention whoring". Where were her parents, her teachers, her peers?
How could nobody notice the despair that this girl must have been feeling?

It's all well and good, faceless, nameless people on forums carrying on this story and denouncing her actions and calling her names, but can these people honestly look at themselves in their mums basements mirror and say "I have no idea what that would feel like"?
Maybe I'm being a little judgemental here, but to the people who find this funny, step outside, away from the internet, get a social life and discover that it's a cruel world out there if you struggle to fit into societies norms, or are you afraid, constantly making excuses as to why you don't want to?
Belittling people who too find it difficult and like you found the internet as your only source of social interaction.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
I think that any bully that influenced a suicide should be punished by juvenile court system or something.

i look at it more if ya cant handle the web you shouldnt be on it... her parents should have been more aware of her doings and what was up if they didnt know they weren't very good parents......they should have been aware of her mental problems and her problems in general guess they didnt talk about real stuff huh ....and yes my kids tell me almost everything i may get pissed but at least i know and i dont hold it over there heads for being honest......

Back