Connecticut Elementary School shooting (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Blaine

Expostulator
Oppressor
Administrator
Granted it's always a media circus for obvious reasons. But this happens to be the second largest fatal school shooting in U.S. history, and it involved children. Discrediting a handful of peoples sorrow with your "world total" statistics is pretty lame. Instead, how about showing some tax returns from your major contributions to St. Jude, or a picture with your ID next to it, of the child you sponsor at Feed the Children before you pass judgement.

If you want to chastise someone in the midst of this tragedy, I'm the wrong guy. Have a look at Christian fundamentalists exploiting and politicizing the situation, using it as leverage to proclaim that separation of church and state is a mistake, that video games cause violence, and so on. Have a look at ultra-liberals and reactionaries calling for strict gun control laws and other stopgap measures to serve their ongoing agendas. Have a look at the media, exploiting the tragedy for the sake of their ratings and giving the killer the recognition and infamy he desired, quite possibly encouraging the next mass murderer with the knowledge that he'll be immortalized too. You might even take a look at feminists, whose never-ending women-first politicking over the past decade and a half has pervaded our society with misandry, greatly contributing to the disenfranchisement of young men.

I'm not discrediting anyone's sorrow, and I'm not exploiting the situation. I sympathize with the victims' families. It's just that I'm aware of dying children EVERY DAY. I may not think about it every minute of the day, but it's there in the back of my mind. I've been visiting these gore sites for eight years, and that's half the point of coming here... to be the type of person who DOESN'T ignore these tragedies most of the time. Most people just ignore it all until something terrible happens.

mrln

silent ghost
61419_308343102600115_1944209563_n.jpg

D.N.R.

Medication time
The guy the cops caught running away was the shooters brother, Ryan. No news on what he has to do with it all but I think some of the answers will be with this brother who no way happened to just be there.
Ryan has been ruled out as having anything to do with it. He was picked up at work following the shooting and questioned then released. The media really fucked up the facts when this first happened. There was so much false information put out there but now it's slowly being corrected.

mrln

silent ghost
everybody is jumping on the gun controll wagon. what about the mental health wagon? theres PLENTY of room on that! guns arent the problem,its the "mentally incapable" people who use them. all the people who shot up the schools in the past and present all had mental issues.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Ryan has been ruled out as having anything to do with it. He was picked up at work following the shooting and questioned then released. The media really fucked up the facts when this first happened. There was so much false information put out there but now it's slowly being corrected.
Ah, ok that clears that part up. And ya, you're right about the media goofing alot up. I wasn't home but first I heard that the shooter had killed his dad then killed his mom at the school. Then it was the other way around. Sometimes I think that the media doesn't really see the catastrophe at hand...they just want to report anything and please their bosses by being the first to report. It's all for the story.

One thing about the media covering this tragedy that really bothered me was various reporters (CNN being one) that swarmed some of the Jr. and Sr. K kids that made it out of the school as soon as they were safe to "interview" them. How does an adult ask a 5 or 6 year, "Were any of your friends killed? Did you see any blood or bodies?" (or whatever they asked several of them). The media had the wrong info, dove in to fast, and resorted to putting little kids on camera for any details of the shooting.

But thanks for clearing up the part about the brother. Hopefully somehow this whole thing ends up making some kind of, any kind of sense.

brizzy

Forum Veteran
The WBC will be all over this....

From their website:
Perfect Xmastime Destruction!

December 14, 2012 "Praise God for the shooter at the Newtown, CT school! The numbers keep rising!"

wino

DILLIGAF
Connecticut gunman's mother 'loved her guns'

Erin Tennant, ninemsn
5:45am December 17, 2012

December 17, 2012: A bomb threat has forced police to evacuate a church in Connecticut where mourners had gathered in the wake of Friday's mass shooting at an elementary school that killed 20 children.

The mother of Connecticut gunman Adam Lanza had been hoarding food and guns because she thought the world economy was about to collapse, according to reports.

READ: Carnage at US elementary school

Nancy Lanza taught Adam, 20, how to shoot because she feared the financial crisis would plunge society into chaos and they would need to protect themselves.
But last Friday it was Adam who turned on his mother, fatally shooting her in her own bed, possibly even while she was asleep, the local newspaper Hartford Courant reports.
The killer's aunt, Marsha Lanza, told news media from her home in Chicago that Ms Lanza had been stockpiling food lately.
"We talked about prepping a lot. She was getting ready for the economic collapse," she said.
"I think she had the guns for self-defence because she lived alone".

December 17, 2012: US President Barack Obama will soon arrive in Newtown, Connecticut, to join mourners still reeling after Saturday's school massacre, which claimed 26 lives.
But the aunt added that Ms Lanza was "meticulous" and would "never leave the guns out."
Ms Lanza legally purchased five firearms – three of which were used in the deadly shooting last Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School that left 28 people dead, including the killer.
It emerged yesterday that Ms Lanza took Adam target shooting.
On one occasion she showed off a high-powered rifle to a neighbour.
"She was very proud of it," local landscaper Dan Holmes told the New York Daily News. "She loved her guns."
Adam killed his mother in the home they shared by shooting her in the face.
1712_nancy_lanza_sp.ashx

Adam Lanza's mother, Nancy Lanza.
He then took her car keys and three guns – a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, and a .223 caliber rifle – and drove to Sandy Hook where the bloody rampage unfolded.
The gunman's father, Peter Lanza , yesterday expressed grief and shock in a statement released to WFSB television in Connecticut.
"Our hearts go out to the family and friends who lost loved ones and to all those who were injured. Our family is grieving along with all those who have been affected by this enormous tragedy," the statement said.
"No words can truly express how heartbroken we are. We are in a state of disbelief in trying to find whatever answers we can.
"We, too, are asking why. We have cooperated fully with law enforcement and will continue to do so. Like so many of you, we are saddened and struggling to make sense of what has transpired."
Mr Lanza was divorced from Adam's mother.
1712_adam_lanza_sp.ashx

Adam Lanza.
Source: AFP, Hatford Courant, New York Daily News
Author: Erin Tennant

mrln

silent ghost
people crying for gun controll. i have an idea. make it the same way one would have to get a drivers license. take a written test,and this test would also include a psych eval. then a test to see how someone handles a weapon,then the firing range. theres a photo i.d. and every few yrs it needs to be renewed like the drivers license does.
:shrug:

Silo

" CHUTZ-PAH "
people crying for gun controll. i have an idea. make it the same way one would have to get a drivers license. take a written test,and this test would also include a psych eval. then a test to see how someone handles a weapon,then the firing range. theres a photo i.d. and every few yrs it needs to be renewed like the drivers license does.
Not bad mrln...or how about making all fire arms in the States mandatory smart weapons, like the ones that only fire when they recognize your finger prints. I know for sure the technology excites cause they do make em...all that's needed now is, to pass it into law and make it official. Sure it will coast money and would make life inconvenient but fuck that...if we can dish out 400 bucks for a fucking i phone why not to prevent tragedy.

mrln

silent ghost
Not bad mrln...or how about making all fire arms in the States mandatory smart weapons, like the ones that only fire when they recognize your finger prints. I know for sure the technology excites cause they do make em...all that's needed it is, to pass it into law and make it official. Sure it will coast money and would make life inconvenient but fuck that...if we can dish out 400 bucks for a fucking i phone why not to prevent tragedy.
that sounds good too. the problem is,theres a comp chip. and in that chip could also be placed is a tracking device. thats fine with me because id have no ill intent. its still a violation of rights though. im not sure how most people would thinkabout that.

Silo

" CHUTZ-PAH "
that sounds good too. the problem is,theres a comp chip. and in that chip could also be placed is a tracking device. thats fine with me because id have no ill intent. its still a violation of rights though. im not sure how most people would thinkabout that.
Fawk mrln, it seems like there's never a good solution but my idea was something around those guide lines. Take the technology that we already have and let some engineer think out side the box. It's like hacking into cable back in the day's...lol no matter what the cable company tried the boys in orange correctional jump suites always found counter measures.
:shrug: :shakefist:

SAF

Imperator
Administrator
That pretty much IS the case here. Plus they rape you with fees, and the decision is ultimately up to the local police chief where you live, and if he's in a bad mood, you're fucked.

mrln

silent ghost
Fawk mrln, it seems like there's never a good solution but my idea was something around those guide lines. Take the technology that we already have and let some engineer think out side the box. It's like hacking into cable back in the day's...lol no matter what the cable company tried the boys in orange correctional jump suites always found counter measures.
:shrug: :shakefist:
the cable box thing,the bigger hole next to the input cable. unfold a paperclip,stick it in that hole and viola! instant HBO! (boxex are diffrent now a days)

mrln

silent ghost
That pretty much IS the case here. Plus they rape you with fees, and the decision is ultimately up to the local police chief where you live, and if he's in a bad mood, you're fucked.
not to mention the fact that.... maybe even if its state run,there could be a training program for those who never held a firearm (other than from the nra). then the place should have a firing range. like i said,photo id. so now this would employ people. people who are already experienced in the field and know what the hell theyre talking about.
the state would make money from this and hopefully taxes wouldnt go up so often. i dunno,just throwing that around. unless it was done at the dmv. youd just have to find the closest shooting range.

Silo

" CHUTZ-PAH "
the cable box thing,the bigger hole next to the input cable. unfold a paperclip,stick it in that hole and viola! instant HBO! (boxex are diffrent now a days)
Well i tried what you said mrln and all i got was a huge electrical shock :whoa:and Kazakhstan Cable News. :heckno:lol
Thnx bro for the tipsy but I's think I'll let my brother try with the power on, hehe, fucker.

Torque Button

"boo fucking hoo" "Die in a fire"
This user was banned
:facepalm:
No no no - the FBI/CIA did it, just like Columbine and Virginia Tech and Colorado etc etc etc Just a furtherance of the massive conspiracy take away your rights to bear arms and go postal on ppl, so they can eventually turn you all into communists! Or it's the dirty jews with another crafty plot to further enslave the aryan people.

Ok, I don't know which one it is, but it's definitely one of those! Never take things at face value - the most rational and obvious explanation backed up by the available evidence available is always a smokescreen. You just gotta dig deeper and selectively embellish distort and omit the available facts till they tally with what u want to believe is all.:nig:

mrln

silent ghost
Well i tried what you said mrln and all i got was a huge electrical shock :whoa:and Kazakhstan Cable News. :heckno:lol
Thnx bro for the tipsy but I's think I'll let my brother try with the power on, hehe, fucker.
dude..... those were the OLD BOXES. i posted that in the ( ). :facepalm:

Back