Serious Has Gore Gotten Easier Or Harder To Watch Over Time? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dank89

The Yorkshire ripper
Do you think you will ever grow out of watching gore?

Has it gotten harder or easier to watch over time?

I was introduced to gore when I was about 10 or 11. The first video I ever watched was the famous Mexican cartel chainsaw beheading. I can’t recall who showed me the video possibly an older brother of a friend. Anyways, I started really watching gore when I was about 15 with my friend and we would watch videos in our high school math class and show other kids and laugh at their reactions. This was at the time when bestgore was our go to site. I’ve never been able to handle knife videos of people getting slashed or cut and definitely no animals but anything else I can usually handle. But over time I feel like I’m starting to feel like these people I’m watching getting murdered aren’t even people if that makes sense. There’s no way if I was to get my head chopped off I’m ever being at rest. It’s like when your best friend dies for instance, you expect them to go to heaven or be at peace. That’s what these people being murdered parents are expecting lol. It kinda blows my mind. Backtrack to the story I’m now 22 and I feel like when I was younger It was lowkey easier to watch gore. I don’t think I’ll ever quit watching it as I like seeing what goes on in the real world but I feel like my view has changed.. man I’m high. Time to go watch some more videos.
It gets easier as you age, i think 🤷🏻‍♂️

shadowcat75

Lurker
It’s gotten a lot harder in my opinion are used to be able to look up core on Google now you can’t even find gore on Google censoring the Internet now it sucks

franki93

Rookie
It got easier for me.
I used to be an EMT, but in a small Italian village where the biggest emergency would be an old lady fainting inside the Church, so I didn't see much gore stuff whilst working in the ambulance (I also changed career quite quickly).
The first gore video that scared me was the one where the cartels beheaded a policeman and opened his son's chest whilst he was still alive. It took me a while to "recover" from that vision.
But now I'm pretty much used to gore, and when I rewatch that cartel video it doesn't scare me anymore.
I only avoid animal videos because I hate animal abusers and I think they deserve to die. But gore videos with humans are fine.

VampyreKing

Rookie

I was introduced to gore when I was about 10 or 11. The first video I ever watched was the famous Mexican cartel chainsaw beheading. I can’t recall who showed me the video possibly an older brother of a friend. Anyways, I started really watching gore when I was about 15 with my friend and we would watch videos in our high school math class and show other kids and laugh at their reactions. This was at the time when bestgore was our go to site. I’ve never been able to handle knife videos of people getting slashed or cut and definitely no animals but anything else I can usually handle. But over time I feel like I’m starting to feel like these people I’m watching getting murdered aren’t even people if that makes sense. There’s no way if I was to get my head chopped off I’m ever being at rest. It’s like when your best friend dies for instance, you expect them to go to heaven or be at peace. That’s what these people being murdered parents are expecting lol. It kinda blows my mind. Backtrack to the story I’m now 22 and I feel like when I was younger It was lowkey easier to watch gore. I don’t think I’ll ever quit watching it as I like seeing what goes on in the real world but I feel like my view has changed.. man I’m high. Time to go watch some more videos.
I've been watching shockumentaries and gore since I was a teenager. It never really bothered me then and it doesn't bother me now. Human tragedy is a reality of all life. What's to get upset about?

Ouchfl

Well Known Member

Harder......... to find something shocking enough to give me that warm fuzzy feeling again

dawhoda

Lurker

You think its harder than when younger? Now I watch them and don't even associate them with Gore...just worldly news. 😆 shit is like an epidemic but maybe always been this way just see it now cuz internet.

kchan

Mentally Unstable

Easier, you get used to seeing it

jguzman1991

Fresh Meat

I was introduced to gore when i was about 11 too alot of murders went unnoticed by the cops her in Zapata we are about 20 minutes from the border i saw multiple friends get decapitaded tortured and disappeared guys that didn’t even do shit but talk shit haha like a friend’s mother who got shot 70 times for going to my friends dad funeral in Mexico those where the good times ☠️

How do you sell you soul to the devil anybody know?

Last edited:

It depends on the video sometimes it’s just to much to watch

Definitly easier, but like some of you guys, now I am more cautious IRL. I know what a single knife stab could done. Why you better fasten your seatbelt.

DrGoodEvil

Well Known Member

He's gotten easier to watch but I still hate his Global Warming activism.

TorturedCorpse

Some Kind of Twisted

I don't think we, my bestie and I will ever outgrow gore. We absolutely love the stuff and are making our own fun content. Hope everyone likes it when I am able to post our work!

GenericMale

A most average man, just even average-er.
The gore I’ve seen in real life through working as a doctor was more challenging, as there is a direct emotional element to it. Either via the patient if they were able to speak, or their families if the patient died or was unable to speak. I became hardened to real life gore quickly, you have to in order to help patients and their loved ones.

I rarely get an emotional trigger watching videos now. Sometimes one comes along, like the recent video of the woman bound to a bench having her buttocks shredded by a pervert, that sparks emotion in me (anger with that one).

One thing I still find emotive is listening to patients telling me about abuse they have experienced as a child or in abusive relationships. I feel a strong wave of anger in these cases, but I’m able to remain calm to help the patient. It’s also very hard dealing with the children of young cancer patients when they are close to dying. As a parent myself it’s hard to put up an emotional wall with children.
Big respect to you!
What video are you referring to that involves the woman and the bench? Ive never seen it or heard of it

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
Big respect to you!
What video are you referring to that involves the woman and the bench? Ive never seen it or heard of it

I can’t remember the title of the thread but it was uploaded fairly soon before my post you referenced, which was February this year.

I think the video may have been uploaded twice. Likely to ‘underground media’. It was a woman tied face down to a bench being whipped. But it didn’t look like she was a consenting party in the sadism.

CaliKrypto

Fresh Meat
I started working in an ED where I saw gore and dead people daily, and then came the gore interest. It was never super hard to see but cutting I still can't watch such as beheadings, cutters, etc.

MM2

NewbieX
IMO it's easier to watch without a noticeable visceral reaction but honestly I don't seek gore for gore itself, I find myself on sites like these because they're one of the few places to find actual reporting on anything going on in the world (after filtering through the BS of course). News outlets rarely ever share raw audio/visual on breaking stories. For that, I commend gore sites.

SquirmsOfUse

Fresh Meat
It depends on what it is, I find if there is something to be learned, it makes it feel less pointless and I feel slightly better.

Back