Hiroshima And Nagasaki (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

JoAkO

Fresh Meat
Does Any one has Footage of the immediacy after the drop of the nuclear bombs Nagasaki and Hiroshima, how did the city looked after that, dead bodys etc? it´s a subject we don´t see often, imagine taking a walk at the city after the blast... what would you find ?

wiggins

Forum Veteran
Does Any one has Footage of the immediacy after the drop of the nuclear bombs Nagasaki and Hiroshima, how did the city looked after that, dead bodys etc? it´s a subject we don´t see often, imagine taking a walk at the city after the blast... what would you find ?
When you drop a 10 kilo ton thermo nuclear bomb to airburst at 4000' the city, any city really, takes on a kind of smokey, knock it down, burning kind of look. People too...

You think they have footage or documentation of it; it heated to the surface of the sun hotter than that in a fraction of a second nobody could get close enough to it to it even be worth getting the footage

Mud

Negro Euthanizer
Not alot of immediate aftermath footage is out there save for what you can find in the museums. Cameras weren't a popular commodity for regular Japs back then, so there wasn't alot of people whipping the camera out to document what just happened.

Zargon the great

Well Known Member
Yes, previously censored films show the immediate aftermath. It was on PBS back in the eighties as I recall. It looked like the city and its inhabitants aged a million years into the future, virtually nothing left, bleached skeletons, survivors burned horribly.

Darth Nuki

Lurker
Yes, previously censored films show the immediate aftermath. It was on PBS back in the eighties as I recall. It looked like the city and its inhabitants aged a million years into the future, virtually nothing left, bleached skeletons, survivors burned horribly.
People closer to the blast were basically vapourised instantly, hence the skeletons. Those further away would sustain severe burns from heat or radiation or impact injuries from shit flying everywhere.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
People closer to the blast were basically vapourised instantly, hence the skeletons. Those further away would sustain severe burns from heat or radiation or impact injuries from shit flying everywhere.
1672943578831.png

I don't think skeletons were left after the bomb. Any one close enough to have the flesh burnt off them would have had any bones blown to bits by the overpressure of the shock wave.

above are photo-shadows left by people and objects disintergrated by the bombs heat...

wiggins

Forum Veteran
You think they have footage or documentation of it; it heated to the surface of the sun hotter than that in a fraction of a second nobody could get close enough to it to it even be worth getting the footage
The explosion was filmed by either Tibbets aircraft or the accompanying one. The camera malfunctioned.

A crew man took the stills with his own camera of the aftermath after they had done the big 60 degree bank and got the fuck out of Dodge after dropping the fucking thing. As you would...

15 minutes after explosion:

1672949117351.png

Over pressure
1672949192257.png

Skeletal remains such as these would have been found when rubble was removed. Natural processes at work like beetles, flies, maggots etc.
1672949445576.png

1672949525185.png

1672949775737.png

1672950008441.png

1672950652311.png

One of the differences between Hiroshima and Nagasaki was that Hiroshima is surrounded by mountains which served to concentrate the blast.

Mistake: not 10 kilotons, 15 kilotons, but what's 5 KT's amongst friends?

Fatman fights back against fat shamming...

1672951613311.png

Last edited:

wiggins

Forum Veteran
I am unsure what causes the thick keloid type scars but they are quite common amongst nuclear survivors.

1672966555875.png

1672966695647.png

Radiation sickness. He died days later. 1km from epicentre.

1672966866228.png

severe burns

1672966950092.png

The photo of the bomb soon after explosion over Hiroshima.

1672967106622.png

Last edited:

hedgerow

simpelton
The boys:

View attachment 648165

Tibbets on take off from Tinian.
View attachment 648169

Yes. When you execute US airmen and then serve their fucking livers in the officers fuckng mess then this is the kind of stuff karma nightmares are made of.
and what a fine group of lads just doing their best to help America win the war

i'm sure at least some of them later bought a Toyota or a Datsun...imo that's a fair form of repentance

never heard the liverwurst story...i always heard it was their kidneys

wiggins

Forum Veteran
and what a fine group of lads just doing their best to help America win the war

i'm sure at least some of them later bought a Toyota or a Datsun...imo that's a fair form of repentance

never heard the liverwurst story...i always heard it was their kidneys
I have posted the liver story on this site before but am unsure where.

If the US guys were anything like the Aussie guys they'd never drive a Toyota just out of spite.

Our Returned Servicemens League had a car park ban on Japanese cars until the mid 1980's.

Back