Florida Cam. Watch Hatching and Raising of Bald Eagles (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

deviant2

hell is other people
It's a pity that one can't tell the parent eagles that's all good. That the eaglets will be back in a week or so. (We hope)
They must think instinctively they lost them to a predator, despite all the watchfulness.
That's exactly what they probably think, even though M was incubating when the truck pulled into the pasture and the bucket was raised. He didn't fly off the nest until they were right there almost eye to eye with him. Then he circled around them a few times.

2 weeks seems forever to be gone so soon.

• Agree
Reactions: McM

McM

ARSELING
That's exactly what they probably think, even though M was incubating when the truck pulled into the pasture and the bucket was raised. He didn't fly off the nest until they were right there almost eye to eye with him. Then he circled around them a few times.

2 weeks seems forever to be gone so soon.
What will they do during this time? I hope it doesn't change their behaviour somehow, like searching for another place or something like that.
I don't know what eagles normally do if they've lost their eggs/eaglets.

deviant2

hell is other people
They won't leave, that's Harriet's territory. She's been there for 20 years. Some eagles migrate north for summer, Harriet and M stay year round.
Because it's still breeding season they will keep up with the nest, protect their territory and bond(eagle fornication), aiming for a new clutch.
Hopefully the kids will be home very soon.

deviant2

hell is other people
Little Babies ♡♡
This video is a quick Q & A, because CROW's Facebook page got flooded with questions. Thousands actually.

Last edited:

deviant2

hell is other people
PEEP Sqwee PEEEEP Sqwee PEEP ♡♡PEEEP

Their appetites haven't been affected at all, lol. That's so good to see.

deviant2

hell is other people
Harriet and M15 are going about business as usual. They appear to have not forgotten the babes because they look for them. They don't stray too far from one another either since their babes were taken to CROW.

Harriet flies in, M behind her(red dot).
401p H M.PNG.png

Seems she has a cut on her foot...
401p H bld.PNG.png

Wonder what that's from... 🤔
404p bobo.PNG.png

They're frequently working the nest together adding sticks, grasses and aerating. Somehow I think they know the babes aren't gone for good and will be coming home.
1207p hm nest.PNG.png
2121md.jpg
933a hm nwork.PNG.png

deviant2

hell is other people
These are screen shots taken from the 360° cam, which is located just above the stationary nest cam,(CAM 1 if you visit the Pritchetts web site). I think they're cool looking, thought I'd share a different view.
2121mleave1426.jpg
21211621harri.jpg
2121marriveua.jpg
939a minGra.PNG.png
211206.jpg

deviant2

hell is other people
Let's get it on... *insert Barry White tune*

Harriet shows her dominance and gives M the ol' side kick...
618 foot.PNG.png

He obliges his lady love.
131629.jpg

Q.) How long before Harriet and M start considering a second clutch?

A.) It would be at least 28 days from when the babies were removed and she would also have to go into a fertilization cycle. It was 38 days last time when E14 died and surprised us all with E15 & E16. So... there's plenty of time to get the babes back in the nest. NOBODY PANIC!!!

Mom
131547.jpg

Dad
131549.jpg

They look so damn cute in this picture. ♡♡
13120handme.jpg

deviant2

hell is other people
Day 5 and the babies are still at CROW, but their eyes are so much better. They were diagnosed with basically what humans would call pink eye. As we all know, antibiotics take some time to do their thing (7-10 days). CROW won't release them until they are 100% in the clear. I'm thinking Monday is looking good, fingers crossed.

Yesterday E17 was put in time out for excessive bonking, lol.
SWF   PS on wall   2-3-21.jpg

Starting to think maybe E17 is a female and E18 is a male, E17 is bigger and definetly dominant.
Today they have their own towel nests.
2421 cdate c.PNG.png
2421 Cdate b.PNG.png

deviant2

hell is other people
Mom and Dad continue to keep the nest in tip top shape. Harriet has been in and out of it alot these last couple of days, and sleeping in it at night.
They're coming home, hang in there you two.

Harriet nipping at M being playful, she's so sassy. ♡♡
639p h nips m b.PNG.png
639p h nips M c.PNG.png
639p H nips M d.PNG.png
639p hm playing.PNG.png
639p hm U.PNG.png

Pretty sunrise...
2421handm.jpg

Sugar³

This user was banned
Oh. I'm pretty sure they're not computer generated.
What the Christ is wrong with you today. Your humor ducts are all clogged up--on the fritz!

Why, I was just outside trying to break a Tennessee variant COVID that I corralled into my yard, I had the slippery fucker by the glob prongs, but got bucked off of it something fierce. It hopped the fence, and made off Eastward. I thought I broke my tail bone, but you don't see me complaining, do you?

McM

ARSELING
We got a lot of snow here in the last days and I could watch two funny crows again being funny. Every time someone with a dog on a leash appears and the dog takes a dump in the snow, they're coming flying and hopping near. But then, after they seem to look somehow disappoited and disgusted to the product they found, they fly screeching back to the trees.
:lol:
Maybe they had the hope it's something like the horses left behind; there's always 'bird activity' around their apples.

deviant2

hell is other people
This is a bit difficult for me to watch but it's normal behavior and no real harm is being done.

Eagle chicks DO NOT kill or attempt to kill their siblings. The only time this has been seen, is when there is a significant age/size difference or the food is scarce. There's always a dominant chick and this stage of sibling rivalry doesn't last long. By nature the bonking is to get to the food first, hunger being the driving force.
In this nest the food isn't lacking and Harriet and M are super providers. They are also very attentive and will make sure E18 eats by filling E17 to the brim, then feed E18.
There are lessons being learned during this aggressive time though, good ones in fact. E18 will and is learning to wait until E17 is too full to move, then get in there and eat. Patience will benefit him after he's out on his own. He'll learn to be quick and steal bites from E17, also a good thing to know how to do when out on his own.

Today he watched her start eating and came up on M's other side and got fed too. Good job, baby.
925a mfd17 a.PNG.png
928a 18 waits b.PNG.png
929a m fed 18c.PNG.png

Closeup of E18, look at that lil face... so cute!!!
mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Back