Car hit by an express train in Melbourne, two dead (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
The vehicle was thoroughly crushed by the train after being dragged for approximately 100 metres, and it took emergency services several hours to determine how many people had been in the car when it was struck. The women's bodies were removed from the vehicle at approximately 6pm.

Though earlier reports suggested that the women, aged 71 and 73, had purposefully navigated around a closed boom gate, police are now clarifying that they do not believe this to be the case.

“They didn’t go around the boom gates at all,” acting sergeant Glen Whitehead told the Herald-Sun,

“The motor vehicle has come across, was on the train line and then the boom gate has come down behind."

“The driver has been unsure of what to do from there and as a result the train travelling through, an express train, has then collided into the motor vehicle.”

1409_surreyhillstrain.jpg

57d9a94f2cce0_carr_1btjaa3-1btjaaf.jpg

surreyhills-960x540.png

Horror crash: Two killed after car collides with train at Surrey Hills station

Equal Hater

Unbannable by decree!
I can't understand how people freeze while standing on the railroad and a train approaching at high speed. I would automatically hit the gas regardless of what or who is in front of me. I think the get the fuck out of this situation would be the first thing on my mind.

Back