Florida Cam. Watch Hatching and Raising of Bald Eagles (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

McM

ARSELING
In the video; what did the smaller one E18 all the time on the ground?
First moments I thought it's sleeping but that couldn't be... Did it 'hide' from the bigger sibling E17 to draw no attention?
Or a 'submissive posture' like other animals do too to calm down its counterpart?
In the end, he even found a piece of meat and could eat it alone but got this grass in it's beak, it was a bit sad and funny to watch.
And the other eaglet was 'making its bed' and looked sleepy. :lol:

deviant2

cause it glitters doesn't mean it's gold
:whoa:Harriet brings home a cat.
And this one is not a stuffed animal...

Screenshot_20210215-172721.png
Screenshot_20210215-172827.png
Screenshot_20210215-172747.png
Screenshot_20210215-172857.png
Screenshot_20210215-172848.png
Screenshot_20210215-172948.png
Screenshot_20210215-173302.png

My heart was racing until I saw it wasn't alive. Jeeeeezzzz....
Poor kitty was dead already, hit by a car no doubt. They hunt very well for live food, but if an opportunity comes along for an easy meal, they'll take it.
Thank heavens it was dead, otherwise it would have been very difficult to watch.

deviant2

In the video; what did the smaller one E18 all the time on the ground?
First moments I thought it's sleeping but that couldn't be... Did it 'hide' from the bigger sibling E17 to draw no attention?
Or a 'submissive posture' like other animals do too to calm down its counterpart?
In the end, he even found a piece of meat and could eat it alone but got this grass in it's beak, it was a bit sad and funny to watch.
And the other eaglet was 'making its bed' and looked sleepy. :lol:
That's E18 being submissive. The little goober has been getting his bonks in too lately. He's got her good a couple times, and has been the one to start it. Won't be long and that stage will be over. They were eating bits of food out of their bowls at CROW on their own. So both kinda have tried to get bits down in the nest. Difference is in the nest they aren't cut up nicely for little eaglets.

Reactions: McM

McM

ARSELING
:whoa:Harriet brings home a cat.
And this one is not a stuffed animal...

View attachment 484656View attachment 484658View attachment 484663View attachment 484659View attachment 484660View attachment 484661View attachment 484662

My heart was racing until I saw it wasn't alive. Jeeeeezzzz....
Poor kitty was dead already, hit by a car no doubt. They hunt very well for live food, but if an opportunity comes along for an easy meal, they'll take it.
Thank heavens it was dead, otherwise it would have been very difficult to watch.

I've watched that yesterday too; some days before you could see two long rabbit ears lying around in the nest. :lol:
And it's been quite windy, the tree and nest were moving.
The last pic is funny: Like..what's that for a thing?

deviant2

Pantry is full.
Squirrel, fish head, cattle egret legs.
Rabbit and more fish.
IMG_20210220_142845_694.JPG.jpg
22021eesandfood.jpg

Harriet and her airplant...
458p H airplant.PNG.png
458p H airplant b.PNG.png
5p H airplant c.PNG.png

Mom
511p H cup a.PNG.png

Pin feathers..
512p 17 pins.PNG.png

Dad with a dirty face...
515p M dirty f.PNG.png

Sugar³

This user was banned
I've been around, quiet is all.
No, I don't run the cams. There's a team of folks that handle that. I do take screen grabs from the live cam though.
Oh, I see. I thought you meant that your pantry had those things in it, to give to the Eagles.

McM

ARSELING
Last week I looked through the other 'eagle cams' on this site and there was a horrible video from an eaglet that was caught/entangled somehow between the legs of one of the adult eagles. Maybe there was a piece of thin fishing line slung on the legs and the eaglet got into it. You could see how the adult eagle tried carefully to free the small one but it didn't help. Two times it flew away from the nest and when it came back the last time the small one wasn't present anymore. Lost on the way or the adult eagle had to get rid of it. :(

deviant2

Last week I looked through the other 'eagle cams' on this site and there was a horrible video from an eaglet that was caught/entangled somehow between the legs of one of the adult eagles. Maybe there was a piece of thin fishing line slung on the legs and the eaglet got into it. You could see how the adult eagle tried carefully to free the small one but it didn't help. Two times it flew away from the nest and when it came back the last time the small one wasn't present anymore. Lost on the way or the adult eagle had to get rid of it. :(
I think that's an older video, and not from this nest. Fishing line and hooks cause much grief.

deviant2

Babies didn't move during that time, except E18 and that's only because in the wind, dark and her fiercest(ness) Harriet almost landed on his head.
Screenshot_20210221-133618.png
Screenshot_20210221-133814.png
Screenshot_20210221-133816.png
Screenshot_20210221-133821.png

Also worthy of note, E17 with those camo pin feathers... covered him up to the best of her ability.

McM

ARSELING
I think that's an older video, and not from this nest. Fishing line and hooks cause much grief.
No, not from this nest. There are more eagle cams on Lady Hawks site and Youtube, I do watch them too. One nesting place was high on a rock directly at the seashore. Very beautiful.
Surfing through this kind of videos I found the one with the entangled eaglet.
Yes, the plastic stuff/waste in general left in the nature causes a lot of harm to the animals.

deviant2

No, not from this nest. There are more eagle cams on Lady Hawks site and Youtube, I do watch them too. One nesting place was high on a rock directly at the seashore. Very beautiful.
Surfing through this kind of videos I found the one with the entangled eaglet.
Yes, the plastic stuff/waste in general left in the nature causes a lot of harm to the animals.
My first thought was of the Baron and Baroness... she's gone now, may she soar.

deviant2

The place at the sea is called 'West End Bald Eagle Cam' and it's under 'other eagle cams'.

Or on YT.

Seems a harsh place, but they make a go of it and succeed. It is beautiful... I'd live there, no problem.

Back