animals Members with dogs or had dogs (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Donkeyd

Forum Veteran
Was this dog going in for a play with the other dog or for the child? I'm leaning towards a youngish untrained dog running over to the other dog for a play and realised the dog ain't having any of it and decides to protect the family member instead.

Racist Bastard

Forum Veteran
Was this dog going in for a play with the other dog or for the child? I'm leaning towards a youngish untrained dog running over to the other dog for a play and realised the dog ain't having any of it and decides to protect the family member instead.
View attachment 631458
My dog doesn't fuck around either.

Attachments

• 20220809_081445.jpg
    20220809_081445.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 189

angelo

Well Known Member
nope. that dog bolted cause it saw another 4 legged friend having fun and wanted to play
the dog running in is poorly trained, young and obviously had bad recall.
the big issue is how fast that dog came in and from the defending dogs blind spot.

been there, seen it, had both sides of the "fun" to deal with

14ZombiE88

The one you were warned about.
nope. that dog bolted cause it saw another 4 legged friend having fun and wanted to play
the dog running in is poorly trained, young and obviously had bad recall.
the big issue is how fast that dog came in and from the defending dogs blind spot.

been there, seen it, had both sides of the "fun" to deal with
Watch the people, the kid saw it coming, and tried to run, and then came back to try to get at the kid a second time. Judging by the child, defending dogs, and mothers reactions I don't see playfulness.

Lovdatchiggin

Forum Veteran
View attachment 631458
Id be inclined to believe that the dark dog was just an excited pup in for play but, he wasn't.

That dog had intentions against the running small human. It was after prey.

The family Sheppard/mix read it. What is cool is that family dog was more concerned with his own turf than with the continued schooling of the off leash dog. It was not prepared to deal with a defensive/ protective dog nor it's back up.

Ranman

Well Known Member
Let's see here, 1, doggo didn't have it's tail wagging so it wasn't a playful charge. 2, Seems to me the object of the charge was directed at the other dog, probably a territorial issue. Black dog wanted to claim alpha ground. 3, Black dog returned to master but, indirectly so, owner was not quite in control.
My min pin is aggressive as hell when it comes to larger dogs but, with smaller dogs he's like "your not worth pissing on even if you were on fire"!

judging-you

Tired snacker
Wow. It's interesting to see all the different interpretations. I am team yellow/cream dog seen a threat and kept the darker dog from it's human playmate. Yellow dog should get good scratches from the whole family tonight and darker dog needs more training in environments like that.

I want a dog. I still morn my last GSD, Reich and his amazing loyalty. He was a good dog and did similar for me when an overly playful rottweiler came running out to greet us. Reich was an amazing companion. I miss my puppy

angelo

Well Known Member
the dog the kid was with will absolutely protect it. the kid saw sure.

current dogs available are not bred to go after humans. i may be wrong here but generally, herding dogs are the only ones left who have that instinct to move livestock(people?) if they have an option on a city street between a kid, goat, cow, or dog they will mostly interact with the dog.

if a human saw a zebra, eagle, turtle or human, who do you think the human will instinctively be drawn to?
the human is not going to stab the zebra, pluck the eagle or stew the turtle before it confers with its own species.

Back