Fake Apple stores found in China (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
lol
Chinese retailers have gone to extraordinary lengths to create fake Apple stores so convincing its staff are unaware of the rip-off.

Blogger BirdAbroad discovered three knockoff Apple stores in Kunming, a city in China's south.
The outlets are replete with Apple logos and include the company's atypical spiral staircase and blue uniforms.

The US blogger initially believed the first store she visited was genuine, but became suspicious after noticing the staircase was poorly made and the walls improperly painted.

"A beautiful rip-off — a brilliant one — the best rip-off store we had ever seen (and we see them every day)," she wrote.

"Being the curious types that we are, we struck up some conversation with these salespeople who, hand to God, all genuinely think they work for Apple."

Apple has confirmed the Kunming stores are indeed rip-offs, and only has a handful of outlets in China, mainly in Beijing and Shanghai.

The fake shops do not appear to have affected Apple's record profits announced this week, with Asian demand for iPhones and iPads behind much of the growth.

http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/newsbusiness/8275462/fake-apple-stores-found-in-china

wino

DILLIGAF
this cant be true Doa, I just cant belive the chinese would do such a thing. No wwway

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
China.. land of dragons, walls you can see from space, and every single fake product imaginable.

i need to contact one of those stores for a part for my macpro tower. the POS proprietary fan costs $50 fucking dollars here. for a FAN. i hate that machine.

Back