Driver reverses into childs pushchair, and drives off (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

blacklotus

the mind is like a parachute, works best when open
Terrifying surveillance video shows driver hit, drag baby stroller as mom struggles to free her son

Both mom and toddler survived the horrifying impact.Now, Muskegon cops hope someone will recognize the suspect shown in surveillance video of the crash.

Liquor store surveillance video captured the terrifying moment a Michigan man backed a minivan into a mom and young son and took off, dragging the boy several yards.
The man took off from the June 25 crash, leaving mom and tot in his dust. Miraculously, they stood up and walked away with only minor injuries - but were shaken after the collision.Now, cops hope the video, and a clip of the suspect, will help some Muskegon residents recognize the perp and turn him in.
In the 20-second clip, the 18-year-old mom is seen walking behind a gold minivan outside of a local liquor store. The suspect, a black man described as wearing a blue T-shirt, sagging jeans and blue and orange shoes, also exits the store and gets into his car. The mom stops behind the van to adjust the stroller and is suddenly struck as the driver blindly reverses the vehicle.
Unaware or uncaring of what’s happened, the suspect peels out, dragging the one-year-old boy about 15 yards before the mom regains her feet and chases after the car. As she struggles to, and eventually does, free her son, stunned bystanders can only watch as the perp drives away again, the stroller still stuck under the van.
The woman scraped her knee while the child, miraculously, made it out without injury, MLive.com reported.
dragged11n-1-web.jpg

Barry McCockinner

Forum Veteran
She sounds like she's half retarded. I don't think she should be allowed to have kids, not that this was her fault - just sayin'. At the end, the newsman says she thinks that if the driver did it once, he might be doing it again. As if he did it intentionally. He was wrong for leaving, but I doubt very much he makes a habit of running people over. I think it was an accident and he just took off to avoid responsibility.

Also, the other newsman said, "The police released the video in an attempt to find this guy?" What kind of question is that, captain obvious.

Back